Your Favorite Card Nickname(s)

M

Mikeymike

I have some nicknames for some of my favorite and least favorite cards, and I'm very curious to hear everyone else's. Hey, maybe we can make some of these official (like Superman for Morphling).

Questing Phelldagrif - Death Hippo...because he always seems to kill someone for me. I'm also the only one in my group who plays him, so I've got a special attachment.
Maze of Ith - Maze of Oink...because a) its annoying and b) its like the creature gets caught in a heaping pile of manure.
Argothian Enchantress - My girlfriend...hey she's a hottie
Withered Wretch - Withered Bitch...You would not believe how much I hate this card
Mundungu - Bullseye on legs...man people hate this card - but I love it!

That's about all I can think of right now. How about you?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'll refer to an exalted angel on the table as Catie, simply because the art looks exactly like a friend of mine.

I play a set of weatherseed faeries in my U/B deck, and I call them the 4 faeries of the apocalypse, and when I play them I'll refer to them in order: conquest, war, famine, death. I call them this because weatherseed faeries are the single most devastating creature in the game, not really but I've killed a fair amount of people with them.

N

Nightstalkers

(Sorry Almindhra)

Phage, the Untouchable: Magic's ß¡†©|-|

hey, thats what I call her.

others include:

Prodigal Sorcerer: Timmy (What, why can't I have a card named after me?)
Counterspell: Guess Again

Death Pits of Rath + Goblin Sharpshooter: Fly Swatter :D

I

Izaryo

solar blast= @n@l blast
Akroma is Angel of B( . )( . )bs
and I too have called my Exalted Angel Sini because I have a friend who looks a little like it

T

train

I call the female version of the Elvish Ranger - Goddess...

and she is...;) :D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised you never noticed it before, but the Classic Questions forum is the one place here where we would rather you didn't start any new threads - instead, please look around and post in the threads already there. Any new threads posted there will be moved out to other forums, as I have done with this one, until such time as it is decided that they are, indeed, Classic Questions.

I could have sworn there was a thread in there on this already. If I find it I'll merge the 2 threads together for the sake of keeping all of our responses in one place.

M

Mikeymike

Hey Tom,

I tried finding a similar thread in CQ but I couldn't. I also posted it there b/c I didn't really think it fell into the flavor of the General forum and it is kind of a classic question (and not really a poll). Although I'd rather it'd be here b/c it will attract more posts.

And Azreal, that nickname for your Weatherseed Fairies is hilarious.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The commonly known ones:

Nantuko Shade: Slim Shady

Lin Sivvi: The real Lin Sivvi

And mine:

Wild Mongrel: Nigel-no reason. I just like the name and started calling it that.

Grinning Demon: Super Atog(look at his smile)

Seedborn Muse: Nature's Candy!

Ransack: cpa trash card- in honor of me :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

No nickname but down at the shop if I play a Rancor I sing the name from a low tone (Ran-) to a high tone (-cor) at a really annoying volume (an 11).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I could have sworn there was something on this in there...:confused:

Ahh, well. Maybe the other threads are lost in the archives of the General Forum instead. I'll try to nose around in there a bit and see if I can find them. Hmmm...

N

Nightstalkers

Strongbad says your thread was...

DELETED!!!!!!

Diabolic Edict: DELETED!!!!!

Chainers Edict: DELETED!!!!!

Demonic Edict: DELETED!!!!!

Innocent Blood: WERE DELETED!!!!!

Balance: SUPER DELETED!!!!

O

orgg

"Some Toilet Paper" or "Toilet Paper" for STP (it wipes creatures out!)

"Piss off," or to put Rancor on something.

"The Bitch" for Serra Angel, but I havn't heard that one in a LONG time... about half less timewise than "tastes like chicken" for something that's good in a mediocre way...

M

Mikeymike

Almost forgot..

Astral Slide - Astro Glide (I doubt I'm unique with this name)
Mother of Runes - Martha, as in Martha Stewart

Also, when I attack with Kamahl and there are no blockers I say "Ping for 6".

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Ferret
Hand of Justice: HoJo.

-Ferret

"Shivan Dragon: Ferret's Bullseye"
Howard Johnson reference! Ferret, you a Mets fan? (not that you'd admit to it if you were)

R

Reverend Love

One of my best friends has the nickname of "Head", due to his 6th grade class picture. His nugget was completely disproportionate to the rest of his body...ooh how much glee has been juiced from this Nick is immeasurable.

As for Magic:

Tokens: oink Clowns, Chingus Token
I have no idea how these got started but that's what my group and I call'm.

Rorix Bladewing: Rorix the Farmer
Everytime a Rorix hits the table a Sword to Plowshare quickly follows...like clockwork.

Any Creature larger then a 5/5 is automatically a "Beast of Destruction"...yes this includes Craw Wurms.

B

bryson430

Wheel Of Fortune = Wheel Of Fish

Accompanied by a little song "Spin spin spin, the Wheel Of Fish"

Probably UK only - from some crazy kids TV show a while back (ie: when revised came out)

O

orgg

Bryson, That "Obsquer UK Kid's Show" was probably titled "The Videot" or "The Videot of UHF."

In the states, the movie "UHF" was Weird Al Yancovich's "feature vehicle" at one point... and is an excellent movie.

Go to ebay and pick it up... It's not just a kid's movie, and as a matter of fact, it's rated PG-13 for Digit Decapitation, Librarian Anger Trama Infliction, and Poodles Not Recieving Flight Licenses.

A.k.a. a severed thumb, arm, and a 'twained body... and poodles that can't fly.

Check it out.