You Make a Mirage Theme deck!

O

orgg

Frenetic Efreet is actually a Vanguard, probably the release winners' prize.

-2 cards, -3 life. All your permanants have phasing. At the end of your turn, flip a coin. If you win the flip, take an additional turn.

N

Notepad

Huh? So, you're trading 50% permanent consistency for 50% odds at getting extra turns? Hardly sounds like its worth trying, especially with cuts to life and cards. Sheesh!

*now watch I'm wrong and somehow this thing becomes broken due to a coin glitch thereby making infinite turns for those who know how to cheat*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It probably works best with that Unhinged card that lets you re-flip coins (well, any coin-flipper card works well with it :) )

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Istanbul said:
It also had Hammer of Bogardan, Cadaverous Bloom, Mangara's Tome (most overlooked artifact EVER), Incinerate, Dark Ritual, Disenchant, Mist Dragon, Kaervek's Purge, Skulking Ghost (2 mana for a 2/1 flyer? sure!), Dissipate...and the list goes on.

Mirage is not the worst set ever printed...it's not even in the bottom five.
Yeah, let's not forget Mangara's Tome. I used it in pretty much every highlander deck I ever built.

Another big one for me is Phyrexian Dreadnought.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I could care less about what happens to Magic Online, but if those are your picks, they seem like good ones, so that's what I voted for. I always liked Frenetic Efreet anyway.

Mist Dragon is another one that can be such fun. "My turn?" Yes it is, but first...

...gains flying, loses flying, gains flying, loses flying, gains flying, gains flying, loses flying, gains flying...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You Make the Mirage Theme Deck Part 4

Rares chosen were: Subterranean Spirit and Mist Dragon

Now you choose 6 commons and 6 uncommons:

Commons:

Azimaet Drake
Bay Falcon
Blistering Barrier
Dream Fighter
Ekundu Cyclops
Goblin Elite Infantry
Pyric Salamander
Raging Spirit
Talruum Minotaur
Teferi's Drake
Viashino Warrior

Uncommons

Burning Palm Efreet
Cerulean Wyvern
Crimson Roc
Flame Elemental
Floodgate
Goblin Soothsayer
Harmattan Efreet
Igneous Golem
Patagia Golem
Suq'Ata Firewalker
Vaporous Djinn
Wildfire Emissary

I

Istanbul

Commons:
Azimaet Drake
Bay Falcon
Dream Fighter
Ekundu Cyclops
Pyric Salamander
Talruum Minotaur

Uncommons:
Cerulean Wyvern
Crimson Roc
Flame Elemental
Harmattan Efreet
Suq'Ata Firewalker
Wildfire Emissary

Y

YoungBeard

Commons:

Dream Fighter - One of the coolest abilities ever on a 1/1
Ekundu Cyclops - YES! We must expose Magic Online to disturbing mushroom art!
Raging Spirit - because COP:Red is dominating the game!
Talruum Minotaur - Minotaurs are neat.
Teferi's Drake - Drakes are neat
Viashino Warrior - 4/2 for 3R - not bad

Uncommons

Burning Palm Efreet - One of my old favorites
Cerulean Wyvern - Just because I like the art
Flame Elemental - A lightning bolt on legs!
Floodgate - One of the coolest walls ever!
Harmattan Efreet - Works well with Floodgate
Wildfire Emissary - Another old favorite.

Ferret

Staff member
I agree w/ the abstainance. I have no intention of buying any online Mirage cards as long as they are selling them at current prices instead of the nice cheapo prices I paid way back when...

-Ferret

"...and we know that if this does well, they'll reprint all the other older sets - with all of their older set problems..."

N

Notepad

*yawns at the vote*

Yeah, pre-selected deck listings. They just pretend you're having a choice. Oh wow, you marrow down a list of 12/11 down to 6/6, and those you vote for only *might* get used. This is about as pointless as I figured it would be.

But hey, why be Mr. Angrypants Cynicalman? There's some good: We can vote to get the broken cards on the list that we'd want to see. Like, um...Goblin Elite Infantry, and erm...Viashino Warrior...hey, wait....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are these the best red or blue commons/uncommons that fit the theme of fire and air? (That's the theme, right?)

Y

YoungBeard

Some obvious ones are missing. E.g. no Burning Shield Askari. Instead Goblin Elite Infantry is a choice? Bleah. Oh well, it's not like anyone really plays precon decks in MTGO anyhow.

N

Notepad

Spiderman said:
Are these the best red or blue commons/uncommons that fit the theme of fire and air? (That's the theme, right?)
YoungBeard said:
Some obvious ones are missing. E.g. no Burning Shield Askari. Instead Goblin Elite Infantry is a choice? Bleah. Oh well, it's not like anyone really plays precon decks in MTGO anyhow.
Yeah, Viashino Warrior really brings the idea of fire to mind. What, no Incinerate? It would be logical. Dream Fighter is supposed to be air? Huh? Hey I know! Let's crud up the selection with a junk card from the Core Game (you know, the box NOBODY plays with after their first game, if even that!) and sneak Patagia Golem into the listing!

I think we can all agree on this:
It really sucks when Sefro's right!

Told ya so! :p ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I'm not ready to say you're right :) I was just askingif those were the best choices because I myself don't know if they are... I was hoping to get more of a gauge from other people's posts (which happened to be two).

N

Notepad

Please Spidey, don't ever admit I'm right. To do so means the world is--hey, where the hell am I going? And why am I in a handbasket?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I'll admit you're right when you're right. I've done it before (maybe not with you, but with others). I give credit where and when it's due.

You Make the Mirage Deck: Part 5

Common Winners

Teferi's Drake
Bay Falcon
Talruum Minotaur
Azimaet Drake
Dream Fighter
Pyric Salamander

Uncommon Creature Winners

Suq'Ata Firewalker
Wildfire Emissary
Burning Palm Efreet
Flame Elemental
Harmattan Efreet
Vaporous Djinn

Non-Creature Commons (Pick 6)

Boomerang
Chaos Charm
Cloak of Invisibility
Dream Cache
Firebreathing
Flare
Incinerate
Jolt
Kaervek's Torch
Lightning Reflexes
Memory Lapse
Power Sink
Ray of Command
Reality Ripple
Sapphire Charm
Soar
Spitting Earth
Stone Rain
Teferi's Curse
Thirst

Non-Creature Uncommons (Pick 4)

Aleatory
Blind Fury
Cinder Cloud
Consuming Ferocity
Dissipate
Ether Well
Goblin Scouts
Meddle
Mystical Tutor
Volcanic Geyser

N

Notepad

Hmm, I actually like these choices a lot more. Still seems very limited in options, though. Crazy WizCo. They should drop the facade and just make some nice precons. Not like anyone but completist fanatics are gonna buy them, anyway!