WWYT Round 3 - Results

E

EricBess

Just a joke fuzzy. You wanted to call me Richard, I'll call you Francis. Just a joke fuzzy. :D

T

theorgg

I has simpsons, south park, The A-Team, Star Trek, and X-files...

"flies" was indeed a mistype.

I

Istanbul

Interestingly enough, I got all of the top three.
And South Park and Twin Peaks.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

EricBess, you said that Rando was the only person to get Seinfeld and Friends, but I got both of them also! I also got the Simpsons!

I'm happy! I have points now!

But I can't believe that the recent death of Carol O'Conner didn't get more people to say "All in the Family"

E

EricBess

Originally posted by EricBess

Rando has the distinction of being the only person to get both Seifeld and Friends, but still finishing just short of points with 24 matches.
Allow me to rephrase. Rando has the distinction of being the only person to get both Seinfeld and Friends and still finish short of points.

I guess now we know that too much TV does bad things to the mind ;)

And about Carrol O'Conner. I dare say some people around here would be too young to even recognize the name, let alone place it. When was All in the Family on anyway? Late 70s, early 80s? And that's assuming they tear themselves away from the computer long enough to even hear about it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard of it, as well as other sitcoms that I personally like such as Different Strokes, Growing Pains, Facts of Life, etc. but I was trying to think what the majority of other people were thinking and I didn't think they would cut it. :)

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm with Spidey here. Of course some of us know who Carrol O'Conner is, and have seen many many episodes of the groundbreaking All in the Family. We just have to try to think like the young'uns ;) around here and guess at more recent stuff.

Note that I did make one oldies guess, but for some reason no one else seemed to consider I Love Lucy, a classic if there ever was one.

If it was a contest for guessing the "best" sitcoms ever, you can be sure that All in the Family and its spinoff, The Jeffersons, would have made the list. Good Times and Sanford and Son would have made the list as well. Oh, well.

E

EricBess

The point with "All in the Family" was that it was in recent news. Of all the "oldies", it and "I Love Lucy" were the only two with multiple guesses and both guesses for "All in the Family" were because of recent events.

I intentionally worded the question "...past or present." in hopes of getting some older shows. Personally, I was expected to see at least one person say "M*A*S*H".

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
We just have to try to think like the young'uns ;) around here and guess at more recent stuff.
Well, the thing is, I AM A YOUNG'UN! But I'm still surprised that the recent news of O'Conner's death didn't get more people to say All in the Family I don't know. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking that if you weren't already a fan of Carrol o'Connor or previously watched All in the Family, you probably wouldn't really care about the news of his death.

I mean, it's informative and on the news, but you're not going to be paying special attention to it. Same with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matheau; you might have known they died and can name Grumpy Old Men or a couple of other well-known movies, but they've done tons more and the casual person wouldn't be able to name the more "obscure" ones.

T

theorgg

I knew of Archie Bunker. That show shocks me with what it said-- I can't believe that they let it on T.V!

I was saddened when I heard Matthou died a couple of years ago... I wasn't that supprised, though. He was old when he did "The Survivors," and people just age.
Same goes for Jack Lemon, but I didn't know any of his older movies...