WWYT Round 3 - Results

E

EricBess

I guess it is a good thing that all responses are anonymous. Some of the answers I got from this one were laugh out loud funny. I dedicate this round to the memory of Carol O'Conner. Apparently, not everyone knew who he was or that he just passed away the last few weeks, but the event did get a few responses for "All in the Family" that we might not have gotten otherwise. Here are the major responses:

Seinfeld (9)
Friends (9)
The Simpsons (7)
Cheers (4)
The Drew Carey Show (4)
Frasier (3)
Full House (3)
Family Matters (3)
The Brady Bunch (3)

The following were each worth 2 points:
3rd Rock from the Sun, Spin City, Roseanne, Home Improvement, All in the Family, I Love Lucy

And 1 point each:
The Cosby Show, That 70's Show, Just Shoot Me, Family Ties, The Andy Griffith Show, South Park, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Three's Company (somebody's showing their age), Everybody Loves Raymond, Leave it to Beaver, Boy Meets World, Will and Grace

And also worth 1 point, some of my personal favorites:
ER, Twin Peaks, The A-Team (At least, I don't think it was indended as a SitCom...), Star Trek, The X-flies (was this intended or a typo? I thought it was funny)

Finally, as SitCom's go, who can forget the knee slapping antics of our final 1 point answer, The Sopranos ;)

Once again, Gerode manages to nail 4 of the top 5 answers for a whopping 31 points (5).
TurdCutter hits the boards with 30 (3)
And a 3-way tie at 27 pts:
Spiderman (2)
fuzzy (2)
Istanbul (2)

Rando has the distinction of being the only person to get both Seifeld and Friends, but still finishing just short of points with 24 matches.
Chaos Turtle - 22
Hetemti - 22
Ransac - 22
Azreal the Soulmaster - 19
nodarb - 18
sageridder - 18
Apollo - 13
The Orgg - 11
Melkor - 10

And the standings thus far:
Gerode - 11
Melkor - 5
Hetemti - 5
Chaos Turtle - 3
Ransac - 3
TurdCutter - 3
Spiderman - 3
nodarb - 2
sageridder - 2
fuzzy - 2
Instanbul - 2

E

EricBess

On matches that is.

Remember, there are two types of points listed. Each round, you earn points by matching points with other players. However, those points don't really matter. In order to score the points that matter, you have to be in the top 4 for the round. You had 22 points and you needed 27 to be in the top 4, so you didn't quite make it.

If we play again after this game, I may adjust the point system. It would be nice to give points to people further down. However, I don't want to go too far. My concern is that if too many people get points in a round, it will be too hard to catch up to the person in the lead and he will be able to coast over the 25 point line. As it is, Gerode may be leading, but he could very easily not score any points for several rounds in a row.

Anyway, if anyone has an oppinion, let me know and I'll take it into consideration.

E

EricBess

Yeah, I think this is working. I have to just be a bit more callous, that's all. I feel really bad about not giving points to people who were soooooo close :D

G

Gerode

A game that I'm actually doing *GASP* good at! What is the world coming to?!?

S

sageridder

(eyeswhat people answered)I'm gonna have to drink more when I come up with answers.I mean it leave it raymond,and everybody loves...Hmm maybe i should drink less.:D
Wait I've got an idea [color="336699"]*sageridder throws an aluminum foil ball all the way to china.[/color]
Maybe that will save me next round.:p

T

theorgg

ummm... what IS a SitCom????

Isn't a series that comes on a fixed schedual?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess: Be callous and ruthless, man! ;)

theorgg: Well, technically that describes dramas as CSI or ER or something.

I don't know what actually constitutes a sit-com. I'd guess a show that comes on between 8-10 PM EST and mainly has a "comedic" slant.

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm somewhat amused that I am even scoring in a game where doing well requires me to think like the majority.

A

Apollo

I'm not scoring at all. I guess that means I'm weird. Or maybe that means I'm normal, since I'm on a board of wierdos...

TheOrgg: Lol, I guess you were the one that supplied all of those wierd answers. A sitcom is a "situational comedy", or a show that puts the characters into funny situations and involves lots of wisecracks. AKA anything but the X-Files.:)

E

EricBess

Besides, none of the women folk around here have submitted answers so there would be nobody for me to kiss ;).

Actually, the mechanics are a bit the same. You try to get the most common answer. The difference is that instead of polling 100 people, the players themselves form the poll group.

And no, The Orgg wasn't the only one to submit non-SitCom answers. I'll let the individuals in question volunteer that information if they want.

BTW, what I thought was so funny about the X-files is that it was submitted as "X-flies". I guess that's what they become when you swat them?