World Cup

Although both the NBA teams are detested by myself. Who would you like to win?

• Lakers (with Shaq, whom I detest)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nets (with Kidd, whom I detest also)

• Germans ( with Kai Budde)

• Total voters
A

Apollo

I must say, that was impressive. England went right out and took care of business, and never let up all game. Brazil should be a fun match (assuming they, too, don't choke in the round of 16).

The U.S., on the other hand, were pretty pathetic against the Poles. So many poor touches in and around Poland's box, so many missed chances. And those two ugly, early goals. But we managed to squeak in anyway, thanks to those wonderful Koreans, and hopefully we can turn it around against the Mexicans tonight (who we usually beat). And Jeff Agoos won't be in there, the man that blew the coverage on 4 of the 6 goals scored agaisnt us in the first round (and also conceded a failed PK).

A

Apollo

1-0 U.S.!!!

Gizmo: Have you ever played the Football Champions card game? I've never tried it, cause it's not available in the U.S., but I've heard good things about it.

A

Apollo

2-0 U.S.!!!!!! Could we be headed to the quarters?!?! We've been totally dominated, but Brad Friedel is God and we've had a couple of picture-perfect counterattacks to pick up our two scores. And considering we've never won an elimination game ever, I don't care how we do it.

A

Apollo

Geez, Germany lost 5-1 to England; granted, they're a very good team, but you shouldn't be calling anybody an easy victory.

Except maybe Saudia Arabia...

L

Lotus Mox

I was just kidding, ;)

The US is defnitely not easy, but beatable.

Germany won a friendly game vs. the USA 4-2 this year, although you can't really draw many conclusions from that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I've seen almost every World Cup game Live so far. It's the only sport that's appears to be important in Europe.

*Ransac cringes.*

Ransac, cpa trash manj

G

Gizmo

Dude, its the only sport thats important ANYWHERE outside America.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Good point, and well made.

I must say, though, I've been impressed with England Senegal. I didn't think that they'd get as far as they are.

Ransac, cpa trash man

J

Jaws10387

I wouldn't want to be one of the people on the Italian team when they get back home.

A

Apollo

Wow. Whoever wins the England/Brazil game now appears to be home free...

P

Purple_jester

Apollo's got no respect for Asians... I'll have to kill him again. ;)

I'm wondering who's hurting more, Italy or France?

A

Apollo

Hey, the U.S. is still in it too, so obviously I have no respect for Americans, either. In which case I suppose I should kill myself...

The French should be feeling the worst; at least Italy scored...

L

Lotus Mox

Germany-USA 1:0 :D

that was easy ;) ;) ;)

and we're better than England too! :) ;)

A

Apollo

Easy? Dude, we dominated you the entire game! And if it weren't for that blown handball in the goalmouth, we would've won. Frankly, if you got outplayed that badly by the U.S., I don't like your chances against Brazil.

L

Lotus Mox

actually, I have no clue how we won that game :), but I like our chances vs. Brazil if we have as much luck (and Kahn) as we had vs. you. :D

A

Apollo

You know what, though? I wanted to watch the Brazil-England game, too, but I could only stay awake to watch one game. So I set the VCR to tape Brazil-England, and the dumb thing didn't work. So I know nothing but the score and the 15 seconds of highlights shown on Sportscenter. How frustrating.