wizards is giving out free decks

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This is actually a very cool idea. The aim is, of course, to draw in new business. But it's cool enough that I actually hope it succeeds in that endeavor.

I placed my order. If a couple of us do get these decks in and there's some variation in them, we should totally play some forum games with them...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered mine. I'll play some forum games

What about continuing our Mindmaster series, Oversoul?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I ordered mine, 6 to 8 weeks delivery time..... From WoTC? More like 6 to 8 months, I"ll bet.....

Only in the US an Canada? Well, I guess shipping cost may be the factor in that. Still sux......

D

DarthFerret

Ordered mine too. And yeah, if they are different (they would almost have to be to acomplish said goal right?) then we should play some games with what we get.

B

BigBlue

I'm curious what they'll have... I got one for me and signed my oldest son up for one (but he may not be old enough).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well Cleveland is technically in the US, it's just not something you admit in polite company..... or any company for that matter...... Seems that living there has affected Ransac's mind.... :D

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
My statement doesn't preclude that possibility, just that his living there has affected his mind even more.......

turgy22

Nothing Special
So my wife calls me at work today and asks if I ordered anything from Wizards of the Coast. I tell her "no" since I haven't played IRL in over a year and haven't even played online since the summer. "Well," she tells me, "you got a package from them today." Sure enough, I get home from work and there's a little box from WotC. I open it up and it's got two boxes containing crappy little 30-card decks and instructions about how to play Magic. Apparently I'm a planeswalker.

So I just wanted to see if anyone knows what this is all about. I know some of you judge and you've probably got your finger more on the pulse of the Magic-al goings-on of WotC. I mean I haven't picked up a Magic card in over a year and haven't attended a DCI event in longer. Is this some sort of promotional thing to get lapsed players playing again or is it a thank you gift for my previous years of loyalty to the game / DCI membership? Anyone else get this or have any idea what it's all about?

R

rokapoke

I know that I had the same thing happen, but Ransac is right about the source of my cards. I had signed up for that oh so long ago, only to find that the cards arrived today.

I received the green and black "decks." It would appear that they're worth almost as much as the zero I paid for them. On the other hand, they were free.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oh, yeah, thanks. I completely forgot about that.

I got the black and blue decks.

Anyone else get theirs?