Wizard: Round 9

E

EricBess

What a bunch of wimps...:D

I was really hoping to not have to do this. I really wanted to just sit back and take the last trick, but now I suppose I don't have an option. Ironically, with 3 overbids, I've been worried about taking too many tricks. Now, we'll see, but at least if I do, I take BB down with me :p

Wizard

With his luck, BigBlue has the 7 of Clubs and no one has the Ace (I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have played Wizard first hand if you had had the Ace, BB :D), but I really hope either JP or train have the Ace.

Of course, there is the possibility that no one has trump left (the 4 was burned, so only the 7 and Ace remain), in which case, the final suit I lead could be very important :eek::D:D Of course, everyone but TomB has already played, so...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if it makes a difference at this point, but train had to change his card play above as he had a Diamond after all after I discussed it with him :)

E

EricBess

Well, I made my bid. Now I just have to lose the last trick. I hope someone has something higher than BB.

3 of Hearts

Of course, with 5 cards not in play, I suppose those could be the remaining hearts clubs, leaving me with an extra trick :eek:

I was really hoping that either train or Jigglypuff would overtrump so I could just take the last trick and not have to worry about whether BigBlue still had any power :p

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It's throw-in time being that it's the last trick, so here's my 6 of Hearts.

Now, someone come along and save me...LOL! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess plays the 3 of Hearts.
TomB plays the 6 of Hearts.
rkoelsch plays the 3 of Diamonds
BigBlue plays the 7 of Clubs
Jigglypuff plays the 6 of Diamonds
train plays the 9 of Spades

Bids:

Jigglypuff: 3
train: 2
EricBess: 1
TomB: 2
rkoelsch: 2
BigBlue: 3

Tricks taken in the round:

BigBlue took the first.
TomB took the second.
rkoelsch took the third.
Jigglypuff took the fourth.
BigBlue took the fifth.
TomB took the sixth.
rkoelsch took the seventh.
EricBess took the eighth.
BigBlue took the ninth.

Jigglypuff: 1
train: 0
EricBess: 1
TomB: 2
rkoelsch: 2
BigBlue: 3

So Jigglypuff and train failed to make their bids... BigBlue keeps his lead :) Can EricBess catch him in the last round?

Scores:

Jigglypuff: 10
train: 50
EricBess: 250
TomB: 130
rkoelsch: 180
BigBlue: 290

T

train

Can EricBess catch him in the last round?
Reminds me of the old batman shows - where the announcer tries to make the show better than it was...;)