Wizard: Round 4

E

EricBess

If there were an overbid, I would agree with you. But with an underbid, I think it's a pretty safe bet that train and rkoelsch don't have a Wizard (bidding 0) and that I have 2 at most (bidding 2), which gives you another out.

As such, saving it for the last trick (or a trick that you are going to end up accidently taking anyway) is perfectly safe.

Of course, if you have 2 very low cards (which you have at least 1), the Wizard also gives you a chance to take a risk and try to set more players besides rkoelsch, so I'm not saying it was a bad play, just that it was a more risky play with the underbid.

So far, looks like it's working out for you.

rkoelsch has already stated he has a Jester, so there is no way train is not taking this trick, which sets everyone except you. My hope is that train leads to your last card and everyone gets set :D:p:D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I just didn't want to have YOU sitting there with the lead on the last trick, and leading a Wizard at that point. I've waited too long and been burned before like that...:eek:

We'll see how the last trick plays out then...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, train takes that one.

Okay, last hand:

train: 6 of Diamonds
rkoelsch: Jester
TomB: 9 of Clubs
EricBess: 6 of Clubs

rkoelsch won the first hand.
TomB won the second.
train won the last two.

Well, only TomB made his bid and only because train couldn't start with Clubs. Otherwise everyone would have been messed up. What a crazy hand... except for that lone Wizard, everyone pretty much had crappy cards. So TomB jumps in the lead.

Scores:

rkoelsch: 60
TomB: 80
EricBess: 50
train: 60

Round 5 coming up...