Scores:

rkoelsch: 70
TomB: 50
EricBess: 70
train: 80

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, since it appears train has disappeared again, I'll bid 0 for him.

rkoelsch also bids 0.

So TomB's up.

T

train

Spidey bid what I'd a bid...

Thanks o webbed one...

sorry for the disappearances guys...:rolleyes: :(

R

rkoelsch

3 of Hearts

okay I am going to go for all the marbles here.:D
Just to be sure could I have played my Jester instead of following suit. I am not asking to change my play, I really didn't think a 9 would take it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes you could have played the Jester. You can play it and the Wizard at any time - you don't have to wait until you're out of the starting suit before playing them (unlike the trump suit).

E

EricBess

Interesting play, TomB. I would have thought that with a Wizard and a bid of 1 with two underbid, that you would have wanted to hold on to your Wizard for a while, especially with a trump lead.

Still, I guess we'll see how this works out in the end...Guess I shouldn't have been quite so nice to train last hand :p

9 of Hearts

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
5 of Clubs

I figured I'd better take my bid while I could, EB. Don't ask me why I'd be reluctant to relinquish control to you at that point in the hand though...;)

E

EricBess

10 of Clubs

Hey, I figured at the onset that the odds of me making my bid were incredibly slim no matter what I bid. In fact, had I bid first this hand, I would have bid 1 or maybe even 0...

My comment was more to the point of, "I hope you think you can get rid of the lead now, TomB" ;)

Looks like you ended up managing that well enough. Now we'll just have to play out the other 2 tricks and see what happens.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
True, it was a risk EB, but it was a risk WHENEVER I played it, and I figured my odds were better the earlier I tried.

Thanks for having Clubs...;)