Administrator
Staff member
Order of players:

Jigglypuff
Chaos Turtle
rkoelsch
BigBlue
EricBess

PM me your bids. Diamonds is trump once again.

E

EricBess

Spidey, I've subscribed to the thread. I suggest everyone do the same so that we will have an update without having to have Spidey PM everyone when their turn rolls around.

BTW everyone, I have really, really good cards this hand, so I'm going to bid 3. Better all watch out ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was never really decided; do you guys want to send me your turn and I'll post it or do you just want to post it yourself? I don't care either way... :)

B

BigBlue

I'd say post 'em ourselves. unless someone starts playing cards they don't have. . .

Of course when you're dealt the kind of crap I've been dealt, it doesn't much matter.

Perhaps I missed one thing, is it a fresh deck each round, or does it play to a certain number of rounds before reshuffle?

ie, should I be counting cards.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be sure to jump in if you guys start playing cards you don't have (or not follow suit, or whatever) :)

It's a fresh deck each round; i.e. new shuffles.

J

Jigglypuff

Am I supposed to lead the first hand? Am I also supposed to lead the second hand?

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

I think we're waiting for all the bids to come in. And I'm pretty sure you lead the first hand, and the winner of the trick leads the next (which if it's the last card, spidey will autoplay).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's correct. Once all of the bids are in, I'll post 'em and then you can start, Jigglypuff. And yes, the winner of the last trick starts the next one (and I'll autoplay the last hand of every round to speed things up).

R

rkoelsch

sorry guys. I had a very hectic day yesterday. my bid is in

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bids:

Jigglypuff: 0
Chaos Turtle: 1
rkoelsch: 1
BigBlue: 0
EricBess: 0

Well, everyone could turn out a winner or some people could get screwed :) Time to play! You're up, Jigglypuff...

R

rkoelsch

I think they should shoot people who lead Jesters

question: is a jester lead considered a trump lead everyone has to follow trump?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No. It's considered a "null" card. Chaos Turtle can play whatever he wants. If he plays something other than a Jester, that would be the starting suit (and if he does play Jester, then your card would be the starting suit if it's not a Jester. And so on). If he plays a Wizard, then anything goes and the remaining players can play any card.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'm done for the day and weekend. You guys can play as far as you can over the weekend and if the round hasn't wrapped up on Monday, I'll finish it (hopefully you'll get done with the first hand). If not, we'll continue Monday...

Let me know if it's going too slow or fast so I can remind players :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Sorry about the delay, everyone. My cable (TV and net :mad: ) service has been out since yesteday morning.

Anyhow, I'll play "Spades: 2"

B

BigBlue

Yours! Yours! Yours!

I play 6 of Spades.

Of course, having bid zero, I'm glad I won't take that.

In light of EricB's Ace of clubs, I'll reveal my 10 Hearts for the second round, though it'll be autoplayed by Spidey on Monday anyways. . .

E

EricBess

Ha! I'm the spoiler. I'll play a Wizard. Ha ha ha. Wait, I bid 0, didn't I. I don't even have a Wizard in my hand. I guess I'll play the 5 of Spades and call it good.

rkoelsch, you're a wimp!!! ;) You could have risked that your Jack is higher than whatever CT has and tried to set two people. Poor little BigBlue would have ended up taking this one with the 6 of spades. <begin maniacal laughter>

As it is, I'm sure CT get's the second trick since no one else wants it and I'm sure he has trump.

Like I said, rkoelsch leads first. Since there really isn't anything that can change, I'm just going to post my other card right now so that no one needs to wait for me when it is my turn to play since I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to post again. It's the Ace of Clubs.

C

Chaos Turtle

I need a clarification, please.

Does high trump always take the trick (except when a Wizard is played)? And if no card from the trump suit was played, it's the high card from the led suit? Or the highest card played?

Thanks.

R

rkoelsch

Yes EB I know I could have tried to screw CT but I am a cautious player in all things(hence my love of white).

My lead Clubs: 10