Scores:

EricBess: 120
Jigglypuff: 110
Chaos Turtle: 160
rkoelsch: 180
BigBlue: 260

R

rkoelsch

2 Rounds to go. It will be hard to catch Big Blue. Good luck to all.:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Bids:

EricBess: 5
Jigglypuff: 3
Chaos Turtle: 3
rkoelsch: 3
BigBlue: 1

Four overbids! Looks like some people are very confident and some are going down this round! Must be better with trump ;) Take it away, EricBess

B

BigBlue

At least if I go down, others are coming down with me...

E

EricBess

Interesting. Looks like I'm going to have to play this one a bit differently than I had originally intended.

Let's start off with the 8 of Clubs

J

Jigglypuff

Interesting start.

Let's play the 2 of Clubs

(- Steve -)

R

rkoelsch

EB you suck! I don't want to play no more!!!!

PS: just in case people can't tell I am just kidding.

E

EricBess

Are you kidding? I've got the highest bid of everyone. I have to do something to protect that investment :p

J

Jigglypuff

I think we should all focus on taking EB down so I don't end up last. :p :p

(- Steve -)

R

rkoelsch

You guys are just not very predictable. How am I supposed to place intelligent bids when you guys are all over the place. Really!!!:confused:

E

EricBess

Yeah, that's an issue with sealed bids, isn't it :D On the bright side, we are all fighting a 4-card overbid right now, not just you :p.

Oh, and as far as being predicatable, I suppose we would be more predictable if you saw our hands. Stupid random factor.... :D

B

BigBlue

There are only 3 cards which aren't going to be in play...

Odds are they aren't Wizards... :D

I'm all for an all out attack on EB. ;) It'd keep the heat off of me.

I already told Spidey that I will run a game of this when this one ends, and I'm going to run live bids, it will take longer, but not much longer (basically like one additional round per hand, where you bid instead of playing a card.)

I'd be open to any other ideas as well, like highest bidder goes first, or high bidder picks trump instead of random. Of course that would lead to higher sets, given you might bid high and then lose a lot if you don't get the bid (and you gambled that you'd get the trump)... It'd be interesting to say the least.

E

EricBess

You know what could be really interesting? Preliminary bids and final bids. You would have to have some sort of a rule in place that keeps people from entering just a junk bid for their preliminary bid, however. For example, over the course of the game, the differences between your final bid and your preliminary bid can only add up to, say 7 (or some equally arbitrary number). That way, if there is a significant over or underbid, you can adjust your bid, but with a disincentive to just toss in a crap preliminary to throw everyone off.

Now, concerning that idea of messing me up... I'm not on board with that one. It should be unanamous before we move to something so rash and I just can't see myself standing behind such a plan :eek:

J

Jigglypuff

But it would be oh so much fun to knock you down to 20 or so points. Besides, I don't want to finish last and the best way of assuring that is to take you down. Nothing personal. Just trying to maximize my chances of not losing the worst.

(- Steve -)

J

Jigglypuff

Whose turn is it, anyway? I already played my card, so I know it isn't me.

And I'm glad that you understand, Eric. Now I don't have to feel too bad when I knock you down by about 1000 or so points over the next few rounds. :p

(- Steve -)