train took the fourth.
BigBlue took the fifth.
Jigglypuff took the sixth.
rkoelsch took the seventh and eighth.

E

EricBess

Ace of Clubs

Okay, here's my prediction for the final trick:

rkoelsch leads the last Jester. BigBlue takes the final trick with the 4 of Clubs and wins the game. :eek:

Mostly because that would just be my luck, but also because it seems like that is probably what people have based on the play.

And if rkoelsch doesn't have the final Jester, then whoever has the Jack of Hearts takes the last trick.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to assume TomB plays intelligently since he bid 0, so he plays the 4 of Clubs.

last Hand:

rkoelsch plays the 3 of Hearts
BigBlue plays the Jack of Hearts
Jigglypuff plays the 4 of Hearts
train plays the Jack of Spades
EricBess plays the 3 of Clubs
TomB plays the Jester

Bids:

Jigglypuff: 3
train: 2
EricBess: 2
TomB: 0
rkoelsch: 3
BigBlue: 3

Tricks taken in the round:

EricBess took the first two.
BigBlue took the third.
train took the fourth.
BigBlue took the fifth.
Jigglypuff took the sixth.
rkoelsch took the next three :eek:
BigBlue took the last.

Jigglypuff: 1
train: 1
EricBess: 2
TomB: 0
rkoelsch: 3
BigBlue: 3

So Jigglypuff and train failed to make their bids again and BigBlue eked it out :) Congrats!

Scores:

Jigglypuff: -10
train: 40
EricBess: 290
TomB: 150
rkoelsch: 230
BigBlue: 340

Jigglypuff made a weird play on the 9th hand and played his Wizard... if he kept it, he could have set back BigBlue and EricBess would have won it. I sent him a PM about it but not sure if he got it before the game moved on. Oh well.

If people want to play again, we can try open bids instead of sealed...

B

BigBlue

I'm really confused :confused: :confused:

But anyways... gl on that next game, I have to sit out. My big project of building an addition is about to start and I'll be AFK for most of the time the next several months.

Thanks a million JP, where do I need to send that Check? :D

R

rkoelsch

I would like to know what JP was smoking when he made his play. Sure 1 trick wouldn't have helped him but he could have taken someone down with him.

Do you think he is preoccupied with someone of the female persuasion like before? :D

B

BigBlue

I'm confused about JP's Wizard Play... I'm not complaining mind you... :D

I didn't realize Wizards was like Illuminati and it was more about screwing with everyone else than winning... :p

That's all.

R

rkoelsch

I always play it to make my bid is top priority, then try to upset the leaders bid.

E

EricBess

Well, if nothing else, JP did claim one small victory. Even though he ended up with the fewest points (it would have been more style to end with an exact 0, though), he got to have total control over who won.

I'm not sure if that's what he had in mind when he played it (I would be interested to know why :confused: ), but dang it, that's two in a row that BB gets to win and that's hardly fair :D

J

Jigglypuff

Okay, time to lay to rest the controversy surrounding my play.

When I made the play, I had the rule confused in my head. I thought that it was the last Wizard played in a round that took the trick. In addition, I must have made a mistake in marking off my cards because I thought that the Wizard was the last card in my hand.

And I was only partially preoccupied with someone of the female persuasion.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose I could have stopped the game while I clarified his play, but since he couldn't make his bid and it technically wasn't illegal like not following suit, I figured he had some master plan in mind :)

Do you guys want to play again with open bids? Would it be helpful if I send a list of cards back to everyone about halfway through the Round to double-check your cards left?

E

EricBess

I'm going to be on the road Tuesday through probably Thursday and I don't know if I will even have internet for certain at all next week, so if you get 4 to play without me, go ahead and start. If you need me for the 4th and don't mind waiting, then that's fine.

B

BigBlue

Well, I will graciously bow out then...

EB won the day, and he can wear the target next game. I mean a member of the Female persuasion can cast her wicked wiles on anyone and make them miss a play... :D

I didn't feel comfortable with the win anyways, so congratulations to JP for making it back to zero and to EB for winning the game.

E

EricBess

Misplay or intentional, you did end up winning BB. But it could have just as easily gone the other way, so if it makes you feel better to say that you didn't...

I'm equally satisfied knowing that I probably should have won, but there was nothing illegal about how it was played. And quite frankly, had it been intentional, I couldn't say that it was a bad play necessarily.

No, I'm happy with second place knowing that it could have just as easily gone the other way. You can keep your target :D