Without a Trace

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just got around to watching last week's episode and my tape ran out before the end (Doh!) Did anyone watch it and can tell me what happened after Jack's scene with Vivian where he's thinking that if he's going down, he's going to take Spaulding with him, even if that means lying on the stand? And Vivian's saying not to do it, to stick to telling the truth, even as she acknowledges that he's most likely going down (with neither of them knowin gthat Martin went to his dad and told him to cool it?) I imagine it can't be that much more but still...

T

train

I didn't see it...

I was working on a final project for programming...

Got a 100 though... and some Alpha testers once it's all programmed...

E

EricBess

He takes the stand. The lawyer asks if he was the only one asking questions. He answers (truthfully) "yes". She asks if he was aware of the other guy's phone conversation with the officer. Again, he tells the truth "no". The lawyer says "no further questions" and Jack says he has something to add. The lawyer tries to shut him up, but the judge lets him talk and he ends up telling the truth.

They start questioning him why he would have done that and he says that he was thinking about the boy in the cave and that he'd do the same thing if he had it to do over again.

Spaulding ends up getting out on the technicality, but the politician father of what's his face is in the courtroom and ends up dropping the investigation.

Jack turns in his resignation anyway, but when the information comes in about the girl being found the person they suspected, they start planning how they are going to get the guy that did it and Jack steps in and helps out.

The final scene, we see Jacks boss tearing up the resignation letter.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Jack turns in his resignation anyway, but when the information comes in about the girl being found the person they suspected, they start planning how they are going to get the guy that did it and Jack steps in and helps out.
What's this part? The Cory Wilkens girl or something? I never quite got why this all was in there...

I thought this was part one of two... no? It ends?

E

EricBess

Well, I think the season finale is this week, so they may continue with that storyline.

The basis for the last episode was that it was revisiting 3 different past episodes. There was the shooting in the hotel lobby, the pervert, and the missing body that they just found. They didn't do much with the missing body, but it was from a previous episode also.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I got the terrorist and pedophile ones but couldn't recall the woman episode. All I could think of was maybe she was that reporter who was killed and never found (at the time...)

And apparently it's this week when the season finale begins of part one of two :rolleyes: Oops...

T

train

Okay - I just saw the two-week long season finale, and it was pretty darn good...

Knowing that Sam got shot because some idiot tried to be a hero reminds me so much of real life... and we now know why the ransom amount was an "off" 687,000.00

Oh well.. can't wait 'til next season...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just got around to seeing it too... I thought the finale was great, much better than CSI. Jack really had to do some soul-searching... I thought that Danny was little-used, pretty much along with Vivian but I guess since the story wasn't really about them, they weren't needed.

T

train

I think Danny and Vivian stepped aside like you said, but I also think the romance will begin brewing between Sam and "blonde boy"(i can't remember his name)... I think they ployed on that just a bit...

As for Jack's soul-searching I think we'll see more of his family in the coming season.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, now that Jack seems to be going back to his family, it looks like romance will heat up (or try to) between those two (I forgot his name also). I didn't know Sam had relations with Jack though; that episode where there was a witchhunt for Jack was when I first heard of it and I was slightly surprised...

T

train

I think they alluded to it being when they were both "young-ins" in the organization, I don't think it was while in the positions they hold now.

That may also have been some of his marital issues...:eek:

T

train

Anyone else here think sam and jack may have something going on, just as he begins getting back with the Mrs.?...

Great episodes for the last 2 is all I have to say...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure yet... apparently in the past they had something going, but they seemed to have stopped it. Jack may have just been trying to get Sam to calm down and not rush getting out into the field again...

T

train

i can see that - but with the way she looked at his hand - *prophecy coming*

i feel it was leading to something...

As for the los tbus/kids - that episode was good... those were extremely sensitive microphones...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it could have been either a "what are you doing, it's over" kind of look or a "maybe we can start again look" or "It's nice to know you care" look.

Oh yeah, we missed the first episode - our VCR was set to SP on taping so we missed half of CSI and all of Without :rolleyes:

T

train

Where is the CSI thread...

Noticed they were downplaying the Sarah and Grissom things...:rolleyes:

T

train

I can say that the rich boyfriend had a good murder plan... but was dumb enough to still leave a loose end on it...

(Odd I called it a good murder plan...)

Oh well...

I still think there was more between Jack and Sam rising in this episode... I also noticed his family didn't play much of a role in this one like it did previously... we'll have to wait and watch...

As for the past with Danny - changing the name and everything... that's a little scary - makes me wonder if they'll open that up, and show glimpses of him turning to the "dark side" in his life once again...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't reply yesterday as I hadn't seen it yet, but we watched it on tape (finally!) last night...

I thought the fiancee or that other investor dude did it... that convicted felon guy seemed too obvious.

Didn't really pick up on anything between Jack and Sam this time. Jack's family does seem to have disappeared though...

I didn't know Danny changed his name if it was mentioned last season, but I don't think it's sinister... we already knew he had a past and everything, so like he said, he wanted a fresh start.

T

train

I'm just wondering if the fresh start will stay such - or if they bring it up more... in a plot turn to have him go sour - or at least be tempted to...