Win a MTG: Battlegrounds demo!

O

orgg

Well, back in seventh grade, around the fall of '93 there was one rich kid who all the kids were starting to gather around, and many of those were my friends. They were playing a game during recess, and I was goaded into playing it after a few weeks. My friends had collections, and many others borrowed decks from the rich kid.

I borrowed decks. I played with his Duals. I fondly remember Bayou being tapped on blacktop. BLACKTOP. We had fun, with ten or more people on that hard ground, all tapping blissfully and throwing down Craw Wurms from Unlimited and Revised, probably some Legends and Dark, but mostly Unlimited and Revised. We used Darkpact to grab one of the ten cards of the ante, because that's just what it DID. We wanted to play with that card, and it wasn't a "steal a card" form of card-- it was simply a tutor for the ante, a concept I tried to get 5-color.com to adopt when it was beginning to get popular... but I digress... At one point, I saw Pog. I got into Pog in a big way. D'oh. Pog became less popular. Double D'oh. Pog dies. This is around December of '95. I get the last three packs of Homelands and a Fourth Edition starter deck from Toys R Us for my best friend. I decide that he could have two packs of Homelands, no big deal, and open one. I see Abbey Gargoyles and fall in love. Gibbert got a starter of 4th edition that year. :D

My favorite card is the original Orgg. I remember getting $10 worth of Fallen Empires at that same Toys R Us(fifteen or sixteen packs) and opened an Orgg. Everyone thought it stank, and at that point so did I. Good times. It fit me well-- it was big and unpopular, and didn't like to fight. Just like Me.

I've been told by many of those at this message board that it fits me after they have met me in person.

T

train

Just a note -

I did respond to duke, and it wasn't the "I don't know..." or "Doesn't matter"...

D

DÛke

Um, train...

My questions:
What type of bull**** is this? You get a...yay! a...demo! Who cares! Shouldn't we actually know a demo for what? Is it a demo for computer use? is it an XBox demo - because some of us with an XBox got a demo over a month ago, played it, enjoyed the first few rounds, then laughed at it, and then burnt it to see what a CD smells like when it's burnt. Is the demo the same demo, perhaps with the addition of few needed tweaks?

And I need to ask a question - in the XBox demo it says something about "over 70 spells" - is that all we get from the Magic universe - "over" 70 spells? No, and someone over there had enough nerve to say something about "enjoy the endless combinations." Well, let's see: say we get a total of 140 spells after we play the game and unlock some of the other spells, download whatever s********t they give us on XBox Live, and taking that much Tylenol to rid ourselves from the headache meanwhile – this means the spell quantity about doubles…but before we go further in deceiving ourselves, let's divide that by 5 colors - you get...um...28 spells.
Your reply:
because it interests me... and I know people with those platforms and could easily play it elsewhere if not at home...
Which, needless to say, does not really make sense in the light the questions I asked. At least Spiderman had a vague sense of what the question is, or what a question is...

At least...

T

train

Duke - If you'd look back at my original answer to your question - it does show the question I was answering...

"At least try to type intelligently..."

B

BudLeiser

My cousins had collections of Xmen cards. I bought some and the cardstore wasn't far from where my dad worked. So when I got bored I would go there, people were playing this Magic game. I don't know who how when where or why but I bought a starter of Revised I think. It had Hypnotic Spectre and Plague rats in it so I played black!

Favourite card??? Vesuvan Doppleganger OR Hypnotic Spectre (I CANT DECIDE!), but my favourite art is still Plague Rats. Btw Clone would be an awesome creature in Battlegrounds. (Vesuvan would be better but I have no idea how that would work with the switching and all)

H

Hetemti

Vesuvian would be awesome...perhaps it'd copy the 'best' (or at least a random) creature each time it respawns, and be a vanilla otherwise...hence it'd be decent if the board was otherwise clear, but a badass if someone playing Forests tries to throw a Rushwood at you. (And the +1/+1 counters would remain after chaning form later...tasty)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, I got a reply from Jason saying that the demo is for the X-Box :( I asked him about the Gamespy news of a demo being for the PC also so I'll let you know what he says. I may have dropped the ball on this since he said he thought he told me, so I apologize.

H

Hetemti

I need PC demo...because I have a real computer rather than a false computer in a black box with a silly green sticker on it. :D

* Hetemti is an old school console gamer, having not yet stepped beyond SNES.

T

train

SNES Rules!!!...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - street fighter style...:eek: :D :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather have the PC demo too, seeing as how I don't have the X-Box either... heck I just got the GBA, not any of its previous incarnations, last year... that's about my gaming experience aside from the PC.

Although apparently you can get a "game system joystick" with most of the old Atari games on it :p

B

BigBlue

Well.... Regardless of whether the demo is actually usable... I enjoyed reading the responses to the question... I have friends with X-Borks... So, I'll at least get to try it if I get one.

Ferret

Staff member
I like to limit myself to the number of Microsoft products I own - trying to think of the last time I actually BOUGHT one (Hmmm...Win '95 - yeah, that's it). If they put it out for the PS2 I'd be happy...

-Ferret

"X-Box = Dreamcast w/ better marketting"