Why Oh Why did WOTC have to print Battle of Wits??

F

FoundationOfRancor

You can be a real oink sometimes gizmo.

Spiderman, there was always Will o Wisps and Unholy strength....lol, its a stretch, I know.

G

Gizmo

wtf are you talking about?

Now I`m getting abuse for pointing out something cool?

Screw you, and screw this place - it can rot away for all I care. And given that the few people who are left seem perfectly happy to have that happen so long as no new people come along to disturb their flamewars that`s likely what will happen.

M

Mongoose Man

Dude FoR, in what way is Gizmo a oink?
All he did was point out that Battle of Wits could be used effectivly in a deck....If anyone here is a oink i'd hafta say that it's you

Z

Zadok001

I think FoR may have been joking there, and left off the smilie. Giz is right, though. :) All we who hath condemned the Battle of Wits shall rot...

I

Istanbul

Then rot I shall.
I still condemn it. Not as much as before, but I still think you can play better decks.

T

theorgg

I applaud the Reverend of the Subgenius Toby Watcher for using such a card with sucess in the tournament field.

I still say it's an insult to casual players, however. It encourages steriotypes that just Arnt' True after a month or two...

A

Apollo

I don't like the card, just cause I don't like cards that say you win for any reason. I do think it's pretty sweet though that Toby took a weird card like that and made such a successful deck out of it.

And I think FoR was joking. I can't be sure, though, unless he shows up and says so himself.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It didn't sound like FoR was joking; I'm not aware of him and Gizmo being "close buddies" to joke like that (especially viewing Gimzo's repsonse).

I applaud the use of Battle of Wits; I think it's cool that it won in a non-casual setting (which is what most people wrote it off as). Just goes to show that for most any cards, a deck can be built for it.

What's a Grudge Match though?

FoR;
Spiderman, there was always Will o Wisps and Unholy strength....lol, its a stretch, I know.
Yeah, but that's two cards (a better choice is Erg Raiders and Unholy Strength so you don't mana burn on a Dark Ritual). But I agree, that's what the computer does in M:TG by Microprose and it does get annoying :)

A

arhar

I can't believe I'm defending Gizmo, but I also think, FoR, that was uncalled for. I also found it pretty funny that Battle of Wits has been used in Masters Series & Grudge Matchdecks.

Spidey, Grudge Match is basically two stores - NY's Neutral Ground and Boston's Your Move Games, have weekly Type 2 tournaments, with 30 winners battling it out for $1000. Then, the two winners play for $5000 and bragging rights. So far, all 3 events were won by New York players, so NY w00t w00t!!! :D

And for those of you who are blind to the awesome power of Cyclopean Mummy, I can only pity you, for it is truly one of the best cards to ever be printed.... I'm proud to say that I own the only one blue-boarded Cyclopean Mummy in existence... If I wanted, I could sell it for $10,000 on eBay right now.... but no, never!! As long as I breathe, it will hang in a gold frame on my wall.... mwahahahahaha!!!