Whoa...what's happenin' man?

How awesome is it?

• Fantastically awesome!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Incredibly awesome!

• Insanely Awesome!

• I declare today Official Ed Sullivan Appreciation Day!

• Not at all awesome as I wouldn't know awesome if it crept up and juked me in the a---

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
L

Limited

Notepad said:
the quick reply form is something that's been sorely lacking. I mightily enjoy this new design
I like the "Go Advanced" button. It has a kinda "Autobots TRANSFORM" feel to it. ..

"Oh no! It the wailing scream of a thread in danger! Who can help us?"
"Look there! Behind his keyboard! It's PostingMan!"
PostingMan frowns his manly brow as he ponders..
"The situation is dire indeed! I will have to go .. ADVANCED!"
(*Fade in techno-soundtrack and wake up CGI team*)

"Valmorphanize!"

N

Notepad

Limited said:
"The situation is dire indeed! I will have to go .. ADVANCED!"
(*Fade in techno-soundtrack and wake up CGI team*)..."Valmorphanize!"
You mean to say, I'm not the only one who wakes up in the middle of the night in cold sweats, over these nightmares? We can start a therapy group!

I

Istanbul

It's sleek.
It's sexy.
I like it.

By the way, can we have 200x200 animated avatars and sig banners - minimum four or five per person - and the ability to put images directly into our posts? And can we change the color scheme to yellow and purple and have custom titles decided by post count so that people will spam just to inflate theirs?

Oh, and can we shoot bazookas up our butts, while we're at it? :rolleyes:

Seriously, though. The one thing I WOULD like is the [/card] ability. That's just too handy.

J

jorael

You're very right about that one Isty: the card-tags would make magic related discussions a lot more easier. That is one of the (only?) positive things of mtg salvation.

I wonder how they did it, their card tags don't link to Wizards autocard system....

J

jorael

One of the admins? You mean you, or are there more admins? [/n00b question]

T

train

Those things that go on your luggage...

I have to say this new look isn't so bad... the functions are the same and that is probably all that should matter...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Card Tags" are "custom" vBB tags or code where you can put [*card]Killer Bees[*/card] and it'll take you to WOTC's site that shows the card. Instead of manually putting in the whole link right now.

Ferret

Staff member
Spiderman said:
"Card Tags" are "custom" vBB tags or code where you can put [*card]Killer Bees[*/card] and it'll take you to WOTC's site that shows the card. Instead of manually putting in the whole link right now.
Can we do that w/o WotC's permission? Wouldn't that be a copywrite violation or something? I doubt that WotC would care, but their parent company Hasbro might...

-Ferret

"Of course, if it's just a link maybe they wouldn't..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Beats me. I don't think it's any different from cutting-n-pasting the url; it's just a shortcut.

And other sites have it (or so I hear) so as long as they're okay, we should be okay :)

C

Chaos Turtle

I've asked about it. Ed is looking into it. There's no issue with WotC; they posted the autocard code with permission to use way back when they introduced it. It just needs to be made into custom vB code, which we have the ability to do. (We can make custom vB tags to our heart's content...more or less)

N

Nightstalkers

<strike>Oooh... quick question about the card tags: will we be leeching off of the M:TG sites database thingie or having our own on the server?</strike>

Spidey: I only aim to please ^_^

C

Chaos Turtle

I assume we would link directly to WotC's autocard database, if we followed the code they provided.
If someone wants to build a whole new database, I'd recommend checking with Ed first, unless you have a stable host of your own to store the pics. But why do that?

D

DarthFerret

I am not going to pretend that I know anything about programming or any other thing. I like the new look. Is it just me, or did the option to view the last read post in a thread disappear?

C

Chaos Turtle

That option still appears for me; it's the little check-mark icon to the left of the thread title.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Very freaky, as I just came from MTGSalvation and thought I accidentally hit the "back" button. It's not funny how much this site and that one look alike from the forums.

:eek:

*Ransac cringes.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

Ransac, we are missing the sig and image spam that MTGNews/Salvation has. Simply take the time to look beyond the layout.

Notepad's Guide to Telling Which Forum You're In (tm):
-If its full of trollish little beasts who flame everything around them, even if it be only themselves...you're at SCG.
-If its full of similar said trolls, but they rip on presumed card and strategy knowledge, which is obviously false, then you're at BB/PoD.
-If the place is nothing but a giant billboard for images and gay chatsex threads, well, then you're at MTGNews/Salvation.
-If it's none of the above...you're here. ;)