who likes Linkin Park?

What is your favorite American Linkin park single?

• One Step Closer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crawling

• In the end

• Total voters
T

theorgg

I've heard Linkin Park is a very good band, well worth the $15 the CD costs.

I might pick up their stuff, as what I've heard is pretty good.

Then again, they might dissappear as quickly as 3Doors Down, a band that I thought the same thing about...

Then again, the album is still good...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

you should really have more song choices up there like Points of Authority and Place for my head.

They're okay, not one of my serious bands, but i like them.

And Orgg.........i still listen to 3 doors down:)

D

DÛke

...I really liked their single, Crawling. I bought the CD for it. The album, as a whole, is so not bad. It really has style, and it is fashionably produced. However, it's not the type of songs or music that I would listen to for a long time. I listend to the album few times, but after that...it really lose its interest since there isn't anything that stands out. To me, for $13, it was wroth it. I listened to it like 5 times and never more...

I think that's the same problem Three Doors Down have had. I loved their music, and really liked their album. Many potential hits are in it. The music, though, is just not that interesting, and there isn't anything really *new*. It becomes dull after a while, and loses its magic.

I think these bands lack something that can push the limits.

In my opinion, Gorillaz and Chris Cornell are like that too. I'm not sure if Gorillaz are still "hip" in Europe, but in the U.S., their buzz have died. As for Chris Cornell, his album "Euphoria Morning," is more than impressive. Again, nothing that pushes the limits, in my opinion. It's covered with dust somewhere in my room...

G

Gerode

Hybrid Theory is my favorite CD (of the few I actually have), and I have most of the tracks on my Winamp playlist. Other than In The End, which has been grossly overplayed recently (although I still like it), I don't think Linkin Park has lost its magic on me.

I've gotta check out that band you posted later tonight!

C

CAMDEX

I like Linkin Park. I still listen to Hybrid Theory, and the band hasn't lost its magic for me. I especially like the collaboration with the X-ecutioners, which I listen to like there's no tomorrow!

A

Apollo

I like 'em. DUke was right in that it isn't the most groundbreaking material in the world, but it's well done, and it was worth the money I spent on the CD.

Theorgg, I still listen to 3 Doors Down, too.:)

A

arhar

Ahem. Since this board needs a good kick-in-the-behind, I figured I'd go ahead and post MY opinion on this amazing band.

Linkin Park are so terrible it's not even funny!!! God, when will people realize that it's 100% pre-fabricated commercial crap, just as N-Suck, packaged for "depressed" 15 year old boys? Listen to some of the songs.... carefully. It's not even music!! It's a boy-band, put together just to make money, with no talent, no artistic ability, and no integrity, just like Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Britney Spears, N-Sync, Shakira, Destiny's Child, Drowning Pool and all these other "bands". This whole "rap-core" genre is just another fad, just like Pokemon, just like scooters, and will be GONE in 2-3, maximum 5 years, and all these bands will be laughed at and be on VH-1 "Where are they now?" in 2010's (at most). Linkin Park are the Poison and Pretty Boy Floyd of this generation.

D

DÛke

This really makes me wonder, though, Arhar -- what do *you* consider as real music?

Personally, I'm not much into all of the bands you listed, but some of them (Shakira, Destiney's Child) are not really that "laughable." Destiney's Child, all though I never listened to them, have been around for almost a *decade* now. Additionally, when you take out the commerical quality that Shakira's looks and music provides, you'd really find a talented dancer *and* vocalist. I really don't need to "defend" any of these bands, because I realize what you're saying. However, credit must given where its due.

How long have the bands you listen to been alive, Arhar, and what makes you think *they* wont live for 2-3 years maximum?

Madonna. It's funny, because she's so commerically oriented, yet she successfully engaged in a memorable music carrier that lasted 30+ years.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I really, really like Linkin Park. Hybrid Theory is great, and I want a second album from these guys.

As for 3 Doors Down, I didn't like them at first, probably because the radio stations played "Superman" until I wanted to heave. "Duck and Run" rocks, though.

Speaking of heaving, there are only a few bands I can listen to right now without becoming naseous. Among these are Tool, Metallica and Marilyn Manson.

Of course, I'm a total Nirvana nut, but its not likely we'll get new material from them any time soon.

I also like Rage Against the Machine, and I think their new lineup might be interesting.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I can kinda see what Arhar is saying...they are kinda pre-fabricated and like everyone else, but they have a good sound, granted they are no Power Symphony.....but then again no one is:D

S

Svenmonkey

I agree with arhar on this one. They're definitely pre-fabricated and were made to appeal to a certain audience, specifically teenage males. I used to like a few of their songs, until I realized that they're just guys screaming into microphones to mostly synthesized background music.

T

theorgg

And what's wrong with synth? We're All Devo!

Y'know, this thread pretty much proves that.

A

Apollo

Arhar: yeah, they're prefabricated, and yeah, they're taking advantage of me a tad. But who cares, as long as I think it sounds good?

I've got no problem with N'Sync, Britney Spears, or even Pokemon. They don't appeal to me, but I don't mind their existence, because they do appeal to some people.

And finally, what's so wrong with the band being created and marketed specifically to appeal to me? If they want to design something in the hopes that people like me will go for it, I say more power to 'em.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I enjoy the music of Linkin Park.

I've found that their becoming the medium for teenagers everywhere....they appeal to ever genre of kid. There rock, there not offensive, there dramatic, they dont swear, everybody loves them.

*shrugs*

C

Chaos Turtle

Sometimes all entertainment has to be is entertaining.
Linkin Park is entertaining enough. Not my favorite band in the world, but at least I don't want to puncture my eardrums every time I hear them.

A

arhar

Hey, everybody listens to music for different reasons. Majority of people listen to music just to relax, or get into a certain mood, and put it as a background music when they play Quake, eat, paint their toenails, or do whatever. That's why elevator music like Linkin Park and Backstreet Boys sell a lot of CD's - generally, they sound pleasant enough to accomodate a casual listener, they're not offensive (on the other hand, Marilyn Manson is very offensive to your grandma, even though it's 100% an act). But again, I have no problem with that - it's just I personally listen to music for different reasons. I seek depth, melody and honest artistic expression in music.

That's a reply to pretty much everyone except for Duke. Now,

This really makes me wonder, though, Arhar -- what do *you* consider as real music?
As I said before - anything that an artist has put his or her soul in it is real music. It doesn't have to be some underground phenomenon complex enough so only 300 people in the whole world would "get it" - some great examples of non-commercial music that sold a lot of record are Iron Maiden (46 million albums), Lous Armstrong, Depeche Mode, and others

Personally, I'm not much into all of the bands you listed, but some of them (Shakira, Destiney's Child) are not really that "laughable." Destiney's Child, all though I never listened to them, have been around for almost a *decade* now.
Just because a band has been around for X years doesn't mean they're good! A terrible band can be around FOREVER, which just proves, time and again, that people, in general, have terrible taste in music. Also, if a band has put out one record and was never heard from again, doesn't mean that they're bad.

Additionally, when you take out the commerical quality that Shakira's looks and music provides, you'd really find a talented dancer *and* vocalist. I really don't need to "defend" any of these bands, because I realize what you're saying. However, credit must given where its due.
How good a person looks or dances should NEVER be considered when judging someone's music... But it does. If Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, N-Sync etc were NOT as good-looking individuals as they are and couldn't dance for their lives, they would NEVER make it, because they have 0 singing ability.

How long have the bands you listen to been alive, Arhar, and what makes you think *they* wont live for 2-3 years maximum?
As I said before.... age is not an issue when judging bands... But just as examples, here are some of my favorite bands that have been around for a while and still release great music :

The Scorpions - formed in 1965 (first album 1972) (sold out and become commerical in 1999 though)
Motorhead - first album 1977
Iron Maiden - first album 1980
Alice Cooper - first album 1968 (i think)
Judas Priest - first album 1974

I could go on and on. As I said before, it doesn't really matter though. The only fact judging how good a band is should be IS THE MUSIC GOOD?

Madonna. It's funny, because she's so commerically oriented, yet she successfully engaged in a memorable music carrier that lasted 30+ years.
It's funny, because I completely agree :D

[/QUOTE]

D

DÛke

Thank you very much, because you proved what I was going to say next.
Arhar:

The only fact judging how good a band is should be IS THE MUSIC GOOD?
And that would lead us to the main question. Exactly, a particular type of music is good to whom? Each person will have his or her own taste. I don't believe there's a total standard.

And another thing to prove my point, I never heard of any of the bands you listed. Though you do claim that they're great, and I totally believe you -- they're great in your point of view. I might listen to one of them, and think otherwise.

One of the biggest projects I listen to is Enigma, which started in 1991, and is still alive. They sold more than 36 million albums since then. They won an award for being "the most successful German music project by a German group," and have been greatly announced as the world's most international music, and even more, the most motivated and innovative music of all time. Here's the case, you probably haven't ever heard of Enigma, and I'm almost sure you wouldn't like their music. Does that mean they're bad? Maybe -- bad to you. :)

And one more thing...I happen to think that Shakira could sing. :D

T

terzarima

Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Arhar is trying to define himself by putting down other people? I beleive Arhar, the only reason you don't like that music is that you don't want to define yourself as a follower or someone that can connect with the general majority.

If you truely like something, you don't put other music down to elevate it, you just try to promote it by saying:" Hey this is good music, you should try listening to it sometime" And I'm sure, on the contrary to your opinions, that other people would agree that most of your bands are 100% act too, no originallity there.