White Border vs Black Border

F

Fire Slinger

I like bb better
I only use wb when I have to (BoP, Llanowar Elves)

E

ErinPuff

I think black border is nicer looking but I'm not racist.. I'll use wb cards. (especially since I'm no collector and some cards I only have in wb)

R

rkoelsch

It is not that one side is right and one side is wrong. I was just wondering if there were others out there like me. I never play a casual deck unless it is all black border. In tournaments I use white border like the next person because I don't have all the black border. Will I shell out $20 to have a black border card, No. Will I trade a couple of cards for it, Yes. Once again I am not saying one view is better than the other or trying to convince other people. I am just curious.

S

sageridder

I allways hoped the border color would corispond with the card color.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i don't know about you guys but i'd like to have a non legends legend with white border and one with a black border........like Mirri

D

DÛke

...I don't care what border my cards have; though, if I'm able to, I would build an all Black border deck, however, this will not stop me from building a deck with 4 white bordered Wrath of Gods if white Bordered Wrath of Gods is all I have.

S

Smithy

This cosmetic argument could lead off topic(sort of), to the question foil or not foil?

T

Turtlewax Joe

Who really cares, but if I had to choose it would be white.^_^

F

Force of Will Smith

I like both, but i'm partial to white simply because they last longer, and you can clean them. I'll never forget purchasing a "ratty" vesuvan doppelganger, cleaning it, and selling it for $20. :D

Want to test how they last longer. Take a deck of 60 white border cards, shuffle them 40 times. Do the same with Black border.. The BB will look like theyve been hit by a truck, white come out unscathed.

F

Force of Will Smith

Typically white border cards have black speckles all over them that make them look like Oink. Just lightly use an eraser over them. Just be sure not to rub it too hard.

Another solution is to just use a little bit of windex on a paper towel and sort of pinch and slide it from one side to the other.

Usually windex isn't necessary though, usually 2 minutes with a pencil eraser.

OO.. almost forgot.. be precise with your erasing otherwise you can burn some of the ink off.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I would usually just try to scrape stuff off, and end up doing some minor damage if not careful. I never tried an eraser though...

F

Force of Will Smith

you'd be surprised how well it works.. works great on dual lands.

F

Force of Will Smith

yea i actually almost never use them.. i run them in my B/U animate deck... my G/B Rekurmit the Spore Frog deck and i think that's it.

i should go all out and make a 5 color dumboink sliver deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My favorite story with a five color deck was actually with my younger brother. I built a Fluctuator deck for him (he's not good at Magic) when he was in junior high. He was playing a teams match with two of his friends against three other kids, and at the beginning he told them, "I'm playing a rainbow deck." The deck did have cards from all five colors after all. On his third turn he went off with the Fluctuator engine and killed two of his three opponents.

F

Force of Will Smith

I have never ever seen a fluctuator deck that worked well :(.

Has anyone had any success with it?
you'd need to be able to remove all non-cycling portions..
you'd also need vamp tutors.

Probably songs of the damned, living death, and mortal kombat...
hmmmm....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
His was a very casual thing that only works against bad decks usually. It is perhaps the most easily disrupted combo deck there is. I don't have the exact decklist at the moment, but it was something like this...

4x Fluctuator
1x Swamp
1x Songs of the Damned
1x Drain Life
1x Haunting Misery
52x cycling cards