White Border vs Black Border

R

rkoelsch

I would like to know how people feel about using white border versus black border. I have mellowed some since I started but I still don't like white bordered. I think at one point in time WOTC was going to do away with it. I don't know if that is still in the hopper. Some of the new art looks good in 5th and 6th. I really liked the new stream of life art but it hasn't convinced me to buy 6th. The only 6th I own is from booster drafts. Some people pick those to speed things up especially with Masques. I try to build black border only decks. But my crusades, armaggedons and wraths are mostly WB and I just can't leave them out when the deck calls for it.

D

Dark Horse

Im really on the obsessive side on that issue. In a casual deck, I will NEVER, under any conditions use white border.

D

Django

I prefer a good mix of WB and BB cards. Add too much BB and people may think you worship satan, and too much WB makes them think you're a pure christian. I'm neither so I tend to mix it evenly.

Nah, seriously.. I just don't care. :)

N

NeuroDeus

Aint' it bit stupid to construct black bordered only decks? I mean that it doesn't do any difference...just a border color.

R

rkoelsch

I can understand your viewpoint. I am unsure of why I like BB decks. Why do people play with all-foil decks? It is just the eshtetic of the card. Also if you play shieldless
and play mostly BB you can tell were the WB are. I don't want to be accused of cheating. Also remember it is just a point of view grasshopper.

E

Erbrich

It doesn't really matter to me. I think black bordered looks a little cooler, but white bordered edges can take a little more wear before it starts to show.

Erb

H

Hellion

This black bordered thingy is totally costmetics. Actually the point of having bb is that you have the original print of the card, which makes it more valuable than a wb one.

So....in a way, a totally bb type 2 deck is like a status symbol, proving to the others that, you have expensive original prints like bb Armageddon, Crusade or Alfa, Beta Dark Rituals....

It's all in the mind. However, I try to get bb stuff because they are worth more than wb stuff.

S

superguy

I dont trade over the net a lot, so I mostly trade with my friends. For us it doesn't matter if the card is white or black bordered. Sure there's the coolness factor, but we even play with battle royale cards- who cares that they are white bordered?

A

arhar

I like White-Boarded cards.

I like Sixth Edition.

So shoot me =)

F

FoundationOfRancor

I like black bordered better.

White is *ok*

I like 6th edition.

D

Django

Seems BB cards is for spoiled kids that want to show other people how rich they are. Coolness.. rite.
A card doesn't get better because of the color of its border.. the card text is what counts.

This is all my humble opinion, of course. I may be a bit bitter cause we have one of those spoiled, disgusting kids here in my town. He's always bragging about all the expensive cards he's got, and we hate him.

I'm poor. Pity me.

E

Elrond

I like black bordered cards more than white ones because I believe that the artwork looks better with the darker borders. Plus black's my favorite color.

R

rakso

Seems BB cards is for spoiled kids that want to show other people how rich they are. Coolness.. rite.
A card doesn't get better because of the color of its border.. the card text is what counts.
Black-bordered commons and more obscure cards from old sets aren't easy to look for, and especially for spoiled kids who don't know where to look.

I like black borders simply because I've been playing for so long I had almost everything in Fifth and Sixth Edition from the original expansions, so why bother with the reprints? Besides, the older art has its own appeal, and Fallen Empires with three to four sets of art per common was really fun to collect.

C

Cerberus

I like Black bordered alot more than white but when it comes down to it I will play either because there are much more importand things in my mind

N

Namielus

Easy, purple!!!

Ahh the boarder of the cards really doesn't matter much unless your gonna eat them, with a nice glass of oj [me]reaches into the frige and grabs a nice cold one[/me], ahh yea thats the good stuff.

Black is better. (thats bassed on the fact that I play black 10x more than white)

T

Thrash Golem

i don't know why, but a lot of people create polls just to get a lot of people to answer it, dont care about the results.

D

dw51688

It don't matter Magic is a great game and always will be regardless of the border.