Which is Better: Coke or Pepsi?

Killer Joe

Nope, I took that a couple weeks ago for a weightloss message board I belong to.

I started out at 235 in August of '06, then my lowest weight was 168 in October of '07.

Today I weight 179 but I lift four days a week and seriously monitor my daily Calorie intake (currently 3,366) along with my Fat, Carb and Protein gram intake.

T

train

So... for KJ - Coke Zero, Diet Coke, or Diet Pepsi? (if you had to have one, of course...)

D

DarthFerret

For me, out of the choices given, Pepsi. However, I actually prefer Mexican Coke (yes there is a huge huge difference)

D

DarthFerret

Basically what Train said. They use a different Recipie in Mexico and I personally think it has a much better taste. Pretty much the only place to get it is in the small Taquerias around here (also some of the best authentic Mexican food you can find)

T

train

NY Times did an article last October... searching for "mexican coke" yields their article and the following:

The mexican coke uses real cane sugar, instead of the high fructose corn syrup used here in the states...

I do know also that the "glass bottle" seems to assist in it tasting differently... At least that's my opinion...

E

EricBess

If I had to guess, they manufacture it in Mexico to avoid import taxes. Did the article say, train?

Mexican Sprite is hugely different, too.

T

train

Well - it is a coke plant, and they are just using a variation of the formula... in the states:

"The company gave in to protests and returned to a variation of the old formula, with high-fructose replacing cane sugar, under the name Coca-Cola Classic on July 10, 1985..." (from wiki...)

But they didn't do so everywhere... So the bottlers in the states don't do the cane sugar method, though they could (and from time to time, you see a throwback can come around for a period)... and bottlers in other countries may do so on a more frequent or standard basis...

As for avoiding the import taxes - the US knows it is coming over - whether it is all being taxed, probably... as for the sales of it, it definitely caters to the soon-to-be majority of the hispanic/latino/mexican population...

I can drink either interchangeably.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, there's an article in my Food section of the paper today about how companies are going back to sugar and replacing the high fructose syrup in some of their products...