where's everyone at?

G

Gizmo

Oversoul said:
And yet you keep coming back for more?
Except if you notice... I don't?

Spiderman said:
It's 'cause we basically have the same people around from 2002, with a handful of new ones.
Spot on, you need to recruit - decamp to other Magic boards with names like CPA_Oversoul and CPA_ZAdok, and the CPA address in your sigs and make some waves and get noticed, get people to come over not by direct advertising but by getting involved and making names for yourselves elsewhere. Time to go back to being small fish in a big pond for a while.

While you sit here in your Ivory Tower (too empty to be gaining 3 life per turn) and watch the clock the world is out there busily moving on.

E

evan d

Hey, I came here off of the end of someone's article on Star city.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gizmo said:
Spot on, you need to recruit - decamp to other Magic boards with names like CPA_Oversoul and CPA_ZAdok, and the CPA address in your sigs and make some waves and get noticed, get people to come over not by direct advertising but by getting involved and making names for yourselves elsewhere. Time to go back to being small fish in a big pond for a while.

While you sit here in your Ivory Tower (too empty to be gaining 3 life per turn) and watch the clock the world is out there busily moving on.
Yeah, we had this discussion last fall. The problem as I see it is people's priorities: for me in particular, I rarely played Magic IRL except maybe once a month with my playgroup and then the host moved, so I haven't played any at all this year. Magic isn't that high of a priority that I feel I need to get out to other websites and become immersed and "recruit" people. I wouldn't mind if others do though :)

I read magicthegathering to get a little feel for what's happening at a high overview but not the nitty-gritty details.

Killer Joe

I'm at work for an hour checking in on things but until I get a better connection at home I'll be way more off than on. :(

D

DarthFerret

I moved and can only access the internet when I take a late night at IHOP. Other than that, I am pretty much in the same boat as Spidey there. No one around me with my time schedule to play against IRL. Maybe once I get settled in and start to meet me neighbors, I will find an opponent or two. The card shops are all full of kids that are a little annoying (although I used to be one of those myself :) )

N

Notepad

Things seem kinda slow for all the sites, in my opinion. Just, being a casual site is hard because we don't get the netdecker traffic.

I did try to help out by writing another article, though. :D

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I've been busy and everyone knows why. However, things are going to get better for me soon (aside from going home in November!). One of the guys I work w/ has ordered a ton of "old school" cards and we're going to be having our own league soon. I'm hoping to get some articles out of it.

I'd post more on the Forums, but I have to use an internet centre to do it and it's always EXTREMELY busy leaving me only 30 minutes at a time to do any kind of communications...

-Ferret

"I hear that WotC likes to send free cards to deployed soldiers...perhaps I should write them..."

O

orgg

Yes, write to WotC about how ya'll'd like to have some Magic to play with over there, and how the places don't sell it, and how the locals might enjoy it and be more peaceful...

It's Iraq. Would they actually send cards just to get blown up?

Wait. Tax writeoff. They'd do it.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, I have heard stories of this actually hapening - whether they'd send it to lonely old me is another thing :)

In all honesty, it doesn't matter. the league we're holding is strictly w/ older cards and pre-sixth ed rules. It should be a hoot. I'm hoping our cards will reach us in the next few days since we'll only get a couple of months to play until we all go home...

-Ferret

"WotC decides to salute the troops w/ a new colour: beige!"

K

krichaiushii

Multiple life changes pulled me away for many moons.

Moving, new jobs, marriage, children, starting grad school, a year overseas, but mostly little to no Magic playing available that isn't standard tournaments - which is not my cup of tea.

I am considering Magic online, but have yet to look into it for fear of it eating up more of my time.

For what its worth, I am a bit more prolific (same screen name EVERYWHERE I post) on the WotC boards, and I will add CPA to my sig.