What's the stupidest thing u've ever done in magic?

T

Teferi

here's mine, happened last night

Me 10 life

4-Swamps

masticore in play

Persecute in hand

Him 6 life
nothing but lands, can't cast anything useful

i attack he's now at 2 "hehe" i though kick him while he's down, i cast persecute, the last card in my hand

D'OH

i would have won but i had to be brutal, he went on to win 5 turns later

H

Hetemti

Where to start...

Him: Counter?
Me: Nah.
Him: Go.
Me: (Looks at hand...sees Mana Leak...)
-=-
Me: (Looks at hand) I'll keep. (Plays Mountain)
Him: (Doesn't matter)
Me: (Over five more turns) Plains. Go. Go. Discard, Go. Discard, Go. (Retires)
-=-
Today's Feature!
Him: Attack with Pumped Aramilloed Kavu 8/8 thigie and Force of Nature.
Me: (Looks at the Pacifisim I didn't cast last turn) I'll Bone Mask the FoN damage...
Me: ...
Me: Dammit...I Fold.

N

NeuroDeus

Well the most stupidest things are :

1. Shot my opponent... (jokin) and

2. Didn't Backlash my opponent's Rith and thus not winning that game and qualifying for the knockouts, in the Planeshift Pre-Release.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I controlled a Ghitu Slinger, whose echo payment was due, and a Thran Quarry, in addition to a bunch of other lands that couldn't produce R. The Slinger was my only creature. I had about 7 lands. But I didn't pay the echo, because I thought I couldn't. It died, and thus my Thran Quarry died too.

Most of my stupid plays have consisted of missing upkeep payments, so this is the worst one that comes to mind.

E

Elrond

My opponent had out one of the enchantments which turned all lands into 2/2 creatures and a Zuran Orb. I was playing a cheap burn deck with Goblin Bombardment and some creatures out, and had been burning him pretty badly, he's at 10 due to some life gain. I try to finish him off by sacing all my lands to a Fireblast and then the rest to the bombardment, he sacs a couple of land to the Orb to avoid death. On his turn he Reins of Powers, I don't sac all of his stuff to the bombardment and die the turn after that.

Killer Joe

I have a new story to tell, it just happened today, in fact. Doug, my trusted friend who refuses to play an exact copy of a net deck therefore taking claim that it's his own creation, was playing, are ya ready for this? Dark Skies!
Anyhoo Sparky, he has all fliers and I slap down, with some pride and force I might add, a Teferi's Moat naming BLUE!...............DOH!

Z

Zadok001

Me: I Addle you. Any responses?
Opponent: No.
Me: Ok, I name blue.
Opponent: Dave? I switched decks.
Me: Oh. Well, I'll be damned!

Me (playing Full English Breakfast): I play a Shapeshifter that looks like a Tradewind Rider!
Opponent: Ok. I'll play a Vile Consumption.
Me: Force of Will that!
Opponent: I activate Thrashing Wumpus for one.
Me: Ok.
Opponent: Your Shapeshifter is dead.
Me: No it's not... It's 1/4, remember?
Opponent: Nice Force of Will, there. Right on top of your graveyard.
Me: Well, I'll be damned!

Me: Wow! This is a great hand!
Opponent: Land, go.
Me: Wow! This is wonderful! I'm gonna win! Oh, wait a second... Umm... Go?
Opponent: You didn't play a land.
Me: Yeah, I just realized that.
Opponent: You suck at Magic, don't you?
Me: Well, I'll be damned!

A

Apollo

This has been done two or three times before (it probably is in the Classic forum). Oh, and I've mentally blocked all mistakes from my mind. As far as I know, I'm a perfect player.

D

Duel

Yeah, you REALLY need to learn how to play that deck, Dave.

Anyways, my stupidest moment is:

1: Pre-errata on spellbook.

Me: Ah! Cool hand! Ritual, necropotence, spellbook.
Namielus: Hahahaha!
Me: What?
Namielus: You aren't planning on winning, I take it?

D

DÛke

...you most likely will NOT win, not because you lose, but because I commit suicide.

Whenever I begin to lose, and I'm talking like droping down to 3-6 life while the opponent is at 20+, and I feel that I have no chance, all I do is tap all my lands, creating the wonderful mana burn that burns me, which feels good. Yes, the opponent does win, but not with honor. I do lose, but not with honor. No honor whatsoever. Nope. So, "burning" myself is probably the stupidest. Most of those people WILL NOT play with me anymore unless I take an "oath" swearing that I will NOT commit suicide. I rarely "oath"; only when I'm desperate for a game...which is rare.

H

Hetemti

My friend and I decided that if we were matched in a final, we'd manaburn ourselves at the end and split the prize. :p

D

Darsh

I played a Black Suicide deck in multiplayer...but I did have Wall of Souls(Pretty much the only reason I survived)

And I'm with Duke, I will always kill myself before I lose.

D

DÛke

...to see people who are as suicidal as I am...I think. :)

One thing that's strange, when I mentioned this to the people at MTGnews, I got a much different reply. I could almost assure you that you people are NOTHING like the people at MTGnews. Nothing alike. Nothing. Even the members who've came here FROM MTGnews have changed to become "CPAers"! This place is very influential.

D

Duel

Yep. This place grows on you..... kinda like fungus....

Actually, I agree. The funny thing is, that manaburning yourself to death is associated with ID's more than it is associated with scooping. Don't know why.....

I DID Demonic consult looking for the flesh reaver I had removed from the deck......

F

fuzzy510

Probably not playing a Skyshroud Claim because I wanted to play Fastbond that turn even though I had no lands in hand.

E

Elrond

Here's one from my last play session:

Opponent playing a 5 color sliver deck with 2 muscles, 2 wingeds, and some others in play.
Me playing red burn with 2 shocks, 2 bolts, and an incinerate in hand with enough to cast all of them in one turn.

He attacks with the muscles, wingeds and a horned. Stupid me ignores the muscles and focuses the burn on the others, if I had only killed the muscles first I could have wiped all of his creatures out.

C

Chaos Turtle

I know I've mentioned the time I got a game loss in a tournament for absentlmindedly shuffling my hand into mt library, with Gaea's Blessing.

But did I ever tell you about the time I Disenchanted my opponent's Sarcomancy?

Just wondering...