What was your very first foil?

I

Istanbul

Oh,and my first foil would be the pre-release Lightning Dragon I traded for.

Mmmmm....Lightning Dragon...

F

fuzzy510

Splinter, in my first Urza's Destiny (I think...) booster. I opened like 20 Nemesis boosters and got 0 foils. :( :(

S

SwingMage

Talking about foils. . .i always get jipped when me and my friend split a box.

Just the other day, we split a box of invasion.
Me: 1 foil, honorable scout
Him: 5 assorted foil commons/uncommons, foil meteor crater

Oh well

E

ErinPuff

My brother and I split a box of Planeshift, and I got two foils, an Alpha Kavu and a Pygmy Kavu (and I don't even play Kavu stuff).. my brother hasn't opened all his packs yet, but his foils so far are Cloud Cover and Disciple of Kangee, both of which he'll probably find use for, and he'll probably open more in the rest of his packs. Grr.

But when we split a box of Invasion when it first came out, I think I got more foils.

T

terzarima

Shiny Cards? I won a contest from wizards (Speaking of contest when will the new one come out, first it said feb 9, then 12, and now is says "coming soon") And got, a foil promo balduvain horde!! But if we're not talking about winning, but getting, I have a shiny Copper-leaf angel, which was my first.

Who ho I know have 6 foils!!! How many does everyone else have?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

um, my first foil, it was either a masques mountain, or a invoilability, but my favorite foil to date is my foil serra avatar, god i love that card

H

Hetemti

I have a Serra Avatar...just can't find the right deck to use it in...every time I try white I find red cards trying to sneak in...

Isty: You want those Brinks? PM me, or start a thread /w haves in Trading.

E

ErinPuff

I have about 20 foils, only one of which is rare (Saprazzan Heir, oh boy).. lots of commons, several uncommons, a couple lands..

E

ErinPuff

*goes :p at Hetemti* ;)

My friends all have multiple foil rares too, and they don't buy as many cards as I do.. I guess I'm just cursed.

F

fuzzy510

Originally posted by Hetemti
Guess I'm blessed...about half the foils I pull are rares. :)
Note: Hetemti has only gotten 2 foils in his life.

H

Hetemti

I've pulled:
13 commons/land
Island
Forest
Mountian
Blastoderm
Swamp
Expendable Troops
Ghitu Slinger
Latulla's Orders
Marker Beetles
Mine Bearer
Scent of Brine
Slimy Kavu
Withdraw

5 Uncommons
Barbed Field
Sunken Field
Urborg Volcano
Viashino Cutthroat
Addle

9 Rares
Ancient Silverback
Weatherseed Treefolk
Karmic Guide
Elvish Piper
Captain Sissay
Dueling Grounds
Brink of Madness*2

...so I'm batting .333 (9/27). Still, not too bad. This, of course, doesn't inclue PreRelease, Beatdown, Promo, or give foils. (My friend hates them and gives them to me. :))

A

arhar

My first foil was *drum roll* Quicksilver Amulet! As you could guess, Legacy just came out, so then the girlfriend of the owner of the store offered me $40 store credit for it :) But then the owner of the store himself came in and said "No way!" So instead, he gave me a choice of some rares. I chose: (I was just getting into Magic) 4 Multani, 4 Weatherseed Treefolk, and 4 Might of Oaks :D

L

lilpinhead

Tin. hehe..just kidding...it was actually a foil land...a plains i think. after that i got a foil daze. mmm...daze...lol. now i got tons of em..ifires of yavimaya,darigaazs attendant, insolence, forsaken city, sparkcaster, mirrorwood treefollk, damned near every kavu, silent assasin, juntu stakes, bribery...tons...hehe

B

Baron Sengir

My first foil was a deranged hermit. I wish to god I hadn't traded that card away now.

I remain
The Baron
Even though I got a lot of cool stuff for it ...

C

Child of Gaea

My first foil was a Radiant Archangel that my wife picked up for me out of a pack somewhere. Ever since I have had better luck having her pick out my cards. I now have 53 foils including a Foil Utopia Tree, Avatar of Might, Second Chance, Dominarias Judgement, Meddling Mage, Chimeric Idol, Seal of Fire, Spore Frog, and last and certainly least, a very special Foil Security Detail.........

E

ErinPuff

My friend and I went to the mall the other day and spent all our money on cards.. out of maybe 15 boosters each, she opened four foils (Glittering Lion, Blessed Wind, Mountain, and some black common) and I opened none. She traded me the Lion, though.. how nice. I got a bunch of 7th last week and got four foils, but three were lands.. (the other was a Steal Artifact) I think I'm cursed. :p