What was your very first foil?

E

ErinPuff

Mine was an Involiability. I had sort of taken a break from Magic for most of Urza block, and in one of my first packs of Masques, what do I see but this really cool-looking, shiny card. It now has a happy home in my white weenie/Limited Resources deck.

C

Chaos Turtle

I think it was Unearth, opened at the Urza's Legacy Prerelease.

My friend who was with me got a Radiant Archangel foil. He got up right after drafting was finished, ran about a hundred yards to the shop I was in to show it to me, then went and got it signed and dated by the artist, who just happened to be at that tournament. Then he ran back so he could scrub out of the draft.

L

Lotus Mox

My first foil was a Revered Elder, I opened in my first Masques pack, my first non-5E,6E pack BTW.(yeah I'm a newbie :eek:)

My second one was an AEther Barrier, a foil rare, I remember how happy I was until I realised that it completely sucked.

H

Hetemti

The first day I bought a booster (I already had a few 6th, but 6th is impotent and doesn't count as a "booster") I got a Legacy pack with a foil Brink of Madness.

Now I have two.

...but Brink of Madness sucks. :(

H

Hawaiian mage

My first foil was a crop rotation. Oh boy... I was still a newbie at the time. I thought I had made like $50 or something becuase I had heard of foils but never gotten any of the 30 some pacs I got.

I'll just leave the rest up to your imagenation.
[Insert THIS smily here]

-Hawaiian "let's not ever talk about it again" mage

B

Baskil

Pygmy Pyrosaur. I think it's still in the hard case that I had it in :)

C

cbearsbro

How wude. Mine was a Swamp! and then ANOTHER Swamp.... :p Took me a while to figure out the "foils" were the shiny ones with the stary thing at the bottom. Think my only really cool one is my Armored Guardian. Just got a Kavu Agressor the other day.

Z

Zadok001

Purify. MAN, that thing was pretty... :) I bought two packs, and the second opened a Purify foil. I then proceeded to return and buy two more, for good measure, of course!

M

Mundungu

yep, you read right.

At a small tournament, ages ago, there were boosters to be won.

A kid pulled out a deranged hermit (foil).
At the time (Lagacy was just out) nobody knew how cool the hermit would be, and nobody was fond of foils.
So I traded it for 2 regular rares ...

The only time I ever traded FOR a foil, but it was worth it.

I traded it away only last fall .... for some sweet dual lands ...

A

Almindhra

I went to the Legacy PreRelease and got Multani, not foiled, just the regular card...And I was showing my bf and saying "Wow, this is a great card"...A few days later, back at home, we went to go buy some packs...The first one we opened had a foiled Multani...I just about pooped the pants...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mine would be the first foil included in the Duelist or TopDeck, whatever that is.

Don't buy packs much... ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My first foil was the Promo Legacy card Beast of Burden. But, for non-promo cards, at the pre-release for Legacy, which gave out the Beast of Burden Promos, I got a foil rancor & simian grunts in my legacy packs. I guess you can see that I played green.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

Darsh

Well, I don't remember my first foil but I do remember my first rare foil a Belbe's Portal...I now have 5 FREAKIN BELBE'S PORTALS!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

My first foil was either Might of Oaks, prerelease False Prophet, or Weatherseed Faeries. I have no idea which one.

S

Sidar Jabari

Mine was something Legacyish, um... I think the green pro black elves with cycling. I can't remember what they're called but I do remeber that I traded them away immediately..... you see I don't actually like foils!

Sorry to fly in the face of popular opinion but foils suck because they bend. Seriously, just leave them on the side and they will bend up at the corners. The newer ones have a thinner shiny layer which seems to bend less but it's still damn annoying.

C

Cerulean

Karmic Guide !

Very pretty it was too. Well, is. I actually kept that one.

'Sides, it's not such a shoddy cip ability to abuse. Heh.