What the hitchcock, I might as well do this: Animal Magnetism

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I'm sure most of you will ignore this. Oh well.

J

Jigglypuff

How about using it to get creatures into the graveyard and then Living Death?

(- Steve -)

Z

Zadok001

It's useless on SO many levels. :-\ I tried to figure it out for Alongi, obviously, but it's just no good. I mean, NOTHING makes that card good.

I

Istanbul

Actually, I figured out something fun...

But I'm keeping it to myself for now. :)

J

Jigglypuff

I also made a deck for Alongi's contest. It probably won't win, but it might be mentioned in his article.

(- Steve -)

I

Istanbul

My deck is unusual. It's three colors, and Standard-legal...and it should never strand you.

J

Jigglypuff

My deck is also unusual. I bet my deck is more unusual than your deck! :p :p

(- Steve -)

Z

Zadok001

Curse you, and your creative minds.

I'll just go back in my "Thinkin' Box" now...

T

train

Everybody's talking about a deck and hasn't given any real ideas yet... funny, how open we are most of the time and closed when it involves secret decks!!!:rolleyes:

J

Jigglypuff

I'm only being tight-lipped on the subject because I want to be. I shared the mana-less deck with you guys. What more do you want? I'm not exactly an open book.

(- Steve- )

T

train

If there's an open book near me it needs to be the teachings of the Kama Sutra!!!...

Got Coat?!!... and Honey Powder!!!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

What a great exercise this deck has been...

I really don't care if someone takes this and wins, we'll all know better here (besides it isn't that good of an idea)...
I was thinking about Animal Magnetism in an all sorcery deck with Magnivore.

M

Mikeymike

SPOILER, IF YOU DON'T WANT IDEAS DON'T READ

Well, I absolutely loved the card when I thought it was an enchantment. But when I realized it was a sorcery it made things much more diffucult.

It works nicely with both threshold and flashback. 1st card that pops into my head is Grizzly Fate (with maybe a Mirari's Wake?), as well as fatty threshold guys like Mystic Enforcer.

It probably wants to be in a creature lite deck as well (or at least extremely creature efficient), since you don't want to flip both a Silvos and a BoP over simultaneously. Stay away from the midgets.

You can set up your A-Mag with Worldy Tutor, Scroll Rack, Soothsaying, and Sylvan Library. Soldevi Digger, Anarcist (who I wouldn't recommend because he's wimpy), and the Re's (Relearn, Revive, Regrowth, Restock) can get back the actual card.

Mirari can speed things up, but its expensive.
Gaea's Blessing can recycle your GY.
Serra Avatar could be a good creature to run, since it goes back into your library when it dies.
Reya could be nice if you go creature heavy(er) and have something like Victimize, Recurring Nightmare, or Doomed Apprentice to better manipulate you GY.
Any of the Vores (minus Canti) could be very strong.

Hope I gave you some ideas.

J

Jigglypuff

My deck used Anarchist as a focal point. I took an extremely different route than Mikeymike suggested. But I won't say anything about it for now. I'm so mysterious.

(- Steve -)

T

train

You'r enot too mysterious puff... we know about the plush... I'm just worried you'll get hauled away by a Creepy Old Man!!!...:p

I

Istanbul

A direct quote:

Name: (withheld to keep up my mystique; you'll know it if you see it!)
Deck Name: No Right Answers

Cardlist
----------------------
Maindeck:
4x I read Anthony's rules (and it's a good thing, too!)
4x Burning Wish
3x Starstorm
3x Explosive Vegetation
3x Diligent Farmhand
4x Moment's Peace
2x Living Wish
-
3x Animal Magnetism
3x Anarchist
3x Zombify
1x Crimson Hellkite
1x Shivan Dragon
1x Butcher Orgg
1x Vampiric Dragon
2x Hypnox
1x Silvos, Rogue Elemental
1x Krosan Groundshaker
1x Symbiotic Wurm
10x Forest
8x Mountain
3x Swamp
3x Grand Coliseum

Sideboard:
1x Anarchist
1x Animal Magnetism
1x Balthor the Defiled
1x Creeping Mold
1x Earthquake
1x Firecat Blitz
1x Hurricane
1x Infest
1x Living Wish
1x Simplify
1x Slice and Dice
1x Stitch Together
1x Swamp
1x Tranquility
1x Zombify

Explanation:
This deck is designed to arrange it so that:
- Animal Magnetism would be a centerpiece of the deck...this isn't simply a deck that happens to have Animal Magnetism in it.
- Your opponent has a decent chance of hitting a powerful creature when you cast Animal Magnetism.
- Problems can be solved with a quick silver bullet.
- If a good creature ends up in the graveyard, it can still come back with Zombify or Balthor.
- Its sideboard silver bullets handle problems, from land swarms (Earthquake/Infest) to problem noncreature permanents (Creeping Mold) to enchantment decks (Tranquility) and more.
- It can hurry up and survive long enough to go off, with landfetchers (Farmhand/Vegetation) and defense (Starstorm/Peace).
- You could hard-cast any creature in the deck if you had to.

Downsides include the fact that it's a little unstable (what do you expect with Animal Magnetism?), relies on individual huge critters, and other players might see you as a threat. Upsides include the fact that you can challenge your buddies to a game of Standard-legal chaos multiplayer with this deck, then clean house; yes, EVERY card in this deck is Standard-legal as of Nov. 1st.

T

train

Nice Idea - the Black was something I had not considered... nice application of it's abilities...

4x I read Anthony's rules (and it's a good thing, too!)
These are essential to the deck... without them it would just be a stack of cards with the words "Magic:The Gathering" on it's back, scores of illustrated art commissioned to starving artists, and paragraphs of rules and flavor text added by some design group...

Go Figure!..:p

J

Jigglypuff

That's pretty clever. Here was my deck:

4x I read Anthony's rules
4x Animal Magnetism
4x Anarchist
4x Intruder Alarm
4x Mortuary
4x Nature's Revolt
4x Pandemonium
4x Claws of Gix
4x Reclaim
4x Replenish
4x Savannah
4x Krosan Verge
8x Plains
8x Forest

The deck first uses Animal Magnetism to flush the Intruder Alarm, Mortuary, Pandemonium, and Nature's Revolt into the graveyard then Replenish them into play. From there, you use Animal Magnetism to get an Anarchist into play. It deals two damage through Pandemonium and it untaps your land-creatures and it recovers your Animal Magnetism. Sac it to the Claws, gain a life and Mortuary puts it back on top. Lather, rinse, repeat. As long as no one has counters, you're money.

I know, it is such a bad deck. But it could be clever enough to win.

(- Steve -)

T

train

I know, it is such a bad deck. But it could be clever enough to win.
Well... Pokemon were never supposed to play Magic...

;)

Actually The idea is extremely original in that Replenish works extremely nice with it... You could even go infinite squirrels if you like...:eek: