What I strongly dislike...

D

DÛke

...yes, after being here for so long, I finally found something I strongly dislike...

Strongly...
Very strongly...

Now, it might not be a problem for many of you, but I think it's a problem, for me, atleast, and, I see that it's taken it's own way, and becoming extended...

That's not what I want...
Not that you care:)...

The problem is, I dislike when people RE-register as "someone" and claim to be "someone" else. I dislike it.
It was first played on me, but "someone", I still don't know, and now, it's being played, but taken less seriously, by another "someone"...So far we have had two cases like that: the Maro-Multani, and the Mr.H...

I know it doesn't seem like a problem or anything, but think about it, if that "someone" keeps RE-registering as "someone", it would for sure, eventually, make more people mad; NOT that it hasn't made anyone mad yet(HINT!, HINT!).

I don't know what should be done about this "joke", but I DO know that if it keeps going, it would be come a "problem" rather than a "joke".

Maybe there's a way to limit how many times a person can register, is there?
OR, if we want to be more mature, we could just, please, for the CPA's sake, stop RE-registering as "someone". It doesn't make many angery, but it has made me angery, it made a couple of others anger, and I apologize, but, there must be an end put. There must be a line drawn.

So the least we could do, is, please, STOP doing the "joke" over and over again, it's not funny anymore, and it wasn't funny for me in the first place...

Either there's away to limit registeration, or, that "someone", whoever it is, should stop, just because it is time to stop, NOT because I told them to...

I don't want to see anymore "someone" that are not that "someone" but they're just playing a "harmless joke"...
If it was harmless, it wouldn't have made whatever it has made...

There...DON'T take misunderstand me, BUT YOU, whoever YOU are, should stop, please...You don't have to reveal your "true" identity, but stop making "new" ones. Thanks...

There, again:)...
Yep, all is said...
I think...

N

Namielus

Yea this mister H will have to be dealt with lethal force, or ed could you send us his IP?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
originated by TheGuyFromAnotherPost... :rolleyes:

Well, I gotta agree with you DUke, re-registering is pretty annoying. However, it's more how people DEAL with the alter-ego than the actual re-registering. If they come on a flame the whole board, then ALL the aliases should be banned.

In other words, the actual act is not that bad in of itself.

However, personally, I think the Maro-Multani thing got out of hand because Multani couldn't quite take the joke, which I thought it was. I haven't got the Mr.H thing you're talking about.

G

Gizmo

Not sure it`s so bad per se - I have an alias whihc I use (infrequently) when I want to comment on something but think they won`t appreciate Gizmo`s input too much, or it`s something I`m not sure I would want to be attributed to Gizmo (like all my best 'casual' ideas go through the alias).

I agree with Spidey, it`s a potential for problems only if they misuse it.

C

CosaNostra

I'm three different people. You'll never guess who...

Each has a unique purpose and "mood". They are there mearly as alter-egos, not as some kind of joke.

D

dw51688

I am one other person. THat person is a person who is not inactive, but I use to express my more passionate side. dw51688 is my regular opinion poster. The other one, is my split personality.

D

DÛke

But seriously, I really hate it.
And me and "guy" weren't trying to "be someone", but it was still me, trying to "proove" something not "be someone",
Maro-Multani, somehow, got confused has ME! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

Multani thinks he's the one who should be mad, but really, he has nothing to worry about but I, I, someone tried to be ME, and that's not fair...BECAUSE if you can't be yourself, than you can't be anyone...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
By trying to prove something, "Guy" was in fact trying to be someone else (since you didn't claim you were "DUke" right off the bat and didn't have his same mannerisms).

It comes down to what you said; re-registering, plain and simple. And I reiterate it depends on how someone uses that other self, rather than the simple act of re-registering.

D

dw51688

Nope, but we are such good friends that we can figure out each others passwords because we know the things that we might put down

G

galtwish

I'm so many people in real life, I have to be one lone light on the CPA. Reregistering is an issue, but remember: The internet is one big roleplaying game for most of us. We are what we want to be, and we progress how we want to. Reality rarely comes crashing down on us. SOme people like to be in more than one campaign at a time. If they suck in one, you can easily ignore them-it's just a game.

Erik

M

Multani

Galtwish is right.
We are totally different people on the internet.
Spidy: You're right. I can't take a joke.
I'm sooo literal. I didn't see the issue as a joke. I thought it was a luny woman ACTUALLY out to get me... :D

R

rakso

I can understand how it can be annoying for people who post regularly, but I think there's nothing morally or legally wrong with playing split personality.

Mainly, since I handle a message board myself, I find it a problem only when a person starts talking to himself and clogs up a board by his lonesome.

Otherwise, well, it can get cute guessing who's really who. :)

N

Namielus

Really? My voices tend not to answer by name, I just give them a name to fit there mood like shamasher. He seems to like to hurt people. But don't worry another voice seems to hide the bodies reall really well, he is really smart. In fact I don't think that anyone has found the bodies of them yet.

And don't worry I didn't kill Zadok and I am pretending to be him.

Cause then I wouldn't tell you I'm not.

C

Cateran Emperor

By my last count, I'm 7 different people here. Only 3 of them have ever posted however. The rest of them I just tested out things then forgot about them. ;)

T

Thrash Golem

i have 2, yeah 2 internet aliases

Thrash Golem, and thrash_golem

now don't get all confused and stuff.. it may outrage you, but you have to put up with things like that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Multani: Or MAN.... :D

rakso: You have a problem when someone starts talking to himself... oh boy... that's actually kinda funny reading it, but I could see how annoying it could get from an admin point of view :)