What does 2007 got that...

E

EricBess

I've heard a lot of people saying the Spiderman movies are awesome. I find them acceptable. Not the best movies ever, but not bad at all.

Fantastic Four was "fun", but it was way too corney for me to take it seriously.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, no one's saying they're the best movies ever. I'm trying to say they're the best Marvel movies made (which Mooseman is differing) :)

N

Nightstalkers

To follow along with the off topic discussion:

The "Fantastic Four" (2005) movie depicts almost every character entirely differently than how they were represented in the comic book series. While Dr. Doom may have flung lightning bolts, he was a sorcerer who commanded magic. He was a vain character who put on his doom mask before it had even cooled down just to hide a slight scar on his face. The character depicted in the film is simply a homocidal maniac who was a biproduct of the Fantastic Four's transformation.

On another note you may look into how ridiculous the "Hulk" (2003) movie was. He fought a giant poodle.

B

BigBlue

I never really read that many comics... I bought a few - mostly "The Mighty Thor"... I find most of the comic book movies entertaining - probably because I am not a devout comic book fan... including the X-Men stuff... I liked Elektra, and not just because of Jennifer Garner - more because of Stick. Anyone remember the Dr Strange movie? The Hulk was the worst in my view... As a kid, I really liked Dr Doom and the Fantastic Four. I thought the movie was good.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Nightstalkers said:
To follow along with the off topic discussion:

The "Fantastic Four" (2005) movie depicts almost every character entirely differently than how they were represented in the comic book series. While Dr. Doom may have flung lightning bolts, he was a sorcerer who commanded magic. He was a vain character who put on his doom mask before it had even cooled down just to hide a slight scar on his face. The character depicted in the film is simply a homocidal maniac who was a biproduct of the Fantastic Four's transformation.

On another note you may look into how ridiculous the "Hulk" (2003) movie was. He fought a giant poodle.
Actually the Fantastic Four movie is supposedly based upon the Marvel "Ultimate" Universe which is different than the normal Marvel Universe. And the FF movie is pretty close to the Ultimate Fantastic Four. Though I much prefer Dr. Doom in the non ultimate continuity, such an amazing villain. The Hulk movie I found simply boring, the only movie to date I've actually fallen asleep watching. Ghost Rider was a terrible movie, though amusing and a pretty good throwback to his original comics with terrible dialogue.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
Anyone remember the Dr Strange movie?
NO. When was this made? Who was in it.

I'm a big fan of Marvel comics up until about the 17th Spiderman title (1990ish)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I DO agree that they were putting too many Spiderman titles out. Just like the X-Men and all of those Avenger splinter groups.

B

BigBlue

The only reference I found (for Dr Strange) was to a TV movie from '78...

I don't remember it being on TV, perhaps I rented it? Or I'm confusing it with something else...

Supposedly, they are making a straight to Video remake of the '78 show... (check imdb)