What do you have on the sidelines...

D

Duel

bo-ring! Get yourself a bunny rabbit, man. Sure, they nibble the cards, but they're so darn cute....

C

Crackdown

No game of Magic is complete without a large mocha/espresso from Starbucks or Caribou or Mirkwood. It usually sits nearby ... but not too close.

Mancala stones are my tokens, it's just really tough to know which of those saprolings are tapped and which aren't.

Killer Joe

Nope, nothing special, just paper,.......and, and maybe a pen, that's it, that's all I need,.....and maybe something to drink, but that's usually all I want or need,...........and some chips, b-b-q'd, an that's all,.............well, maybe some clothes too,..........

D

Duel

I have recently taken to playing magic without using boundries. I find it useful to place spidersilk armor as far away from your opponent's line of sight as possible, so they throw their rith into my hunted wumpus....

H

Hetemti

Be glad you don't play me. I've taken to playing Magic with steel-toed boots and brass knuckles.

H

Hetemti

I make too many mistakes with the cards right infront of me, moreless when others adopt...creative...layouts.

D

Duel

"Adopting creative layouts"
I like it.
Remind me to use it some time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I use a figure counter thingy for life and beads for tokens (which used to be my life).

I have the counters from the Fallen Empires Duelist but never got around to punching them out and using them.

M

Mundungu

For life totals I use an over sized 20 sided dice in Fire colors (red with slashe of yellow) looks like done of hardening lava ..

Near to it is the deck box (my fav. decks are in those ultra pro magic deck boxes, one with the artifact theme (jester's cap) and one with the black theme (commander Greven Il Vec)

Have a set of 12 sided dices of each color for counters (most stable and readable of dices after the D6), plenty of glass beads for tokens regular d20 for the people never having a life counter, and a variable collection of ugly dices left over by other players ... ( I am usually from the last ones to leave the place) (yes I try to give them back to their owner ...)
The whole is placed into a leather pouch that closes with a zipper (used to contain the apparatus that measures light when you do professional photography) That pouch follows me since my early RPG days in the mid 80s (more that 15 years now !!!)

To complete the whole I just digged out a set of 8 led goblin figures that I had painted (15 years ago) in the effort of making a chess set (good vs evil)

I am going to build a goblin deck just for the joy of playing them ...

Also present : my box of anthologies I used to put my other decks into.

No food.
No drinks.

Looking for a mat.

S

Sammy Dead-O

I like to use cards from other games for tokens. There are some Star Wars CCG cards featuring the creatures from that holographic chess-type game they play on the Millenium Falcon. Those make good goblins, as do fire-type Pokemon. Weedles for saprolings, Ekanses for snakes, Mankeys for monkeys, Parases for insects, Rattatas for squirrels...

I guess I like using Pokemon cards for tokens. It can really P.O. the hardcore anti-Pokemon mages...