What card makes you cry

O

Ophidian

Actually, I thought cornered market was good. I used it in an Eye of Singularity/Legend deck. The deck sucked, but it was fun to play.

I do want to say something about masticore, though. I really don't see the need for this card. Most of the games I play end up in a 'lock', and if I have to discard each turn for a creature that is only slightly helpful, I lose. But I do appreciate WotC making a card that I could get anything for. One guy offered me a mint beta lotus for five, too bad I only had four at the time. And what about flowstone overseer? I believe that is a very good card. Some say this is the next masticore. Don't say that, because the last masticore sucked.

I know I am going to hear a lot of chiding about what I said, but that is my opinion.

"This should be interesting.."

C

Cheewok22

I hate getting Rage of Fury, I've got them in just about all my pack buyings, I have about 10-15 of them. Pale Moon is probably the worst rare that I had the pleasure of getting in a pack (does any one want it... didn't think so)

S

Spaceman Spiff

for me its....sigh....licenthrope (is that how you spell it?)
oh and whirling catapult...

Spaceman Spiff, The one thats not from Calvin And Hobbes

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I got these two packs for Christmas 2k1.

Odyssey- Mudhole
Prophecy- Forgotten Harvest

Moral: You get what you pay for.

Actually, I did get a Scoria Cat, Noxious Field, Buried Alive, a Testament of Faith, and a Puppeteer, so it ain't all bad.

N

NorrYtt

I cracked Amulet of Quoz in Ice Age and it sat it's craptacular self in my binder for 6 years until this summer when I found someone that collects ante cards.

Amulet of Quoz is absolute garbage! It's 6 mana! It's an artifact! You can't Tinker away a 6 mana artifact like you could with Delif's Cone. It doesn't attack or block! It has horrible artwork by Dan Frasier! It even has 'summoning sickness'! It's a one shot effect!

Oh yeah, it's a FREAKING ANTE CARD, so it's totally useless except in maybe 5-Color. So what if you do manage to get past all that and you activate your Quozy Amulet? The opponent can simply ante another card. But wait! What if your opponent knows he's got a Mox on top and doesn't want to ante? You still have a 50/50 chance of LOSING THE GAME after all that work.

I am certain I will never, ever see an Amulet of Quoz ever being activated (and I've fought against Sorrow's Path decks before)...

N

Notepad

Those "legends band" lands in Legends really sucked hard. So did the laces from Alpha-Revised.

As for a card that makes me want to cry: That's my foil 8E birds. Worth so much yet totally untradable/sellable. So, I'm gonna destroy that little futher mucker one of these days! :D

N

Nightstalkers

Might I suggest a firey doom for the monstrocity? Only seems fitting and all :rolleyes:

Nightstalker Habuki

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
SeFRo: Maybe you should take a "loss" and trade it as a normal, non-foil BoP. At least then you might get something for it.

N

Nightstalkers

10th anneversary BoP'er with that special new foiling that takes in mind the artwork? I kinda liked foils before, but now I just love them.

I'm keeping a Luxodon Peacekeeper foil just because of how grand it looks.

Nightstalker Exterra

M

Mefta16

Most of the time i've pulled out good cards that aren't of my color and hand them to my brother. The worst rare wich i got twice was Stabilizer.

T

train

the worst rare I got hundreds of times... was thoughtlace...

actually hit 101 of them at one point...:rolleyes:

O

omarcheek

Weatherlight - Avizoa
Saga - Hidden crap
Mirage - Bazaar of Wonders

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm glad you guys necromancied this thread because I completely missed that the original post from 2000 mentions Illusions of Grandeur and Sengir Autocrat, two of my old favorites. One man's trash is another man's treasure?