What card makes you cry when it is played against you?

N

Notepad

Mine is Scavenger Folk, because I had a grandma that looked like them.

The other is Scryb Sprites, because it reminds me of when my grandma got run over by an airplane.

The only other card is Sengir Vampire, because he reminds me of my uncle, who was driving the plane.

N

Nightstalkers

Mine would be a nightstalker... I let out a little tear whenever one is played against me because I know that I'll have to either kill it for its own good, or convert it to our side once more.

Heh, and with Darksteel I'll be making lots cry with my super mana gain / (updated because of darksteel:) restart deck.

Nightstalker Habuki

I

Istanbul

Stasis.

"Hey, I know! Let's slow the pace of the game down to an AGONIZINGLY SLOW CRAWL!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mana Drain, I've never won a game in which a Mana Drain was played, then again, I hardly ever play anyone who has them...

D

DeathMaster666

Black Lotus. It just makes me want to punch my opponent and steal it.

R

Reverend Love

Underworld Dreams
Megrim

Because they're ALWAYS followed by

Memory Jar
Uzra's Guilt
etc. etc.

and it's ALWAYS the same player.

T

train

just did...

I'm catching up on all the posts I've been laxed about lately...;)

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Reverend Love
Underworld Dreams
Megrim
Because they're ALWAYS followed by
Memory Jar
Uzra's Guilt
etc. etc.
and it's ALWAYS the same player.
Hmm, reminds me of my first T1 tournament waaaaay back. The combo the guy used was Underworld Dreams, then Wheel of Fortune, then FORK!!!

Argh!

N

NorrYtt

Treachery. I almost quit Magic because that card was printed. Stealing my creatures (a 2-for-1 itself) for zero mana using the broken untap land mechanic. Luckily they printed Morphling, Palinchron, and Masticore in the same block so blue had a monopoly on the best creatures in Magic (yours included). It was a sad time for the Green Mage and his Fatties.

I quit tournament Magic until the Masques Prerelease. Now I only attend Prereleases.

I do not own any Treacheries and would promptly tear it up if one was given to me. That card should not exist as far as I'm concerned.

O

orgg

The card(s) that make me want to cry are the Power Nine and Dual Lands. I wish I could've picked 'em up WAAAY back when I got into Pog instead of Magic. D'ho.

The cards that make me smile are probably the original Orgg and Gazzy Gazzbahn. I have many fond memories of Gazzbahn Ogre in my first good deck, and I AM THE ORGG.

C

Captain Caveman

Multi-player: Armagedon or any similiar effect.

Casual one on one: Rishadan Port

Type II: Affinity

:(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
MP: can't really think of a certain one since we all play wacky decks, but three that stick out is Firecat Blitz, because the guy will usually flash it back and after attacking, sac them all to Goblin Bombardment; Visara, because by the time it comes up, everyone else used up all their removal on everything else, and that card that says if you have 20 creatures in your graveyard you win, because the guy is going to cast that other card that puts your library in your graveyard next turn (alternately Balthor the Defiled, because then everything will come back with CIP effects and it takes a LONG time to go through them.

R

Rooser

Trix, I think, is the only kill that genuinely pisses me off. There have been tourney decks that got old in their hey day - Rock and Psychatog for example - but usually I'm an easy going guy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Trix? Pretty stable, I guess, but it definitely has its weaknesses. Why is that the one that bothers you?

M

Mikeymike

Trix always bothered me as well. I feel that neither Illusions nor Donate were ever intended to work in such ways. I understand that this aspect is a large part/draw of the game of Magic, but together they are essential a 2-card kill that completely contort the rules the of the game. Waylay kind of felt the same way, like an abuse of the system.

It kind of reminds me of playing poker when someone has some random house rule that K-10-7-5-2 is the strongest possible hand...that BS isn't poker. Trix elicits a similar reaction.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Don't see how...

Yeah, Donate and Illusions weren't inteded to work that way. I call it serendipity though. Those kinds of things make the game interesting...

O

orgg

People were playing with Gauntlets of Chaos to give away the Illusions(illigally, but most people didn't read the Gauntlets) even before donate.

When Donate came, I had my 'Hava Cigar' deck built before I left the Pre Release of Desteny. Some fun.