What card makes you cry when it is played against you?

M

mythosx

ertai would be worse...yer right... and no you cant make some one brooch away thier conterspells... they have a fist full of counters which they will use first... and if the fecies hits the oscillating machine...then they use the brooch or ertai.. its just there in case of some miracle you were allowed to cast 2 spells in a single turn...some game breaking card...the Ertai would work back in the day. But now with so many cycling for effect spells like hack and slash, Ertai can just bend over, reach way back and kiss his ... good bye.

T

train

'bout time something blue was kissing something of theirs goodbye!...

M

mythosx

I used to be a bluemageaholic when I first started. Now I have eased up. At first there is something cool about saying no to everything. But in the end the person who just sits and countersspells is boring cuz he gots no imagination to do anything in a deck so he just sits their and says other people shouldnt do anything.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by mythosx
I used to be a bluemageaholic when I first started. Now I have eased up. At first there is something cool about saying no to everything. But in the end the person who just sits and countersspells is boring cuz he gots no imagination to do anything in a deck so he just sits their and says other people shouldnt do anything.

ROFLMAO! I started as a black cloaked figure, I'll die a black cloaked figure.

Black rules, you can't beat it if you don't know how its going to strike and you cannot reason with death... it comes, so get over it.

Nightstalker Habuki

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It is possible to get around it, just very difficult. I think I explained that well enough already though. Sorry if you can't see it...

Black rules though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by mythosx
But in the end the person who just sits and countersspells is boring cuz he gots no imagination to do anything in a deck so he just sits their and says other people shouldnt do anything.
Really, this is no different from allowing permanents to get into play and blowing them up via red or Disking them away or Deeding them away, in the long run...

T

train

But the control spidey mentions sounds like so much more fun...

"Damage is being dealt tonight ladies and gentlemen! PT over there left his Blue deck on the plane...":p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It probably depends on the person. One who like to blow permanents up once they're in play and one who prefers to prevent them coming into play to begin with...

T

train

Agreed...

...It does depend - but I'd rather see bounce before or after damage, and know that my creature "existed"... otherwise it has no purpose, but increasing the count in my gy...:)

M

Mikeymike

I'm adding an honorable mention to "cryers"...

Withered Wretch.

It's worse than a color hoser, it is a theme hoser, and it always takes at least 1 guy out of a big MP game. It's activation cost is way too cheap.

M

Mikeymike

I hated that card from the moment I first read it off the spoiler, but yes it did tear me a new one in a game last Weds night.

What can I say, I'm bitter :p

I

Istanbul

"Withered Wretch", he says.

No, you're thinking of Planar Void. NO activation cost, 1 mana cheaper, immune to creature removal.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Or Tormod's Crypt. Costs nothing and is immune creature removal as well. Well, it is one-use, but it also fits into any color of deck...

I

Istanbul

Planar Void keeps right on going. I suppose Tormod's Crypt is the next best thing.

Zuran Orb is also a good weeping card. For 0 mana, your opponent probably just gained a lot of life.

R

Reverend Love

Night Soil is almost as bad. I had a buddy maindeck Nightsoils just because he knew I was playing with graveyard dependant creatures...bunghole.

D

DeathMaster666

I hate it when that blue player sides in [card]Chill[/card] against my red deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Orb is one of the only good life-gain cards in the entire game. I mean really, there are so few. I find it impossible to have anything against it, given that fact...

As far as Chill, Gloom can be nastier...

T

train

choke's not as bad since blue can bounce it later...

The other colors are usually hosed when a "hose-r" is put into play for them, unless they've splashed artifacts or other colors...