What are your hopes for Odyssey?

• Thread starter Will, the Serra Avatar
  • Start date

What are your hopes for the Odyssey story cycle?

• Get rid of the Weatherlight storyline once and for all and bring in new characters and a new world.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep some of the old characters, but get rid of others and have it take place in a new world.

• Keep some of the old characters and keep Dominaria.

• Keep all the old characters that are still alive and stay in Dominaria.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Odyssey? What's Odyssey?

• Other (please explain!)

• Total voters
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I long for a storyline not based around machines, and massively powerful beings fighting for the fate of the multiverse........i hope odyssey brings a storyline like the one mirage had, that was a good storyline...and consequently they should bring back Purraj of Urborg in Odyssey(just a thought:D)

C

Cateran Emperor

I think this just has to be in the set :D

Hetemi, Ridiculously Critical Magic Player
RW
Creature - Cynical Viashino Legend; 0/10
Haste
Whhenever you play a spell or a land, Hetemi does three damage to you.
At the end of any turn, return Hetemi to owner's hand.
"How dare they change that! It's so much worse than the original! Now it sucks!" - Hetemi, about any changes that he sees.

D

Duel

You know what I'd like? I'd like to get BACK to Dominaria as it was. You know, make it chaotic again. Have goblins fighting ogres and rats and skeletons invading the scattered icatian colonies.

I want Sol'Kanar to lead the assault, and General Jarkeld, the arctic fox, to repel him skillfully! Gimme back my world of witchcraft and wizardry!

H

Hetemti

I'm no Retromancer! That, and that has nothing to do with White!

H

HumanError

Well, I guess my primary hope for Odyssey is NO MORE STORYLINE DRIVING THE SETS. Seriously, this is driving me insane. I'm sick of seeing weak quotes from characters nobody cares about anymore, and I'm sick of every card revolving around the storyline.

The storyline should have been second to the game itself, like it was way back in the day. I'd like Odyssey and Magic en masse to stop having a focus on characters and plot points, and more focus on having diverse and interesting creatures and actual SPELLS. "Mercadia's Downfall" is not a spell. "Strafe" is not a spell. "No Rest For the Wicked" is not a spell. It's driving me nuts.

I do like the Invasion block immensely but this has got to stop. Let's try actually getting some of the fantasy back in the game and less storyline.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i agree with HumanError, as long as they keep making legends for me to collect, but not like they did in invasion, c'mon that was too much, half of the legends had nothing to do with anything

C

Cateran Emperor

Well, you always said W/R was your favorite color combo.

Okay, how about this then Hetemi?

Hetemi, Loud and Angry CPA Member
R
Creature - Cynical Viashino Legend; 7/7
Whenever you play a card that has not yet been played in the current game of Magic: The Gathering, sacrifice all permanents you control or you lose 20 life.
"Why are all the new cards worse than the old ones?" - Hetemi

D

Duel

Leave off hetemti, guys. He's part right

I expect the next sets to be MORE storyline-driven. *sigh*

But I was always a pessimist.