What are your hopes for Odyssey?

• Thread starter Will, the Serra Avatar
  • Start date

What are your hopes for the Odyssey story cycle?

• Get rid of the Weatherlight storyline once and for all and bring in new characters and a new world.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep some of the old characters, but get rid of others and have it take place in a new world.

• Keep some of the old characters and keep Dominaria.

• Keep all the old characters that are still alive and stay in Dominaria.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Odyssey? What's Odyssey?

• Other (please explain!)

• Total voters
W

Will, the Serra Avatar

What are your hopes for the Odyssey storyline? I personally want to bring an end to the current storyline and bring in something new. Basically I agree with practically everyone else.

C

Cateran Emperor

Absolute clean slate. If I see one, and I mean ONE techno-Phyrexian thing, I'm gonna raise hell! :mad:

Okay, psychotic episode's over.

G

Gerode

Hopes for Odyssey? I just hope I can get my Cyclops project done...

Oops, wrong Odyssey.

Completely new characters would be good, but I think the Magic storyline should stay on Dominaria. Has the entire storyline been on Dominaria?

Z

Zadok001

Other, danke very much. I don't like the story. I don't like the IDEA of a story. I mean, why have a story at all? All it gives you is some characters to credit quotes to, and a limitation on what kinds of cards can be made. Doesn't sound like a bonus to me. Head for the days of Ice Age, when the 'story' was limited to an entire WORLD, not a specific group of characters. Heck with the plot - I'm a planeswalker, I want to summon ANYTHING, not just Karn's latest toy. Plot Bad.

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

The whole storyline except for Homelands and Arabian Nights has been on Dominaria. Homelands was on Ulgrotha, and Arabian Nights was on Rabiah.

E

ErinPuff

I think maybe it should stay on Dominiara, but if I see Gerrard one more time, I might lose it. :p I don't like how the storyline is centered only around certain people, rather than the world itself.. what I really don't like is all the Gerrard and Sisay and whoever on all the art and in all the flavor text and everywhere.. :p

And like CE said, I don't want to see any more techno-Phyrexian crap.

C

Captain Caveman

I would hope that Odyssey is a voyage, with new characters and new events. To me, the name implies going on a quest.
An every changing story line is fine with me. It opens up a _world_of possibilities. Each small expansion might or might
not have anything to do with the one before it.

Back in the day, when I played AD&D, I rather enjoyed short quest from the DM prospective and the player prespective. I
hope they give use something along the lines of a quest.

Lord Ma`son
Ruler of all upinya

oops,
I mean Caveman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My sentiments pretty much echo Gerode's: new characters, same world. If there has to be a plot anyway... like Zadok, I thought having each expansion "loosely" tie in with the overall world was enough.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'd like to see it stay in Dominaria, and I'd like to see it star SQUEE(even though he's dead)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, if not squee, MORE GOBLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

C

Cateran Emperor

What are you talking about Zadok, Ice Age was based around a set group of characters too!

That said, Ice Age was cool because it was the first part of a story, and was wrapped up in Alliances. The Weatherlight's been around now for (gets an abacus) 12 expansions now (and will end at 13 chapters!!!), and the whole crazy Urza v. the Phyrexians has been going on to at least a small degree since Antiquities. Yes, from Antiquities on nearly every set has had a Phyrexian Whatnow or Urza's Latest Jobber.

There has to be some storyline Zadok, just not a tightly knit one. There have to be some correllating aspects of the world or the game turns into mindless bleh. I have to say that with the exception of Prophecy all of the books are good reads (Ice Age cycle in particular is beyond amazing thanks to good old Jeff Grubb)

Let's go back to a cool story now!

F

fuzzy510

I don't follow the storyline much, so I don't care a lot, but I'd like to see something new, just for a little spice.

S

Salacious Crumb

i think the new storyline should center around a kowakian lizard-monkey that laughs too much and is the jester for an over-grown slug:D

Hoipa

H

Hetemti

What I want in Odessy

• Jaya Ballard.
• Teferi.
• Viashinos!
• Fewer gold cards.
• Stronger mono decks to add balance.
• A cycle of new abilities bridging all colors.
• A storyline that's present, but not all over the place.
• Illusion to the next block's storyline.
• Free cards for ME. :)

S

Salacious Crumb

Yeah, more viashinos would be cool
ALso, kobalds!!!!!:D

HOipa

T

terzarima

For some odd reason, I think that after Urza somehow blows up Phyrexia after going insane (Which if he doesn;t, I will drive him to) Dominaria will erupt in civil war....

By the way, if my theory stands (in the story line post) all "Legend" or "Legendary" things die, either in the expansion it was created in, or shortly thereafter... Squee will never die, because, well... he is Squee, he's technically died many a time, thus his card, but has never stayed dead, proving my theory relativly solid... Therfor since Gerrard is being printed, its my theory that he dies. happy? :)

W

Will, the Serra Avatar

Actually, not necessarily all legends printed die. For example, the Dragon Legends. As far as I know, Darigaaz killed himself to weaken the other Primeval Dragons, and two of them were captured. I think the other two were killed, but I'm not sure.

Also, it is likely that the Weatherlight has been repaired at this point, but I don't know how it will be used if it has.

S

superguy

An ad in Scrye has a picture of tombstone with Gerrard's card's text. So, I'm pretty sure he'll be dead. Too bad, I am one of the few people tha actually like him :(