WGB Token Commander

T

Terentius

Alright, let me try a few more...

Winding Constrictor (bad with Persist, but great with the other stuff)
Vizier of Remedies (wannabe Melira)
Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons (Persist-based loops turn into token-making engines)
Sun Titan (general value there)
Spike Weaver (fog whenever you need to)
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter (not a cheap spell to cast, but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of it)
Requiem Angel (haven't tried it myself, but I've seen others have success with this)
Most of these are on the maybeboard already:

Winding Constrictor - Have it. As you said, it messes up Persist, and might cause a combo piece to die, as its ability isn't optional.
Vizier of Remedies - Have it, and it's due to go in Combo. It can negate the Persist cost which is all I need.
Hapatra - Have this one too. Can combo for infinite creatures.
Sun Titan - Have one, awesome utility. Might find a place.
Spike Weaver - Hadn't seen this card before. Potentially useful utility.
Vish Kal - Have it. High CMC, but it can sac as an instant and combo destroy creatures, so it might find a place.
Requiem Angel - Don't have it. Combo potential, but high CMC.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Huh, I can't see your maybeboard on TappedOut. Although maybe only you can see your own maybeboard? I assumed that everyone could see any maybeboards I put on my decks, but it occurs to me that maybe they're hidden. Oh well, I suspected you'd given some thought to some of the cards I was naming anyway, but I didn't know which ones.

T

Terentius

I just haven't created the maybeboard on the site yet, but I do have a pile of cards with those in it. I'll add it when I add the land specifications.

T

Terentius

Continuing to make tweaks to Combo survive longer and combo out faster.

I will be very salty if I end up having to cut black from Beats, but I am testing a build with it. I lose 5 token generators and other sweet cards like Harsh Sustenance :(, but Rhys shifts to the Commander spot and I gain more stability.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't think I follow. Surely the pool of good black cards is deep enough that if you want to keep the beatdown deck WBG, you can do so. It's personal preference, so why would have to cut black from the deck if you do not wish to? :confused:

T

Terentius

I guess it all hinged on having Rhys as the Commander, as his abilities are great for both early and late game in that deck, and his low CMC makes things easy. Those Partner Commanders were nifty, but not what I needed, and also not worth their CMC. I could try running WGB with Ghave again?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hm, yeah, the pool of commanders in those colors isn't all that big, and none of them really scream, "Beatdown!"

T

Terentius

The way I ended up resolving my quandary on the token deck was by making a third deck, the basis of which is the Atraxa pre-con. I included a lot of the WGB cards that didn't make it into either of the decks in this thread, so now I'm a lot more appeased on my feelings of having to cut awesome cards from those decks.

So the token beats will stay GW with Rhys, and focus mostly on going wide with tokens. Cut the Planeswalkers to 7 or so. It should function as a decent aggro deck, but it's mostly too slow to be competitive.

WGB with Ghave turned into an all-in sacrifice combo deck, and that's fine. It does need some tuning, which I will go into more detail on later; but I think the main thing it needs is to combo out faster/more consistently before it approaches a decent competitive level. I almost won a game against my competitive playgroup, but I had a Persisted Safehold Elite get owned by Containment Priest as my combo went off.

The Atraxa deck is based on +1/+1 counters and proliferate (still tweaking and trying to work in more lifegain, and synergize that with +1/+1 counters). It can also make use of Hardened Scales and similar cards more so than the other two, as well as Planeswalkers for lifegain and proliferate. This is just a casual deck for big multiplayer games.