We're all racist, sexist *******s!

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh my god! I totally forgot that episode! NOOOO!!!!! That would be my fave. I totally forgot about my favorite south park episode, darn it! I have a brain that looks like swiss cheese. I love the 'How can you kill something that has no life' and the dead kenny jokes.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The best was this:

Randy: "Stan! I've been sent here... to bring you this. This sword can completely drain his mana."
Stan: "Dad, how did you get that??"
Randy: "No time! Just take it! Here!"
(long pause)
"How, how do you hand something from one player to another?"

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah. Good times. I also loved the facial expression from the zombie when his character died. Or how the boys 'Improved'.

B

Budget Player Cadet

How 'Bout a Moore/Franken or Moor/Hightower or Franken/Hightower ticket? Or any of the three above named people with Jon stewart? It would be a refreshing change of pace.
For you who don't know Jim Hightower, he is a radio personality in Maine. He has a two-minute comedy show twice a day on WMPR public radio. Google him.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Do you honestly think that they would ever fit on the same bill?
You're as nutty as GWB.

B

Budget Player Cadet

I take it back, there are crazier nuts in this fruit basket.

E

EricBess

Ransac said:
I'm looking forward for the day that a woman is in charge..... just not Hillary. I'd take anybody over Hillary......
Thank you Ransac. My personal beef isn't with a woman in the white house. It's with people who want a woman in the white house because she's a woman.

Sorry Budget, but I don't agree with your original premise and it's actually a bit of a pet peeve. I've heard way too many people who want to vote for Hillary because she's a woman. No offence Spidey, but I agree with Ransac on this one. Hillary has a history of "reinventing" herself (her words, I believe) based on the situation. Sort of like when Leiberman suddenly wasn't a Jew anymore because he was running for vice-president. I'm sorry, either you don't have conviction or you are a lier.

Either way, I'm not interested. Hillary has done the same thing several times, just to make people happy. Personally, I'm scared of Hillary in the White House simply because I really don't know what her convictions or stands on the issues truely are. Plus, there has been way too much history with her for me to think that she doesn't have some very "special interests" at heart.

Spiderman - at least you are asking about her personally. I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to vote for Hillary if they truely think that she is the best person for the job. I certainly don't agree with them, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. What really gets me is these people who don't have any reason for voting for Hillary except that she's a woman.

Same goes with Obama being black, but I don't think that his race has been nearly as bit of an influence as Hillary's gender has in the election.

R

Rakarth

I have to just throw my 2 cents in here after seeing that last post :) Over here in the UK there has been far more interest in the US elections than I can ever remember. And it's for two reasons, Obama and Hillary.

George Bush has not endeared himself that much to people here but even the fact that there will be a guaranteed new president (I believe this is correct?), it is just not enough to make this many people this interested in the US elections. We have difficulty getting interested in our own elections!

This is down to the fact that there might actually be a black/female president soon. Which is a nice idea given the history of both groups, in politics especially as it has not been pretty. But the interest really needs to be on their ideals and policies, what they believe and not colour or gender.

There have been questions put to the public over here as to who they would vote for if they could, the answer is either Obama or Hillary, every time. I have to ask if they even know what they stand for, what they want for America, I think they just see a coloured man and a woman and think "hmmm....not seen either of those as president, maybe one of them should have a go".

Hope I haven't offended anyone inadvertantly :) I essentially agree with EricBess and just wanted to let you know what it's like from outside the US.

Rakarth

Killer Joe

I am a "Clinton" supporter (have been since she became a senator) and in my opinion she's the best democratic candidate because she "IS" a Washington insider and knows politics. Her views on universal health care interest me as well as her views on foreign policy. Yes, there would not be very much change from this current administration from her adminstration (except socially). Her financial views are, in fact, moderate and she has sided with conservatives at times (which is okay with me, it seems the older I get the more conservative my views get). Is she a woman? Oh, I guess so. But that's not my concern in the least.

As for "Barack-Star" if you take away the tone of his charismatic voice you get this: Blah-blah-blah..... no substance. If Barack is my party's nominee then I'm voting for McCain who is a great piolitician and pretty much doesn't care about what others say about him and the fact that he's a Republican is NOT a strike against him. I think he's fairly moderate (even socially).

New twist in the news today though: Ralph Nader is thinking about running? That screws who? McCain and/or Hilliary. "Barack-Star" will totally benefit from Nader's run and pretty much guarantee his place at the White House.

What I really guess will happen (and we're all guessing here) is that "Barack-Star" will become president and that won't sit well with Lee Harvey types and,....and then you take it from there. :(

turgy22

Nothing Special
Killer Joe said:
What I really guess will happen (and we're all guessing here) is that "Barack-Star" will become president and that won't sit well with Lee Harvey types and,....and then you take it from there. :(
So, um, Kennedy was assassinated because he was black?

Killer Joe

Kennedy wasn't black, was he? :p
However, a few thought he would just make too much change and it doesn't matter now anyway because if Nader runs McCain is a "shoe-in" to the White House and I'm cool with that. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not taking offense and I hope no one's taking offense at me - I believed I said earlier I don't follow either candidates, so I'm curious, in what ways has Hillary "flip-flopped"? And her opponents haven't done the same thing so she's the only one?

Killer Joe

Not really answering Spidey's question but just a comment on that topic.

I would think that "weighing" important issues would be a good thing for a smart person to do. If you make an error then adjustments are needed for correction, right? To my knowledge; this has never been a bad idea. You have to hand it to Karl Rove who coined the term "flip-flop" and made its definition determental to anyone you could fling it at (i.e. John Kerry).

Everyone does it, it's just a matter of how one 'spins' it to make another look bad. Is there "virtue" in sticking to one's convictions and never re-considering? Sure there is, but that doesn't automatically make another who doesn't do that non-virtuous.

Silly example: A politician is elected on the premise that SPAM (the tasty mystery meat treat) will be sold to everyone at a gov't reduced price. Two years later it's found out that SPAM is considered "bad" for you. So the elected politician, who ran on a pro-spam stump, is S.O.L. :( Now they gotta reconsider what to do even if they themselves believe that spam is still good they have to listen to the people's voice. Am I right? I know this doesn't happen all the time. In fact, we're still in Iraq due to STRONG AND UN-FALTERING CONVICTIONS. But hey, at the time, we all believed in that (well, most of the people).

Clinton is the best choice, imo. If she isn't the DNC's candidate then I'm voting for the next best choice; McCain. Both of these VETERAN politicians ARE Washington insiders and since when did having experience become a BAD-THING!?!

As for "Barack-Star" well, I just don't know why the jump to him instead of to McCain. One reason was best stated by someone I know (a male), that talking about Obama at work gets him lots of attention from the younger crowd (i.e. females). Have you SEEN all the HOT CHICKS in the background of an Obama rally. CH'yeah! That's a good reason to vote for him,....HOT CHICKS!!!!!!

Check out youtube for SNL's Obama/Clinton skit about the CNN debate from last week. :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually "Flip-Flop" doesn't mean reconsidering a position and making an informed decision, it was first (that I remember) used against Bill Clinton and meant changing position due to poll numbers and perceived public opinion.
Yes, given better info, people do change their positions and not to do so is called stubborn and dense.

I agree that Barack's "I dream of change" platform is not good enough for him to be elected or nominated......

I'd like to see McCain win and then stick it to the far left and the far right.... those freakin extremests have been running our politics for way to long...

McCain/Lou Dobbs would be a great ticket..... haha.....

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
Actually "Flip-Flop" doesn't mean reconsidering a position and making an informed decision, it was first (that I remember) used against Bill Clinton and meant changing position due to poll numbers and perceived public opinion.
Yes, given better info, people do change their positions and not to do so is called stubborn and dense.

I agree that Barack's "I dream of change" platform is not good enough for him to be elected or nominated......

I'd like to see McCain win and then stick it to the far left and the far right.... those freakin extremests have been running our politics for way to long...

McCain/Lou Dobbs would be a great ticket..... haha.....
I'm gonna have to "Flip-Flop" and agree with you here! :eek: :D

...except I'd like to see Guillianni as the VP. :cool:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Mooseman said:
The term "flip-flop" has been used forever to people who frequently change their minds, so I'm sure you heard it used in regard to Clinton's policies. (I also vaguely remember it being used by Bob Terwilliger against Joe Quimby in the Springfield mayoral election during the mid-90's.)

However, the term never got seriously beaten into the ground like in did when Kerry ran for president in 2004. The Bush campaign repeatedly used it in reference to Kerry voting in favor of the Iraq war in 2003, but then speaking out against the vote when we found no WMDs and discovered how much more difficult the war was than originally planned. I'm pretty sure this is what KJ's referring to.

Whether this change in stance was due to receiving more information (no WMDs) or due to poll numbers (unpopular war) will vary depending on who you ask, but it was clear the Bush campaign really jumped on the term "flip-flop" to attack Kerry.