We're all racist, sexist *******s!

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

Okay, I want to here responses here! Why has there never been a minority or a woman as president??? I think that women should really run the country, because they're the ones with the brains!
At least, they're the ones who use them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Women haven't even been able to vote for 100 years yet. And the civil rights movement was just 50 years ago.

B

Budget Player Cadet

I doubt that god will let me get that far, for the good of the rest of the species.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm looking forward for the day that a woman is in charge..... just not Hillary. I'd take anybody over Hillary...... except Rosie O'Donnell. Why aren't those two dead, yet?

If it's Obama vs. McCain, I'll be happy with either as president.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
A long history of two-facedness as a politician isn't enough? Granted, all of the politicians are that way, but that is all I hear about her. I'm sure her policies are fine, but a recent rally/campaign isn't going to change a long standing opinion of a politician.

EDIT: She's also not that smart. Living in New York and openly admitting that you're a Cubs fan should be punishable by death (and I'm not even a baseball fan).

EDIT: Please don't tell me that you're a Hilldawg supporter, Spidey. Don't give me any more ammunition to rip on you....

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

You know, this really makes me think about the south park episode, Choose or Die, with Giant Dusche and **** Sandwich. My second-favorite episode, that one.

turgy22

Nothing Special
First of all, how can you accuse everyone of being racist and sexist and then throw out a generalization such as "only women use their brains" ? Stupidity is not bound by race or gender.

To answer the question, there are a couple reasons.

First, like Spidey said, our country has been around for nearly 250 years and women and blacks have only been allowed to vote for about 1/3 of that time. Rich white men spent a lot of time running the country and that sort of power takes time to even out. On top of that, since we only have a presidential election once every four years, there really aren't a whole lot of opportunities for women and minorities to win.

Second, there's a lack of qualified candidates. The only minorities I remember legitimately running (before Obama) were Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. No offense to these guys, but I don't think many people really wanted them in office and that has nothing to do with the color of their skin. It has to do with their policies. Guys like Obama and Colin Powell (if he ever ran) are much more moderate and electable. And I can't ever remember a woman running for president. It's hard to elect a woman if none are running for office.

And just out of curiousity, what is your favorite SP episode?

Killer Joe

1984 Walter Mondale and Gerraldine Ferraro for President/Vice-President

Personally, I want an experienced politician in the White House, so that leaves the choices of Clinton or McCain, I could care less about "trivial" social issues but I do care more about important ones like homelessness, economic hardship and health care which I think an 'experienced' politician can takle better.

If it was found out right now that Clinton or McCain were A1-Jerks SO what, they're still a better choice than Obama (not because of skin color but because of a lack of experience).

There's nothing wrong with Hillary except that she's 'older' and perhaps not as hip as "Barack-Star" (oooo, is that yet ANOTHER swooning woman in the rally crowd?).

Racist? Sexist? Nope how about lots of young folks are suffering from "Band-Wagon-itis", I mean, really, wouldn't folks like to be on a winning-team rather than a losing one?

MSNBC (liberal news media & my favorite) is starting to report more on McCain vs. Obama and saying very little as to Clinton's efforts. They've written her off.

Go McCain? If Guilliani becomes his running mate they've got my support!

B

Budget Player Cadet

turgy22 said:
First of all, how can you accuse everyone of being racist and sexist and then throw out a generalization such as "only women use their brains" ? Stupidity is not bound by race or gender.

And just out of curiousity, what is your favorite SP episode?
Hmm... you're right... but then again, I didn't accuse everyone else, I accused EVERYONE. I didn't exclude myself on that point. I know that I'm racist and sexist, I just try not to let it show around people who would care (especially the women and minorities).
My favorite south park episode is Cancelled, the episode where the earth gets cancelled. It won my heart just because of the cartman fart joke, where he keeps on farting on kyle... You may find it childish, but I love it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ransac said:
A long history of two-facedness as a politician isn't enough? Granted, all of the politicians are that way, but that is all I hear about her. I'm sure her policies are fine, but a recent rally/campaign isn't going to change a long standing opinion of a politician.
"Long history"? How long? Are we talking just as a senator or before Bill was president?

And do you hear about that because of the "propaganda" others put out? If you think her policies are fine, what you hear from others shouldn't matter.

EDIT: She's also not that smart. Living in New York and openly admitting that you're a Cubs fan should be punishable by death (and I'm not even a baseball fan).
Yeah, um, okaaay... :)

EDIT: Please don't tell me that you're a Hilldawg supporter, Spidey. Don't give me any more ammunition to rip on you....
I'm not anyone's supporter (except the advocate of the devil). I'm just curious why people are "hatin'" Hillary when they haven't really said anything substantial why and just repeating what others are saying, it seems.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh, you worship the devil? I should tell my club about you!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Spidey, this isn't the propaganda that I've heard, as I barely watch any TV and don't catch the mud-slinging ads or campaigns (except the ones for Kucinich, which are always on in the mornings). This "hatred" for Hillary stems from a long history (including when Bill was President, but not so much then) of her not supporting the things I believe our country should do.

Additionally, I always felt very negatively about her winning Senator of New York, considering that she only moved to New York for the previous year. It's obvious that she was only running there to gain political attention, something which I can't blame anybody for but it's the principle of the matter. How can she know the needs/opinions of the people of New York without having lived there?

I hate talking politics, so my HC-bashing will end here for now. However, there is currently no politician that I think is worse for the job than her. Nothing will change that opinion.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Talking politics is one of the best ways to vent steam; it comes right after wiping your rear with george bush toilet paper.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
As bad as you think GWB was, he was still a better choice than Gore or Kerry (not Edwards, though).

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh My God.
Who are we talking about here, the senior or the junior?
Have I read too many political comics?
Have I watched one M. Moore film too many?
I don't know what's happening here!
Or Am I surrounded by Rednecks?!?!?!?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Out of curiosity
of her not supporting the things I believe our country should do
Like what?

Additionally, I always felt very negatively about her winning Senator of New York, considering that she only moved to New York for the previous year. It's obvious that she was only running there to gain political attention, something which I can't blame anybody for but it's the principle of the matter. How can she know the needs/opinions of the people of New York without having lived there?
And no other Senator has done that? :)

Obviously the New Yorkers didn't feel the same way, as they elected her.

You're not a New Yorker, are you? How can you pass a similiar judgement?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Budget Player Cadet said:
My favorite south park episode is Cancelled, the episode where the earth gets cancelled. It won my heart just because of the cartman fart joke, where he keeps on farting on kyle... You may find it childish, but I love it.
Yeah, fart jokes are pretty childish, but they're still funny. One of my favorite recent episodes was the World of Warcraft one and I laughed out loud at the part where Cartman has his mom come with a bedpan because he won't get off the computer for 5 minutes to crap. It was absolutely disgusting and immature, but hilarious nonetheless.