Warlords IV

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From Thursday's Gamespy newsletter:
Warlords IV Goes Gold - Rhoam
While no release date has been set, uber-publisher Ubisoft has announced that the latest installment in the Warlords series, Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria has gone gold and should be available in retail stores this month.

Warlords IV was developed by Infinite Interactive, a company founded by Warlords series creator Steve Fawkner.
Also, the demo is out on disc with at least PC Gaming and Computer Gaming World.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Warlords IV Ships - Prophet
Ubisoft has unleashed Infinite Interactive's Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria to retail today in North America. The latest chapter in this popular RPG-flavored turn-based strategy game series for the PC offers a new combat system, a new set of heroes & units, improved AI, a whole new campaign, 3D rendered terrain, enhanced multiplayer features that revolve around the game's new combat system, automated combat casting, 10 sides to choose from, and a whole lot more. Warlords IV uses an enhanced version of Warlords Battlecry 2 to provide smoother gameplay, enhanced graphics and many other small and great innovative features. Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria is rated "T" for "Teen" and is available for a suggested retail price of $39.99.

S

Svenmonkey

I got the demo in my Computer Games magazine Sunday. It was enjoyable, but the graphics weren't stellar and the scenario in the demo is amazingly long. So long that I haven't finished yet. :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I still haven't been able to try it.

From what I hear though, once you start to get a feel for the tactics and how the AI plays, you can clean up. Some of the guys on the Warlords forum who have played around with it can finish in the low 20 days and that's on the highest level of difficulty :eek: