Warlords IV

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Spiderman, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It may be that I'm the only one interested in this, but I love this series since it was the first fantasy-based strategy wargame I played.

From today's Gamespy newsletter:
  2. WickedBoy6 Captain of the Atog Army

I've heard of the Warlords series, but never played it.
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It's a great (to me) turn-based fantasy war/strategy game.

From Friday's Gamespy newsletter:
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From today's Gamespy newsletter:
  5. Melkor Active Member

Well, thats cool that they're coming out with a new one, I enjoy Warlords 3 quite a bit, but I've always thought the nuts and bolts of playing could have been much improved.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Which Warlords III did you have? Reign of Heros or Dark Lords Rising?

Which parts could have been improved?
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Both the Ubi Soft Warlords IV site and the Infinite Interactive Warlords IV site has been updated with screenshots, polls, and another chapter in the storyline.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The Infinite Interactive Warlords IV site has been updated with screenshots, wallpaper, and another chapter in the storyline.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Part 1 and Part 2 of an interview with Steve Fawkner, the creator of the Warlords series and lead on Warlords IV
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ubi Soft updated their site with the first bio on the races, this one about Knights.
  11. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

Looks pretty spiffy from the screenshots, though I can't say I trust the artist who drew the woman on the page you just linked to.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What's wrong with her? :p

Seriously though, I'm not sure who the artist is although I can probably find out if it is game art and it's a small company working on Warlords IV.
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The demo can be found at this German site... from what the Warlords IV message boards say, so far it's the only place and they may have released it prematurely as the developers were caught by surprise; they expected it to be out in another couple of weeks. The page is in German but the link near the bottom that says "Download starten" and shows Javascript() when you hold your mouse over it is the one to go to.
  14. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

I don't think many knights went around in scanty blue armor and loincloths. :p

I'll check out that demo. The demo itself's not in German, is it?

Edit: Darn, the download's 148 megabytes; a bit large for a dial-up user. Hopefully it comes on this month's or next month's Computer Games CD.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

She might be a Paladin... :) there was a back story going on at the Interactive site (I think the link to that is above) and a female Paladin was mentioned there.

From all reports, the demo itself is not in German. It just happened to be the Ubi Soft's German site, that's all.
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Actually, now that I look at her, she looks like an Elf... pointed ears and green clothing (green was the color of the Elf side).

The demo has been taken down due to "syncronocity problems" and is said to come up Sept. 8.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The demo is back up at Ubi Soft's site... and some things were fixed between it and the one on the German site, so you might want to get this one instead. Still big though.
  18. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

I'm in school now, so I can download it there and either burn a disk (we got fancy new computers with flatscreens and stuff this year in the computer science lab. :) ) or split it and put it on zip disks.
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ubi Soft has put up the second race bio, that of the Dark Elves.
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant