Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath is able to easily unlock the portcullis and slide it open. Magical energy crackles around a second gate behind the portcullis, and at first that gate seems to impose another barrier. Then, with a dull, creaking sound, the gate folds away from you, and light from the lantern pours into the newly opened space.

The gate collapses, revealing a large chamber with a bridge over a dark chasm. Across the bridge, a familiar mist clings to the ground in the same manner as it did when you uncovered a banshee's lair.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath should check for traps on the bridge while the ranged guys cover him. Ty will follow closely, ready to help in the event of an ambush. Any weird noises to be heard in the chamber?

How wide and long is the bridge? Wider than 2 across?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath should check for traps on the bridge while the ranged guys cover him. Ty will follow closely, ready to help in the event of an ambush. Any weird noises to be heard in the chamber?How wide and long is the bridge? Wider than 2 across?
I had some technical difficulties over the weekend and wasn't able to do the usual MS Paint map thing. Since this is the last room and you've cleared the rest of the dungeon anyway, I'll just put up a picture I have saved of the whole dungeon. The room is using the "Fire Chasm" tile from Warhammer Quest, but in this case, it's really just a regular chasm.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The room is using the "Fire Chasm" tile from Warhammer Quest, but in this case, it's really just a regular chasm.
So it's just a kind of single-file sketchy bridge we take our lives into our hands just trying to cross? Or is that just what's on the tile and what it represents is something a bit more stable?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So it's just a kind of single-file sketchy bridge we take our lives into our hands just trying to cross? Or is that just what's on the tile and what it represents is something a bit more stable?
From Ty's vantage outside the room, the bridge looks kind of sketchy, but he can't really see the details that well. The mist might be partially obscuring the furthest end of the bridge somewhat.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will move to the square directly opposite the bridge (which I think is the second row from the bottom, far right if I'm reading the map right?) and then move towards the bridge (so still second row from bottom, second column from right) and keep checking.

"maybe I should tie myself with a rope before I go across and anchor to the wall or door or one of you?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Or maybe we should try to lure the bad guys on the other side into coming toward us!" :ROFLMAO:

Ty will accept the rope from Dorgath and look for a solid place to tie it off.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Again, sorry about the delay. I have everything ready for this and have for the past couple weeks, but I've had so much going on at home and at work that I haven't taken the time to just post a map of some sort and get this moving again. Hoping to make some time soon...