Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
“The tree hugger needs all the help he can get. Ty, looks like tbe Stone is yours. Maybe Tomas, Rev, or Jakaena can use the spell scroll?”

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Added items to character inventories. I threw the scroll in Kelgar's inventory, just because he can use it and his player is potentially still here.

So does Ty want to add the Silver Stone to a weapon?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
He does, he'll apply it to his fist spike. That seems like it would be a good idea. Then he'll go ahead and do the listening/looking for traps/secret door checking mentioned earlier... :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The one to the right first, assuming Dorgath is checking the other side simultaneously... ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Both doors seem simple and functional. They're a bit damaged, but it seems to be from long-term disuse and the gradual encroachment of the tree roots from above. There's nothing audible behind the doors.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was checking both doors while the divvying of equipment was going on 😂

“Let’s open each door and see what’s revealed. How about the right door first?”

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"That'll work. Let's get set up and ready in case there's something nasty waiting for us on the other side."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg walks over and starts to check out the ooze. Simultaneously, Dorgath opens the door, revealing another root-encrusted chamber. It looks like it was once furnished to house someone. A derelict cell, but it's in extremely poor condition. All is quiet at first, then something stirs. The roots tremble and wights burst forth from the shadows. As the party draws weapons to fight the undead in the newly revealed room, a chill wind sweeps though the dungeon and the bones scattered near Throg assemble themselves into skeletal warriors.

desolateroots04.png

W=Wight
L=Wight Lord
S= Skeleton Captain

-The Power Phase is 4 for this turn.
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in. He may move and attack before the combat phase begins.
-Throg becomes afraid of wights unless he want to use his Mark of Chaos to reroll or use his Khorne Statue five times.

-Kelgar becomes afraid of wights unless he wants to use his Luck point to reroll.
-Ty becomes afraid of wights unless he want to use his Luck point to reroll.

-Tomas becomes afraid of skeletons and wights.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will attack the skeletons, attempting to cut his way through to free Throg.

Can I delay the re-roll until I actually acknowledge the Wights, since my back is towards them right now?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Can I delay the re-roll until I actually acknowledge the Wights, since my back is towards them right now?
That was how I was doing it before, but it was adding an unnecessary step in combat.

I don't know how this combat will go. I'm excited that you guys initiated two encounters at the same time. But as for whether you use your Luck point, that's up to you. They usually go unused anyway, although I have been automatically applying them if it can save a Warrior from going to 0. But you can use them elsewhere if you like. Might help. Might not. Fear is only a -1 penalty to hit. Terror is -2.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'll save it for now I guess. Looking at the logistics of the battle it's unlikely he'll be all that close to the Wights anyways, unless things go really, really badly... :eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
“Jakaena, protect yourself! Kelgar, we need to move back to just let the wights come two at a time and hold them off while the others get/help Throg!”

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
“Jakaena, protect yourself! Kelgar, we need to move back to just let the wights come two at a time and hold them off while the others get/help Throg!”
Did you mean to say that to the guy next to you, Carrow? And are you thinking of backing up far enough so Kelgar and Revaethan can also engage?