Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath looks for a door so that he can listen at it, but he can't see one: the chamber simply narrows a bit and continues on in darkness, further than the light from the lantern can illuminate. While catching up to him, Ty finds a familiar bit of treasure...

Gems of Life: a matched pair of gemstones. If the bearer of one gemstone is killed, the bearer of the others stone can destroy it in order to resurrect the fallen Warrior. Both gems are consumed in the process.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. I didn't bother going back to looking at the map. Neither did TomB, it appears

Dorgath waits for the others to catch up and if no one has anything, leads the way onwards.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
TomB confused the red tiles (valves) with the "door" on the map, so meh...

These stones look interesting. Are they up for grabs?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Then perhaps Carrow and Ty should split these, since Carrow seems to have a target painted on him in this mission and Ty's usually in the thick of things when the fighting's going on...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've put the gems in Ty and Carrow's inventories.

You press on. The darkness of the chamber begins to swallow up the light from the lantern. Suddenly, the Sylvan Epic flies from Jekaena's pack, darting around in the darkness. You catch glimpses of the book as it flits around in the fading light of the lantern. The book vanishes into the distance, then hurtles back. It stops in front of you, opens up, and you're blinded by a brilliant flash of light...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Carrow immediately takes a knee and while his head is bowed uses his bow and his right hand to detect what is around him. Waiting for a change in the circumstances.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty tries to look away from the book, scanning the suddenly illuminated darkness for enemies.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As the bright flash fades, Dorgath, Ty, and Carrow are holding stances ready for combat. Throg seems unfazed. Your surroundings have completely changed. You're in the middle of a great hall in some building you don't recognize. The architecture is ornate, sleek, and expansive. It's unlike anything you've ever seen before. Light streaming in through domed windows would seem to indicate that it's evening wherever you are. Jekaena scrutinizes the surroundings. She looks different...

"This is a school of magic in the Moonspring Glades. I've been here before. It's an illusion though. An illusion of the past, too. That..."

Jekaena strolls over to a massive table...

"...that fancy silver candelabra wasn't there anymore after a while. Very noticeable. Later on I wondered what happened to it, but anyway, this would have been when I was younger."

She springs up onto her toes with both feet, then casually pirouettes.

"Oh wow, and it's a very, very good illusion. I wonder why the book would bring me here. This is an image from my past, not from anything to do with Welhallas."

Jekaena studies the faces of the party. She frowns, then moves over to a bookshelf and pulls a book off. She opens it up, leafs through it, and reshelves it. She goes back to the main table, lifts the candelabra up and scrutinizes it closely, then replaces it.

"There's something about this thing. I remember that it was always here when I lived in Argwylon, and that it was gone when I came back here later with the priestesses. You all still look the same, though. This is especially strange. Can anyone see me?"

She waves at you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"We can see you, but you look different as well...." (how does she look different? What does she look like now as opposed to before?)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
(how does she look different? What does she look like now as opposed to before?)
Other than the fact that her foot is seemingly uninjured, she looks younger. Jekaena already looked young anyway and you're not completely sure how much younger she might be in this illusion. She's standing at her full height, which makes her look taller than the version of her you know (hunched over her cane a bit). But even after recovering from her near-death experience in the temple where you found her, Jekaena seemed to have a wan, frail appearance. This version is vibrant and youthful. Physically, Jekaena is too young to show outward signs of senescence, so the difference in appearance might be some lingering effect from her injury and not so much a true indication of chronological age. On the other hand, it's possible that if this is somewhere she remembers from her past, she was a teenager at the time she lived here, and you're seeing Jekaena as a teenager.

She's wearing some kind of ostentatious robe, possibly ceremonial or some kind of uniform that would have cultural significance to wood elves, but Dorgath has never seen it and knows nothing about it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Well, this is all quite strange. I'd have thought that if the book tapped into someone's past, it'd be Carrow because of his link to it. I just hope no one else can see you guys. We're in the Moonspring Glades and outsiders are..."

A man recognizable as an elven battlemage shows up behind you...

"Jekaena, there you are! I heard the project was over."

Jekaena reacts with visible unease. She knows this battlemage, but something seems off. She looks at the party.

"Um, can you see him too?"

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Why do I get the feeling, the battlemage can't see or hear us? Else, he would have said, who are this motley group and why are they here?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I think you're right Carrow," Ty quietly agrees, "and from what Jekaena said it's probably better that way." Ty continues to scan the surroundings suspecting this dog-and-pony show is meant to distract the group while Coril does something sneaky.