Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why can't Carrow attack while invisible? Would he just become visible when he attacks?
This is a good question. I have an answer, but it's a bit weird. Being rooted in one-session tabletop fantasy (like the original HeroQuest), Warhammer Quest is mostly simpler than RPG systems. And yet, somehow the designers managed to make sure that every spell and item with an invisibility effect functions differently.

When I had Jekaena learn new spells, they were all just regular Wizard spells, and the Wizard invisibility spell explicitly allows any non-offensive actions. You can move, use bandages, cast defensive spells, etc. But you can't fire a bow (and they even use that as an example in the text).

The ideal might be to have Jekaena wait until after Carrow attacks and then make him invisible. Coril could shoot him first, but only for one round. But Jekaena is not Tomas and is not accustomed to magical combat. So she'd have to be told to do that.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So Carrow would be unable to shoot his bow, swing his sword or in any way attack his foes...…. Frustrated and unsure, Carrow will try to shut off the valve.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So Carrow would be unable to shoot his bow, swing his sword or in any way attack his foes...…. Frustrated and unsure, Carrow will try to shut off the valve.
It only lasts for a full turn anyway. And Jekaena actually doesn't have enough Power to cast that spell when the Power Phase roll is 1...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Tomas draws upon his stored Power. He casts Spear of Light at Coril (3 damage).
-Tomas casts Rebound on Throg.
-Jekaena casts Heal Wounds and fully restores Throg's Wounds.
-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Coril shoots at Throg, but has trouble with the shimmering field around the Chaos Warrior again.
-Throg's helm causes Coril to miss yet another shot.
-Carrow leaps onto a platform.
-Revaethan leaps forward one platform.
-Dorgath moves and gets into position to leap onto one of the platforms.
-Dorgath completely misses with a crossbow shot.
-Dorgath shoots Coril in the face (3 damage). The crazed elf howls in rage.
-Throg leaps forward one platform.
-Throg's Ice Missile misses.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Ty moves to the edge of the room, preparing to leap onto the platform Carrow is occupying, presumably once Carrow moves.
-Kelgar moves toward Jekaena and Tomas, ready to protect them should any foes teleport next to them.

Next round...

-The Power Phase is 2.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Will also post an updated map of the room. Right now I've got...

Coril: H5
Throg: E3
Revaethan: E7
Carrow: D1
Dorgath: B5
Ty: B1
Kelgar: B7
Tomas: A8
Jekaena: A6

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
-Ty moves to the edge of the room, preparing to leap onto the platform Carrow is occupying, presumably once Carrow moves.
Does Ty even know Carrow is there, since he's invisible? If Ty knows Carrow is there he'll slide over to B5 looking to cover a column not covered by a group-mate, and will advance on the "X" position.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oh crap, did I give him missile boots too? Turgy, your character is getting to be over-the-top here...
Well the boots themselves don't have missile powers, but if Throg throws one, it turns into a missile (an object which is forcibly propelled at a target, either by hand or from a mechanical weapon).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was totally going to get back to this, then instead I spent some time digging the Explorers of Ixalan deck out of storage. Seriously going to get back to this one soon...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright, sorry for the delay. I guess I thought moving the letters around would take a big chunk of time (it's actually pretty fast) and I kept having other things come up, so it went untouched for far too long...

WHQTSEEWCOBA-03.png

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So far it looks like we've got...

Throg: lobbing a fancy boot at Coril?
Dorgath: having Kelgar move out of the way and then leaping onto D7.
Carrow: leaping onto F1 while pondering the meanings of words.
Kelgar: getting out of Dorgath's way?
Ty: ?
Tomas: ?
Jekaena: ?
Coril: about to shoot at somebody.