Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

R

rokapoke

Tomas casts Freeze! on as many Bosses and standard goblins (in that order) as possible.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Ty's Pit Training kicks in and he lashes out with his Fist Spike before the goblins can swing their weapons.
-Ty slices at a goblin boss that is brandishing a wicked blade at Tomas (2 damage).
-Ty cuts the goblin boss again (3 damage).
-Ty stabs the goblin boss (2 damage).
-Ty misses a knee strike.
-Ty slams into the goblin boss (4 damage). His foe staggers, but remains upright.
-It doesn't occur to Jekaena to cast anything. She has other things on her mind and didn't get any instructions.
-Tomas casts Freeze! One goblin boss (the one that Ty just beat up on) and one regular goblin perish from the spell. The remaining goblin bosses each sustain (5) damage from the cold.
-Kelgar blesses himself and Dorgath with Vanquish (+1 Attacks this turn).
-Carrow hacks into the goblin boss that is branding a wicked blade at Jekaena (2 damage).
-Carrow drives his sword through the goblin boss (1 damage).
-Revaethan uses his Woven Mist technique, trading his normal Move and Attacks for a combined total of 5 Attacks and Moves this turn.
-Revaethan obtruncates a goblin.
-Revaethan's deathblow decapitates a goblin.
-Revaethan slaughters another goblin.
-Revathan swings at the goblin boss that is brandishing a wicked blade at Kelgar, but misses.
-Revaethan clips the goblin boss (1 damage).
-Revaethan cuts the goblin boss (2 damage).
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Throg uses his Ice Missile to detain the goblin boss that was trying to attack Jekaena.
-Throg trips over his own axe handle.
-Throg chops a goblin's shoulder (1 damage). His victim is hurt, but still trying to fight.
-Annoyed that the goblin survived his axe, Throg lashes out with his bladed boots and punts the greenskin into the forest.
-Throg bites a goblin to death.
-Throg slices a goblin wide open with his Razor Claws.
-Tomas runs a goblin through, killing it.
-Dorgath finds and opening and shoves his way into the ranks of the goblins, but botches his first swing of his axe.
-Dorgath fells a goblin boss.
-Dorgath hits a goblin so hard that, while it's not clear what part of the goblin he actually struck, the surrounded trees are splattered in gore.
-Dorgath's deathblow amazingly achieves the same result on another goblin.
-Seeing that there are no goblins near him anymore and that Jekaena is not doing anything and is also light-weight, Ty picks her up and deposits her next to Dorgath, moving into her spot, ready to attack the goblin boss once it thaws out.

"Hey, what was that about?"

-Kelgar swings his hammer, but the goblin boss manages to lunge away.
-Kelgar bashes a goblin boss across the chest, killing it.

The two remaining goblins, seeing their leaders fall so quickly, turn to flee into the undergrowth. Carrow easily picks them off with his bow before they get out of sight. Seeing that Ty is ready to slaughter the goblin boss once it unfreezes, Revaethan moves alongside it. As the goblin boss unfreezes, Revaethan hooks his swords on the goblin boss's ankle and trips it to the ground immediately after the ice prison wears off. Ty impales it on his fist spike before it can get back up.

Everyone earns 120 gold.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't Spidey outline a basic routine for Jekaena?

I'm thinking Jekaena's first action when we get into combat should be Protecting Herself (Casting Glittering Robe - if the Winds of Magic allow) and then see what's happening after that, whether Healing, Strength Buff, or simply Attacking needs to be done.
So by default she shouldn't need instructing until the 2nd round of combat, at which time we'll need an opportunity to interject instruction...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"I can't argue with your logic, Ty. But I'm not used to this sort of thing. I survived my previous violent encounters by going into some kind of fugue state, which seemed to be effective but is probably not ideal. I think for now I'm just going to need reminded if I'm supposed to do something. Sorry, but I keep catching my mind wandering. Just like Dorgath here: he was checking the bodies of the goblins but now look at him. He's completely distracted by those stones..."

Dorgath has indeed noticed a strange pile of stones alongside the fallen goblins, and unearths a cache of gold.

"Yes, it's exactly like that. Exactly."

Dorgath finds 1,580 gold. I'll divvy it up when I get home.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We'll explicitly state what Jakaena's doing in combat :)

"Gold! Now what else might these goblins have..." Dorgath goes back to looting the bodies, as he's not SO easily distracted.... :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Dorgath's further searching turns up nothing useful. As usual, the goblin bosses are carrying cursed weapons that the party cannot take advantage of.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The path forks here, and both forks look like dark, narrow trails along the forest floor. Jekaena hesitates, but declares that she thinks that when she passed this way before, it was along the path to your right. Probably.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Also...

-The Power Phase is 1 for this turn. An Unexpected Event occurs.
-It's hobgoblins, of course. They ambush you.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Note that the monsters are showing up outside the edges of the board sections. Keep in mind that you're technically traveling on the forest floor along a densely overgrown path, so there aren't true walls here. For the purposes of fighting, there's nothing stopping you from occupying those spaces like the monsters are doing. But this isn't a wide, open field and you'd get lost in the dense vegetation if you tried to stray too far from the path.traversingthepinecrags03.png

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"More greenskin scum! Jekaena! Cast Glittering Robe on yourself!"

Dorgath swings at those closest to him.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Again, Ty moves to protect the casters and Carrow by intercepting hobgoblins and impaling them as needed...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-A hobgoblin swings a strange-looking blade and slashes Throg (18/19).
-The Dark Sword steals 1 Weapon Skill from Throg.
-A hobgoblin leaps at Dorgath, swinging a crude axe, but the dwarf weaves out of range.
-A hobgoblin attempts to jump onto Tomas, but miscalculates and falls.
-A hobgoblin charges Ty, but he shoves the monster back.
-A hobgoblin flanks Ty and hacks into him (10/15).
-A hobgoblin flanks Carrow, clipping him (16/17).
-A hobgoblin strikes Carrow, but his Elf Cloak absorbs the blow.
-A hobgoblin hacks at Jekaena, but she narrowly deflects the blow with her quarterstaff.
-A hobgoblin lunges at Kelgar, but the priest blocks the attack.
-A hobgoblin strikes Revaethan in the head, but his Belt of Ariel blocks the damage.
-Tomas casts Ogre Strength on Tyresius. He feels strong!
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe on herself. She becomes enrobed in a magic shield that can absorb up to 3 damage.
-Kelgar blesses himself and Dorgath with Vanquish. They get +1 Attacks this turn.
-Carrow loses control of the Sword of Hoeth and trips.
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist, but gets a bad result and only has 1 combined Move and Attack for the turn.
-Revaethan slashes at a hobgoblin but fails to connect.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.
-Annoyed at the magic sword affecting him, Throg uses his Ice Missile to detain the offending goblin.
-Throg slices a hobgoblin with his axe, stealing back his missing Wound (19/19).
-Throg kicks the hobgoblin in the face, which seems to kill it.
-Tomas cuts a hobgoblin (2 damage).
-Tomas lands another blow, slaying his antagonist.
-Tomas' deathblow decapitates another hobgoblin!
-Dorgath barrels into the hobgoblin at the end of the hallway (2 damage).
-Dorgath finishes the hobgoblin off.
-Ty impales a hobgoblin on his fist spike and moves into its spot.
-Ty slashes at a hobgoblin, but is aiming too high.
-Ty uppercuts a hobgoblin and probably breaks its neck, then continues to be carried forward by his fist spike.
-Ty takes down another goblin in a flurry.
-Kelgar swings his hammer, but his target is too quick for him.
-Kelgar smashes the hobgoblin that swung at Jekaena.
-Kelgar's deathblow destroys another hobgoblin.

The remaining hobgoblins, seeing how quickly their comrades fell, break away, slinking into the shadows. The frozen hobgoblin is now sandwiched between Throg and Dorgath...

-Uh, the Power Phase is 1 again. Really.

5 goblins and 8 snotlings show up before the last of the hobgoblins can be finished off.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty continues to fight, protecting the casters. "Jekaena, I need healing!" he shouts as he rejoins the battle.