Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So the bad news is that I still haven't made a graphical representation of this unusual room. The good news is that I found my playset of Smokestack!

Revaethan will be the first to attempt the crossing. I'd ask where you're all positioned, but of course I haven't provided a map. Soon, though. Soon.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah, I still haven't done this. OK, I'm bad. That's established. Let's see...

Throg throws a left boot in the boiling liquid.

WHQTSEEWCOBA.png

-Grey squares are a smooth rock-like substance. They're safe.
-Blue squares are the entrance you're coming through. The door leads back the way you came.
-Red squares contain the valve mechanism.
-White squares have a dropoff from the grey squares that eventually hits a moving body of frothing liquid. The fluid is flowing from right to left. One of Throg's fancy boots is in there somewhere.

Revaethan has been nominated to attempt the crossing first. But what are everyone's positions? How do you arrange yourselves in the room as Revaethan attempts the crossing?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this bodes ill if you're asking people's positions.... :D

If you number the chart like battleship (letters going down, numbers going across), Dorgath will position himself in B11 (right below the left blue square).

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will stand next to Carrow. A2.

Also, did the boot sink or float? Did it dissolve? Any discoloration once it hit the liquid?
These details might be important!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Carrow will go to A1, far left first row and prep for battle.
Throg will stand next to Carrow. A2.
As it happens, Throg and Carrow can move faster than the other characters, so it would only take them two turns to get there. Will Revaethan be waiting to cross until they're in position?

Also where will Ty and Kelgar be positioned? And someone decide where to place Jekaena and Tomas too. Actually, someone speak up for Kelgar anyway, unless we do get Melkor to chime in...

Also, did the boot sink or float? Did it dissolve? Any discoloration once it hit the liquid?
These details might be important!
You said you'd throw it in, not that you'd stand at the edge and drop it and watch for what happened! :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Should we all be staying fairly close together? I say Ty goes to A4, Jekaena goes to A6, Tomas goes to A8, and Kelgar to A10 unless Melkor speaks up.

turgy22

Nothing Special
You said you'd throw it in, not that you'd stand at the edge and drop it and watch for what happened! :p
Ugh. Why would that not be obvious? Of course, I want to know what happens.

Throg will throw the matching boot in the stream to see how it reacts to the liquid.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah, I'd been meaning to get to this earlier. OK, before I post an updated diagram, we've got Throg at A2, Dorgath at B11, Carrow at A1, Ty at A4, Kelgar at A10, Tomas at A8, and Jekaena at A6. Correct? Meanwhile, Revaethan will be trying to cross. Where will he be attempting his crossing?