Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
To no one's surprise, I failed to update this again last night. Anyway, I can't post another photo of the map in Discord, but it looks like we've got...

-Carrow staying put and planning to shoot the necromancer.
-Ty moving into the chamber and moving along the wall to his right.
-Dorgath shooting the necromancer (or moving and then shooting the necromancer)?
-Other party members following Ty into the chamber?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Perhaps I should just ask it this way.

Is Dorgath moving somewhere before taking his shot? And if so, where? And are the non-shooting members of the party following Ty in?

The Power Phase is 3, by the way. Forgot to mention that.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg is unsure about attacking someone who appears to be minding his own business. He'll wait until the fight commences before getting involved.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was behind Carrow so I assume I need to move to get a line of sight at the baddie, so I'll move into the spot vacated by Ty (i.e. north east) and then I guess follow Ty down the right side of the wall if he moves enough to follow. Otherwise I'll stay in his spot next to Carrow.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I was behind Carrow so I assume I need to move to get a line of sight at the baddie, so I'll move into the spot vacated by Ty (i.e. north east) and then I guess follow Ty down the right side of the wall if he moves enough to follow. Otherwise I'll stay in his spot next to Carrow.
You can fire past your own companions without penalty in this game, but you can also move and then shoot without penalty, so I'll assume you're following Ty and then shooting unless I hear differently. Looks like we've got...

-Carrow staying put and shooting.
-Ty moving along the wall toward the necromancer.
-Dorgath following Ty and shooting the necromancer.
-Throg staying put.
-Jekaena staying put?
-Everyone else following Ty and Dorgath?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna say yes to everyone else following us like you listed and "Jekaena, protect yourself!"

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn.
-Passing by Carrow, the other Warriors follow Ty along the right side of the room, advancing on the necromancer.
-Tomas casts Rebound on Ty.
-Tomas casts Rebound on Dorgath.

-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe (3).
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe (3).

-Kelgar blesses Carrow and Dorgath with Vanquish. They gain extra attacks this turn.
-Carrow shoots the necromancer in the chest (20/25).

-Carrow's second arrow flies wide.
-Carrow plants another arrow in the necromancer's torso (14/25).

-Carrow shoots the necromancer in the shoulder (10/25).
-Hurt badly from Carrow's volley, the necromancer begins trying to seek partial cover with the altar, and narrowly avoids Dorgath's bolt.

-Dorgath shoots a second bolt, but his aim is way off.
-Dorgath launches a third bolt from his crossbow, but the necromancer narrowly evades it.
-Throg can't line up a shot with his ring, although he comes close.

Undead begin appearing in front of you. It's not clear whether the necromancer summoned them here or whether they were hidden, but they come in quickly and lash out at the party with their weapons.

You'll find the part of the map you're in now posted to the Warhammer Quest channel in the Discord. Nickels are crypt keepers. Pennies are wights.

-Throg resists the effects of Fear.
-Dorgath becomes afraid of these undead.
-Carrow resists the effects of Fear.
-Kelgar resists the effects of Fear.
-Ty resists the effects of Fear.
-Tomas becomes afraid of these undead.

-Revaethan becomes afraid of these undead.
-Jekaena becomes afraid of these undead.
-The Necromancer casts Soul Drain on Ty, sapping his vitality (15/25).
-A crypt keeper attacks Ty. Its sword appears to warp the air around it and bends to catch up to the pit-fighter, but Ty evades the blow anyway.

-A crypt keeper tries again, but Ty parries.
-A crypt keeper stabs Dorgath (19/25).
-A crypt keeper swings its sword at Dorgath. The dwarf ducks beneath the blow. Again, the sword seems to shift so that it could hit him anyway, but Dorgath lunges and keeps himself from being hit again.
-A crypt keeper slashes at Revaethan. The wardancer blocks it. The undead monster's eerie sword shifts toward him, but Revaethan leans out of the way.

-A crypt keeper strikes Revaethan in the head.
-Revaethan's Belt of Ariel deflects the force of the blow.
-A wight jabs at Ty. It fails.

-A wight slashes at Revaethan. The wardancer parries it.
-A wight stabs at Throg. The Chaos Warrior barely acknowledges it.
-A wight lunges at Kelgar. The priest catches the undead monster and counters its movement.
-A wight slices the air near Tomas, but fails to connect.

-The necromancer regenerates (18/25).
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade heals Ty (21/25).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty attacks the crypt keeper that's standing between him and the necromancer, and, once defeated, will attempt to rush the necromancer and keep him distracted so he isn't able to summon up reinforcements by driving his fist spike into his forehead and grinding his knee spikes into his abdomen... :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Carrow, Spurred on by Ty's ruthless aggression, will continue to shoot the Necromancer, but if the alter fully covers him, he will change to his Blade of Couronne and enter the fray, attacking the Wight in front of the door.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Dorgath can only attack one Crypt Keeper at the moment but will endeavor to keep the foes off Ty's back when he makes his move towards the Necromancer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Dorgath's Great Axe restores 1 of his Wounds.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores 1 of his Wounds (21/25).

-Tomas casts Glory!
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe (4).
-Jekaena casts Glittering Robe (1).

-Kelgar blesses himself and Carrow with Vanquish.

-Kelgar raises his Hammer of Spite toward the necromancer and allows the weapon to pull him across the chamber. Kelgar appears alongside the necromancer and ambushes him!
-Kelgar's Ring of Command augments his attack.
-Kelgar bashes the necromancer's chest with his hammer (14/25).
-Kelgar strikes again, clipping the necromancer with his hammer (12/25).
-Kelgar swings his hammer, but the necromancer ducks and evades it.
-Kelgar grazes the necromancer's shoulder (11/25).

-Kelgar winds up for another swing, but the necromancer catches the hammer on the tip of his own blade and deflects it.
-Carrow shoots the necromancer in the back as the necromancer clashes with Kelgar. A look of dismay crosses the dark mage's face as he sustains more so many unexpected injuries in rapid succession (5/25).

-Carrow shoots the necromancer in the neck, but the man's life-twisting magic continues to sustain him (1/25).
-Carrow plants an arrow in the necromancer's eye. The necromancer's body quietly slumps to the floor at Kelgar's feet.

-Carrow drops his bow and draws his Blade of Couronne.
-Revaethan uses Woven Mist (2).

-Revaethan hacks into one of the crypt keepers. It becomes clear that all of these crypt keepers are wearing some kind of magic armor that negates much of the force of incoming blows (18/20).
-Revaethan swings again, but the crypt keeper parries his attack.

-Revaethan stabs at the crypt keeper, but is too slow for his strike to connect.
-Dorgath lands a Great Axe Attack on the same crypt keeper Revaethan is fighting (11/20).

-Dorgath swings his axe again, but it is stopped with a loud clanging sound as it bounces off the crypt keeper's sword.
-Dorgath fumbles his axe around for a bit.
-Dorgath kicks a crypt keeper, but the monster's armor protects it.

-Dorgath unleashes a battle-cry, suddenly trips the crypt keeper that's been giving him trouble, then smashes its skull to pieces between his two gauntlets. That's one undead down.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.

-Throg's ice missile doesn't hit anything.
-Throg swings his axe at a wight. The monster scrambles out of the way.
-Throg chops a piece off a wight (12/14).
-Throg lands a blow, but his axe gets lodged in a wight's armor.
-Throg slams his axe into a wight (10/14).
-Throg kicks at a wight. The wight dodges it.
-Throg bites a wight (8/14).

-There is a metallic crunch as Throg rips right through a wight's armor with his claws (5/14).
-Tomas slices a wight with his sword (13/14).
-Tomas raises his sword again, but the effects of Fear overtake him.
-Tomas impales a wight on his sword (6/14).
-Tomas hurts himself with his own sword (20/21).
-Ty clobbers a crypt keeper with his morningstar and throws some knuckle-duster hits in for good measure (10/20).

-Ty's morningstar causes his opponent's weapon to begin disintegrating.
-Ty lunges with his fist-spike, but loses his balance.
-Ty continues to flounder, off-balanced worse than he initially assumed. He looks kind of silly.
-Ty cuts a crypt keeper with his fist-spike (8/20).
-Ty swings his morningstar. A crypt keeper sidesteps it.
-Ty kicks at a crypt keeper, but manages to lose his balance yet again. What's going on?

-Ty attempts a knee-strike, then another, and has now rolled so many 1's in a row that he falls on the floor and takes 1 damage (19/20).
-Tyresius Roll 1 on a D6 Count For this Fight: 6
-Seeing that his friend needs help, Kelgar charges in behind the crypt keeper that Ty is fighting. He almost lands a hit with his warhammer.
-Kelgar's hammer bounces off a crypt keeper's armor.

-Kelgar lands a blow squarely on a crypt keeper. It bounces off that cursed armor.
-Kelgar hit a crypt keeper one more time. His hammer bounces right off its armor without doing any damage.
-Exasperated, Kelgar draws forth a spell scroll and casts Cataclysm. Swirling blackness wraps around four of the undead (3 damage).
-A wight strikes at Carrow. The elf evades it easily.

-A wight tears into Tomas (8/21).
-A wight lunges for Throg, but the Chaos Warrior is far too quick for it.
-A wight tries to grab Revaethan. The wardancer nimbly avoids it.

-A crypt keeper stabs Revaethan.
-Revaethan's Belt of Ariel magically deflects an attack that would harm Revaethan.
-A crypt keeper stabs Revaethan again. This time it works, and looks like it really hurts too (8/18).

-A crypt keeper stabs Dorgath (15/21).
-A crypt keeper slashes Dorgath (8/21).
-A crypt keeper tries to stomp on Ty, who is prone on the floor, but the pit fighter shimmies to the side just in time.
-A crypt keeper leans down and grapples Ty, but inadvertently gives the deft pit fighter assistance getting back to his feet.
-A wight bashes at Ty unsuccessfully.
-A wight charges Kelgar. The priest drives it back with his hammer.
-A wight sinks its teeth into Kelgar (18/19).

-Carrow's Blade of Couronne depletes the wight in front of him (13/14).

Next round...
-The Power Phase is 4 for this turn.

Last edited:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member

-Ty clobbers a crypt keeper with his morningstar and throws some knuckle-duster hits in for good measure (10/20).
-Ty's morningstar causes his opponent's weapon to begin disintegrating.
-Ty lunges with his fist-spike, but loses his balance.
-Ty continues to flounder, off-balanced worse than he initially assumed. He looks kind of silly.
-Ty cuts a crypt keeper with his fist-spike (8/20).
-Ty swings his morningstar. A crypt keeper sidesteps it.
-Ty kicks at a crypt keeper, but manages to lose his balance yet again. What's going on?
-Ty attempts a knee-strike, then another, and has now rolled so many 1's in a row that he falls on the floor and takes 1 damage (19/20).
-Tyresius Roll 1 on a D6 Count For this Fight: 6
-A crypt keeper tries to stomp on Ty, who is prone on the floor, but the pit fighter shimmies to the side just in time.
-A crypt keeper leans down and grapples Ty, but inadvertently gives the deft pit fighter assistance getting back to his feet.
-A wight bashes at Ty unsuccessfully.
Maybe cause he was catching a few ZZZZZ's, and you woke him up! ;)