War Powers Act

A

arhar

Multani, please explain

Country=Patriotism=Pride=Arrogance=Ignorance=Fear=
Prejudice=Racism

a little further. Does your use of the "=" mean you assume that's ALWAYS the case? Seems so. Also, I fail to see why you're making such a big deal out of attacking cities full of women and children. You do understand that if that ever happens, it will happen during a WAR. War = human casualties. If we do go to war, do you doubt for one second that if our enemies invade the US cities(which will never happen, but let's just say for the sake of argument that it could happen) they won't kill OUR women and children? Exactly. I'm sorry if I'm not looking at the world through the pink glasses.

I

Ihsans Shade

But we are the United States. We are supposed to be better than that.

Z

Zadok001

I believe Multani meant to show a chain of events. Each one does not immedietely or inevitably lead to the next, but each one CAN spawn the next. Better written as:

Country ---> Patriotism ---> Pride ---> Arrogance ---> Ignorance ---> Fear ---> Prejudice ---> Racism

It's a chain, not direct comparison. But I believe he is correct. The mere act of separating the world into individual nations that are not linked together by some higher force leads to racism, at some basic level.

D

DÛke

Mr. Arhar:
I'm sorry if I'm not looking at the world through the pink glasses.
Arhar, you're not looking at the world in the "pink glasses" because your vision is perfectly hot-pink on its own right. Just how much of pink can it get!
Multani and Zadok:
Country ---> Patriotism ---> Pride ---> Arrogance ---> Ignorance ---> Fear ---> Prejudice ---> Racism
Agreed. Period.

A

arhar

Ok, I'm obviously not going to win this argument, so let's just agree to disagree, cause I'm pretty tired of all this.