Vwr Ftw

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Aether flash is solid, but it costs as much as Tainted aether. 4cc cards are so slooow. How do I work around this?

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Acceleration, you mean. That would help, but to speed up the deck I'd need 3 mana by turn 2. I was thinking along the lines of adding a lot of burn sweepers (earthquake, pyroclasm) or go with Sharpshooter, Plaguespitter and either Spirit loop or Warhammer (or behemoth sled if I can get the proper mana...). Sharpshooter is good with the state-based effect as well, but I had already noticed that it's a slow card. Plaguespitter goes nicely with dark ritual, perhaps that's a good possibility.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
That doesn't work in this deck. Yeah, it kills the survivor tokens, but not the hunted tokens. Night of Soul's betrayal works (I've used it before), but it's also 4 mana.

I've settled on this list:

4 VWR
4 Hunted phantasm
1 Hunted horror
1 Hunted dragon
1 Hunted troll
4 Plague spitter
2 Goblin sharpshooter

4 Leyline of singularity
1 Engineered explosives
1 Powder keg
2 Loxodon warhammer
4 Brainstorm
4 Pyroclasm
1 Crime/punishment
4 Dark ritual

4 Forbidden orchard
4 Polluted delta
4 Gemstone mine
1 Island
1 Academy ruins
1 Underground sea
1 Tropical island
1 Scrubland
1 Badlands
1 Tolaria west
1 Urborg
1 Izzet boilerworks
1 Karakas

It lacks card draw and, well, everything else, but with 4 Pyroclasms, rituals plus Plague spitters I doubt I'll be bothered by weenie rushes. Or tokens. I'm not sure about the Sharpshooters, but they're good with and without the Leyline. The Warhammers are insane with Plague spitter.

What I would like to do with the deck is to add some card draw or tutoring, and perhaps removal. But I have 'clasms, keg and EE, it shouldn't be too bad. One thing I've always wanted to do with Plague Spitters is to run Scythe of the Wretched (or the new Unscythe?) together with Bottle Gnomes.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Worldwake has a solid card for the deck:

Basilisk Collar (1)
Artifact - Equipment (rare)
Equipped creature has deathtouch and lifelink.
Equip (2)

Cheaper than Warhammer of Behemoth Sledge. I think this turns this deck officially into a Goblin Sharpshooter deck. I'm still thinking about Blade of the Bloodchief, but that card doesn't do anything if you don't deal damage first. I'm still bummed Bloodchief Ascencion reads "card" instead of "creature", otherwise the deck would've been solid at once. Pity.

Terastedon would be a good fit, but 8 mana is just too much.