Voting Topics

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What questions/topics are left again?

Also, when does our liasion (whoever that may be) send the results off to WOTC? Or, after how many polls are they sent off?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And unfortunately, I don't have a real good answer...

See, since the Ratification of the Mission Statement vote we've been waiting on the revised edition of said document. Without a clear mandate from our membership on the Mission Statement it wouldn't be fair to everyone if we unilaterally decided to send off the Voting results, so we haven't done it yet, and, AFAIK, won't until we get it.

Only it appears that Dave Thomas has once again made off with our Baron :(.

I think I'll fire off an email and see if there's anything I can do to help speed things along...

Truth is though, I'm not sure just how many of the members who voted last time are still with us, and we've added many, many, more new members since then. It's altogether possible the current core group isn't really all that interested in doing the "Sending the results on to WotC" thing that our group was interested in doing in the past.

I guess we'll find out if/when the Baron comes through.

And in the meantime, it's still kinda' fun to poll our members and see what we all think about stuff. I think that even if we end up not sending the results on to WotC at some point in the future, that they'll still get the message through their lurkers, especially if the subject is something that they are concerned about, and for the rest it's good enough to just do it for ourselves.

Speaking of which, the topics I mentioned that are left to do are the Ethics question (Is WotC/the DCI doing enough to promote ethical, sportsmanlike play?), and the banning issue part 2, brought up by Hellion, which I'm not sure how to phrase out (What would be the best way for WotC to research possible bannings maybe?).

I am open to more suggestions. Thoughts?

A

Almindhra

I don't think Wizards will really look at our polls...We don't have enough people to create a real poll...You need a big cross section...

But I think we should still do the polls...We all like to see what other members think about different issues

D

Duel

Almindhra, I think you're missing something: The polls aren't there for Wizards to see. They're there for us to see... And we have a decnt cross section, from gizmo, who's part of a team and regularly tourneys, to istanbul, who... is... well, he's online alot, to me, who has never been to a tournament but has been playing since the early days....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
TomB: Dave Thomas? (what's the smilie with the question marks over his head? It's not on the list...)

I agree though, that the current "active" members may not be as interested as the group was in the past.

Duel: Ummm... actually, TomB just said
I think that even if we end up not sending the results on to WotC at some point in the future, that they'll still get the message through their lurkers, especially if the subject is something that they are concerned about, and for the rest it's good enough to just do it for ourselves.
So it IS there for WOTC to look at, through their lurkers.

Though I KNOW :) you must be kidding about the cross-section sampling we have. By definition we're attracting a mostly casual clientele; to get an accurate reading we need a lot more than Gizmo and MJ and whoever else to represent just the "pro" side. This is probably what Mr. Adkinson meant by having their own control over such polls (not skewing the results).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Then type : confused : and take out the spaces between the word and the colons.

Like this :confused:

The Baron is spending his summer working for the Man, and, as he has already said, between working a lot and spending time with his girl he doesn't have much spare time. I'm sure he's doing all he can.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, that IS the one. I couldn't see the questions marks because they blended in the background...

D

Duel

I see. the Baron is a car salesman! All my delusiona re shattered *Sob*

M

Multani

On topic:

Let's vote pie or cake.
I'm serious. :)
I vote pie.! :D

C

Cerberus

I would like to see a vote on what people think is the top deck in MBC
I would also like to see a vote on what types of decks will be in the new type II after saga rotates out.

Z

Zadok001

"Who is you favorite Magic writer?"

Even if the answer is obvious, it would be an interesting poll. I can't remember the last time we had a poll with only one choice... :)

D

Darsh

Not really I have two favorites, Anthony Alongi and The Ferrett (not the one here).

D

Duel

Zvi.
I love the decks, I love the views, I love the funny hair.

Wakefield is fun, but he abandoned us. I have no Wakefield!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... I guess I'll have to say that I preferred Alongi over Wakefield too... they're close, but he wins slightly.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Though I think we'll skip the pie/cake thing. :p

Anyhow, this is the place to leave your Voting Topic requests, or you can start a thread here in the Issues Forum which specifically states and outlines the Topic you're interested in having us do.

In the meantime I'll try to get a new topic posted. The Ethics question or the Favorite Writer thing? Hmmm...

You guys decide, and I'll post it next week. Sound good? I hope so. :D