USA offshoot from "Blame it on Inflation?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slug man

Actualy, the average Japanese person has more money then anyone else in the world. And the English pound is stronger then the $ and although I don't really understand economics, isn't your country in economic trouble?
Like most of the rest of the world we think US is hilarious and stupid. Sorry about that.

G

Griffith_se

Geez,

This board should be renamed Casually Bash the US Alliance.

Featuring- Multani's monthly Bash the USA thread.

If that makes You feel better go ahead, its a free country.

R

Rando

But, the U.S.A. can kick any country's buttocks in a stand-up fight, so bite us.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Slugman: I would think the country with the richest people on average would be either Hong Kong (not really a country per se, China owns it, but oh well) or Switzerland (all the bankers).

Hasbro is making more than a "reasonable profit," but then, corporations do. There is absolutely no point in complaining about this, because they aren't going to lower the price just because of it. If some person were to go as far as to organize a large-scale boycott of new cards, Hasbro might just go "OK" and ignore it. They have other methods of getting money anyway.

I do think that they are charging too much. I remember that at about the time of Masques they raised the retail of a booster from $2.95 to $3.29. I remember being mad about this. But protesting will achieve nothing.

G

Gizmo

I`m fairly sure Sweden has the highest per capita income...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone look up which country is the richest per capita to settle this! Aaaaugh! :)

Slug Man: Define "economic trouble".

TICM: Saying Switzerland is mostly bankers is like saying COlumbia is mostly druglords. Which is to say most likely false and not very wise to assume they have a lot of money "just because" of that perception. There's plenty o' Army Knives and clock makers there too, you know... ;)

S

Slug man

I am sorry if my comments upset you, and whilst I am pretty sure Japan is the richest, I could be wrong. The only reason I laid in to your country like that is because to the rest of the world US is a joke. Your elections take ages, and are probalby rigged, your leaders get assasained too much (although that has stopped recently), most evil things are associated with America and lots of Americans are rather stupid (but I reckon most people who play magic have a bit of intelligence).
ps. if you military is so wonderful, how did you lose Vietnam. And with less then inspirational leadership from George Bush, you are retreating troops from places like Kososvo so obviously your military might isn't that strongly felt.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if I should even reply to this mouthful of misinformation... is your country's education system THAT bad?

Election system: I don't even know what you're talking about here... without understanding you, all I gotta say is, at least we have elections. <shrug>

Presidents assassinated? I don't have the number offhand, but isn't it amazing that despite them, the US hasn't fallen into anarchy and little state "kingdoms" like other countries are prone to do? Hmmmm....

Lost Vietnam? That's the ONLY example of our "weakened" military might you could come up with? Please.... that's like saying England lost the US Revolutionary War so they suck :rolleyes:

"Retreat from Kosovo"? I believe it's a thing called "UN peacekeeping tour of duty"

Get your facts straight before you come to the table... LOL....

R

Rando

Elections - Well, during the last election I did not see any riots or coups. Also, I have not seen anyone declare themselves "Presidnet for life" either.

Viet Nam - One example of a withdrawl of troops out of how many military engagements?

Kosovo - So, bringing troops home from a peace-keeping mission is a retreat?

Stupid Americans - You don't come across as the brightest bulb yourself.

Assasanated Presidents - I can think of 3 off hand. Out of nearly 50? That's a lot?

I personally think that a lot of countrys just feel bitter about the States because we came to such economic and military prominance in so short a time: a scant 200 years.

Where are you from, any way?

EDIT - I did not mean for my post to sound like a carbon copy of Spiderman's, but it sort of ended up that way. It took me a while to type mine. Oh well...

G

Griffith_se

##################################################

M

Mikeymike

Do you have something personal against America? Or are you one of those people who just enjoys trying to piss people off purposely? Either way, its ironic that you are insulting Americans' intelligence levels considering how stupid you come off in your argument, or should I say attack. Go ahead and blame America for everyone else's problems, we're used to it by now.

My personal favorite:
...most evil things are associated with America...
Where did you get that one, that's about as random as they come. Word of advice: next time you want to make a point try to use arguments and examples instead of accusations. I would say try not to be so spiteful but your intentions seem obvious.

About our military; your citing examples from over 30 years ago and there have been just a few advances in technology again. A better example would be Iraq. That was supposed to be a long, drawn out, bloody war with casualties expected to be around 30-40,000. It lasted maybe 6 months and we lost 91 lives. Yeah, our military is in deep trouble (that was sarcasm in case you missed it).

Do everyone a favor and DON'T say what country you are from. Not only would everyone just go nuts on you, but you risk embarrassing any fellow countrymen who might be cruising around the CPA and that's not fair to them that YOU decided to be their ambassador.

American and proud baby.

PS-Nice flag Griffith!

PPS-If I remember correctly the highest per capita income in the world is the United Arab Emirates at around $35,000 average per citizen.

M

Mr USA

First off, we didn't lose Vietnam. We lost 50,000 soldiers as compared to over 1 million of the enemy. Do the math. Our kill ratios were about 20 to 1. If that isn't good enough, then understand that we virtually lost NO battles. All engagements from moderate size to large (Dien Bien Fu) we won without question. Why did we leave? Because of the lack of public support. Our people back at home (hippies) wouldn't stand for staying there any longer than we had so our government was coerced (by our own people) into pulling out. Also, we accomplished our mission. Our primary goal was to stop the spread of Communism. We did that. South Vietnam succumbed to the NVA but you didn't see ANY other SE Asian nations fall prey to the big red evil. Records that have been unclassified by Russia and China show that this is true.

Kosovo? Why are we pulling out of there? Because arrogant Europeans don't want us butting into their business. We try to act like the world's policeman (albeit sloppily) and the world hates us for it. So screw it. Let them resolve their own problems. Let the Balkans turn into a 'powder keg' (WWI reference, not MtG) again, let it start another theatre war. . . and let people like Slug Man, take care of it. _Our_ national interests are not at stake in Kosovo, so we are wising up to the complaints of the rest of the world, and backing out.

Slug Man you are obviously not well read, don't know history, and don't follow current events or politics. Until you get educated, you should probably keep your wrongful comments to yourself. What flea-ridden country do you hail from? Tell us, I'm sure your country has lots to be proud of.

S

Salacious Crumb

My god
*Crumb shakes his head*
You people should be ashamed of yourselves for even caring about this...
Now, kiss and make up.

BTW, The soviet union could kick the whole worlds butt:D J/K

Hoipa

L

Lotus Mox

Please don't move this thread into off-topic just because I made a little remark which wasn't even that accurate ;).

plz, Stop this random USA bashing, even though they deserve it (j/k don't kill me for that, besides that the U.S.A. should be ashamed for what they've done in Vietnam.... OK I STOP NOW I WILL NOT BASH YOUR HOLY COUNTRY I WILL NOT STOP YOUR HOLY CRUSADE AGAINST THE FILTHY CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oops I need to take my medication :) )

Magic players of all countries, UNITE!

And I personally wouldn't care much if my Wraths would be worth <1$ when they make magic cheaper, because I play with them and not speculate about their prices, as if Magic would be some kind of stock market, IT'S a GAME dammit!

I

Istanbul

Isn't it possible that he picked up a correctly-priced box of Ice Age for $12?

You know. Little box, 60 cards inside...

I'm thinking he said 'box', but bought a starter pack. THAT makes sense.

S

Salacious Crumb

In the words from "Mars Attacks"

Why can't we all just get along?

Hoipa

G

Gizmo

I think that American history is littered with examples where the USA, as is the case for Britain, has made a valuable and uniquely positive contribution to the welfare of its own and other peoples. But I also think that, as is the case for Britain, the commonly cited examples are utterly wrong.

I don`t think there is anything positive to be taken from the US involvement in Vietnam, just as I am deeply ashamed of the UK`s own imperial history (such great highlights as he first ever concentration camps, poison gas...).

US bashing? Never, at least no more than I`ll bash any country. But blind patriotism is a poor excuse for an ideology.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of splitting this thread and moving it Off-Topic, but then maybe people wouldn't get what or why we're talking about this. Besides, "USA bashing" is so general, it's like asking if God Exists (which also has been done in Off-Topic so go look for it there, don't start here! :))

People who've followed my debates with Multani and others in Off-Topic on different issues should know I also don't claim the US to be perfect in every way. I do claim to prefer it over most of the countries in the world <shrug> If someone would like to subsidize my costs so I can travel and fully research this ;) I'll be happy to change my mind.

I will admit the US lost the Vietnam War. I just found it amusing that of ALL the wars the US has fought with external countries, that is pretty much the ONLY one that is a loss. Do the win/loss percentage for yourself.

I can also think of more than three US presidents assassinated (that old urban legend about every president who has been elected in a year ending with 0 until Ronald Reagan came along), but as I said before, transition of power was remarkably peaceful, despite the assassin's probably intention of stirring up mayhem.

So let's get back on topic... Isty has a good thought that it could have been an Ice Age Starter box for $12, not a full booster box.

R

Rando

OK, to continue the off-topic portion, which I find much more interesting...

The following presidents were elected in years ending in 0

Wm Henry Harrison - Died in office, natural illness

Lincoln - Assasinated

Garfield - Assasinated

McKinley - Assasinated

Harding - Died in office by "Mysterious means"

FDR - Died in office, natural illness

Kennedy - Assasinated

OK, so 4 assasinated presidents.

...I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.