Up For Dissection

R

Rakarth

This is a deck I've put together from everything I could muster and the new Azorius Ascendant precon. White and Blue, the idea is to use Minister of Impediments, Azorius Guildmage or Plumes of Peace to tap any creatures my Defenders can't handle or use Instants like Holy Day to stop the combat damage altogether. Soulsworn Jury can get rid of anything to nasty before it comes down amd Shielding Plax sees that my blockers stay in play.

This is all to wait for Angel of Mercy, Air Elemental or Halcyon Glaze to get into play, or if not then Wakestone Gargoyle can be used to turn some of the Defenders into attackers and To Arms! and Ocular Halo would make sure that they are able to block again in my opponents turn.

Creatures
4x Azorius First-Wing
3x Tidewater Minion
3x Minister of Impediments
3x Soulsworn Jury
3x Angel of Mercy
2x Stoic Ephemera
1x Azorius Guildmage
1x Prison barricade
1x Wakestone Gargoyle
1x Air Elemental

Instants
1x Valor Made Real
2x Thunderheads
1x To Arms!
1x Holy Day

Enchantments
2x Plumes of Peace
4x Ocular Halo
2x Shielding Plax
1x Faith's Fetters
1x Halcyon Glaze

Artifact
1x Azorius Signet

Land
2x Azorius Chancery
10x Plains
10x Island

Any help or ideas would be great,
Thanks, rakarth

L

Limited

First of all, I'd drop the single Signet for another Azorius Chancery..
Next, because its a very defensive deck so what you need is creatures with some kind of evasion. You've got a great deal of flyers, but something like Azorius Herald would really be superb!

Next, I'd swap one Ocular Halo for another Plumes of Peace.. seems like the better card

T

The Firemind

Look for the Grand Arbiter Augustin IV. One of the better Guildmasters out there. Has a practical ability that would well suit this deck. He speeds you up and slows down your opponent.

L

Limited

Oh, and Azorius Guildmage is very good.. try to get more of those!

(if you do, put in another Chancery because you'll want to be playing 24 lands)

R

Rakarth

Having trouble gettin the cards recommended but I've made a few alterations. in goes another Azorius Guildmage and a Plumes of Peace.

If I were to put the Grand Arbiter in, how many and what should he replace?
At the moment the deck seems to work well with the lands I've got in at but i'm tryin to get another azorius Chancery off Ebay.

Creatures

1xWakestone gargoyle
1xAir Elemental
2xAzorius Guildmage
3xMinister of Impediments
2xStoic Ephemera
2xSky Hussar (Replaced Angel of Mercy)
3xAzorius First-Wing
3xSoulsworn Jury
3xTidewater Minion

Instants

1xTo Arms!
1xHoly Day
2xValor Made Real (Make better use of high toughness blockers)
2xThunderheads
1xSteeling Stance

Enchantments

1xMark of Eviction
3xPlumes of Peace
2xOcular Halo
1xHalcyon Glaze
2xShielding Plax
1xFaith's Fetters
1xSinstriker's Will (Thought it would make use of high power creatures with defender without Wakestone Gargoyle or paying mana to allow them to attack)

Land

2xAzorius Chancery
10xPlains
10xIsland

Rakarth